0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    he played like shit for canada
    too right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and that makes it 12 players available as at current? player knows this, also knows club is shopping for another CB, he's been asking for a raise, its always been put off- something had to break. my bigger concern is we are a few weeks away and we are far from having a quality squad in place.

also, where is the media following the squad to break this news first????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck him. Let him go walking down a runway for his money. I'm tired of these fucks making a mockery of our club. The front office and the players deserve each other with the shit-show they put on year in and year out. It's a shame the rest of us have to suffer through it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps he is realizing that he is at max value based on his season last year .... and that his limitations (ie. he is a deer caught in headlights when having to play the ball and not hoof it down field) are exposed for all to see in the new system.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man oh man. Roster-wise, we are absolutely fucked, especially on the back four. This is seriously going to be another year where some guy we just signed is putting on his kit in the back of a cab on his way to the first game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So lets see, we're 2 weeks away from the opening game. We haven't signed anybody. We got rid of a lot of players, and now players like Cann and Dero are bitching about their contracts.

Yup, this is looking EXACTLY like last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    is he Dero's roommate by chance? Me feels the dero virus is spreading.
    Man I thought it was his awesome attitude and willingness to give it all for the badge that made Cann a player of the year. Sure beats that selfish De Rosario character eh...

Oh wait.

More proof that players play for money and not for people's fanciful notions of loyalty.

And good for Cann for being a greedy player, because that's what I expect out of people who are trying to make a living playing the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get rid of him, players who do this piss me off. You signed the deal now live with it, when you suck after a big deal its not like you give money back to the club.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Man, oh man, looks like the rot runs deep in this club.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The more things change, the more they stay the same with this club. Shame...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well that's a fucking kick in the balls.

I know we're all supposed to have faith in winter and all that, but fuck, they're making it difficult.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the f is going on? With first game only weeks away, where is our team?

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd need more details before coming out pro or anti cann, but man this sucks. As for the 4 yr deal thing, i could have sworn that i read earlier that he was out of contract, or at the very least looking for a new deal, don't remember anyone mentioning he already had a 4 year deal back then.

fuck me, what a fucking shitshow.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    get rid of him, players who do this piss me off. You signed the deal now live with it, when you suck after a big deal its not like you give money back to the club.
    EDIT:

Nana is the next one as his contract expires at the end of the year but he becomes a free agent if he isn't signed by July.
    Last edited by Whoop; 03-02-2011 at 05:29 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    well that's a fucking kick in the balls.

I know we're all supposed to have faith in winter and all that, but fuck, they're making it difficult.
    First MLSE have us bend over an take it, now this kick in the balls. We can only take so much. Hurry up and sign some defenders with class and a striker who can finish.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nevermind, just saw he's into his 2nd year of a 4 year contract.

Don't these guys know the aspect of fulfilling your contract.

Geez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basing that on tfc article which says he is halfway through a 4yr deal

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^
    Yeah just saw.

Thought he only signed for 1 year last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Cann is a different position than DeRo though.

As far as I know Cann doesn't have a contract yet. I thought he only signed a one year deal? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Nana is the next one as his contract expires at the end of the year but he becomes a free agent if he isn't signed by July.
    I was wondering the same thing.

If Cann is, in fact, under contract than I have little sympathy for him or the club.

This is what can happen when a player (no matter how good he is) thinks he's bigger than the team. What's worse.....this is what happens when a player acts out and the club capitulates.

Until a line is drawn in the sand, every player who thinks that he deserves more money will strong arm the team.

I really like Cann in our back line but if he's walking out while under contract he can keep walking. I'd rather lose every game than continue a foster a culture where the inmates run the asylum.

Now.....if he's out of contract it's a different story. Still a douchey move but contract negotiations turn out this way sometimes.

I'd be interested to know how much he wants and how much he's been offered. Then we'll see a great debate around here.

Honestly though, my first reaction was to laugh out loud. Not because it's a funny situation but because it seems like it's par for the course.

I seriously think they're trying to drive us nuts. LOL

edit: Just read above that he's under contract.

WOW! What a douche. Later bud.

FO....take note. This is what happens when you let a player fuck you around. Thanks MeRo.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^
    That's why I agree with Pigfynn and Voodoo.

You have to take a stand.

It sounds like DeRo might be getting a new deal so Cann is doing the same.

Point being, if you bitch and moan long enough the club will cave into your wage demands and you can't have that happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ He also knows that he has TFC over a bit of a barrel here with season almost ready to start.

"Try replacing me in 2 weeks, or pay me"

That's how you make a play for the dosh...wait, wait, wait...now gimme the money or I walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    ^^ He also knows that he has TFC over a bit of a barrel here with season almost ready to start.

"Try replacing me in 2 weeks, or pay me"

That's how you make a play for the dosh...wait, wait, wait...now gimme the money or I walk.
    Contractual question: What can he do now? Can he play for another team in another league? Would TFC have legal recourse if he did?

They better not give him what he wants. I'd sever all communication with him and move on. Back line be damned.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take back his team MVP from last year and sell him to the Cypriot first division.
    Because all he is worth right now is a bag of balls and some wine.

At this point play the damn academy for the season, at least they are loyal since they had to commit to the academy when it started.

Either that or MLSE should simply go out and buy two top level DPs with the leafs' profits to shut DeRo and Cann up (because watch ... if high profile players come in they won't complain about their money any more)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Contractual question: What can he do now? Can he play for another team in another league? Would TFC have legal recourse if he did?

They better not give him what he wants. I'd sever all communication with him and move on. Back line be damned.
    If he is under contract, he cannot play anywhere other than for TFC in MLS.

I'm confused about this 4 year contract talk in the article. Is that true? We have continually been told he was on a 1-year contract

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What annoys me is that fact the the most childish people in this club are Torontonians. Shouldn't they be the most passionate people in this club? Not a bunch of greedy fucks? I you didn't like the contract, they why the fuck did you sign it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adrian Cann Leaves Camp!

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/20...n-leaves-camp/

Late Wednesday afternoon Toronto FC announced vie their website that defender Adrian Cann has chosen to leave training camp and has returned to Toronto, after turning down the club's offer on a renegotiated contract. Thoughts on this very worrisome news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    EDIT:

According to the TFC article, he's in the 2nd of a 4 year contract. So yes, he is under contract. So, I guess players never renegotiate contracts, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When did Adrian Cann sign a four year contract? In January, Duane Rollins reported Cann was out of contract and negotiations had stalled with both him and Nana (who still has one year remaining). Both were looking for longterm contracts. Adrian Cann was making $65,322 and Nana was making the base salary at $40,000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cann is a good player and we need him, but having said that he's probably the most over-rated player in our short history. He's a "good" CB, nothing more nothing less. He just looks great because before him we've never had a CB than could even be called good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disgraceful timing, lacking a bit of class with it.

Considering Cann's abilities, toronto is most likely one of the best teams he could play for, especially at his age. Big city, Large fan base. Send him off to Moldova (Rohan Ricketts recently player there I think :P ) , wouldn't want him to mug Toronto FC off, he's lucky to play here.