Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So was it Cann who was the bad influence and cancer in the dressing room all along? I overheard a couple of old woman at the bus stop who alleged that he has been in DeRo's ear for years and it escalated a lot more once he joined TFC. It seems Cann may have used DeRo as a scapegoat to get wages increased all round and now DeRo has taken the wrath of the fans and media he is now making his own play. Very strategic, very cunning Mr Cann.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Send the caveman home...I mean this guy has one good year and now this...disgusting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If DeRo is known as MeRo then can Cann be known now as Canncer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, if Cann is known as the Model Player who fights for the badge, works hard, keeps quiet... doesn't that mean our Captain Dwayne De Rosario is also a model player? Anyone willing to confirm my suspicions about his model player status?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, who will be booing Cann when he steps on the field when/if this worked out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we need a poll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been a noted critic of DeRo and his antics for a while now, but to the man's credit he is not holding out. He is not flying home. He is with his new teammates working hard and getting ready for the new season. I at least will give him credit where due for that.

And on the Cann thing this is way too early to pas any judgments. Was this a mutual decision? Was TFC low balling him in contract talks? Is Cann being too unreasonable? Is the precursor to a trade? Does Winter even think Cann is the type of player for his system?

Way too many questions and far too few answers at this point folks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...training-camp&

Check out Ben Rycroft's report on this. Provides some background and context to Cann's situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    I have been a noted critic of DeRo and his antics for a while now, but to the man's credit he is not holding out. He is not flying home. He is with his new teammates working hard and getting ready for the new season. I at least will give him credit where due for that.

And on the Cann thing this is way too early to pas any judgments. Was this a mutual decision? Was TFC low balling him in contract talks? Is Cann being too unreasonable? Is the precursor to a trade? Does Winter even think Cann is the type of player for his system?

For many people here, this isn't a problem. Cann signed a four year contract. He's renegotiating with the club, and the club offered him a better contract. Cann is obligated to accept without negotiating according to many people here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have to Thank Derosario for setting the example for this kind of behavior

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think JDG should renegotiate his contract

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdzb View Post
    We have to Thank Derosario for setting the example for this kind of behavior
    Because Adrian Cann is completely incapable of making decisions about how he behaves. And because De Rosario chose not to play and hold out on his contract right?

Oh wait...

Get real. Cann's a grown adult. The decisions he makes are his own, he can either own them, or he can't. De Rosario is not a factor here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now I'm confused what to do when they announce their names over the PA at BMO when they do the starting linupe - should I cheer when I hear Cann and Dero's names or BOO them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    I think JDG should renegotiate his contract
    well actually, if he'd just spread around a few hundred k it could solve a few problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...training-camp&

Check out Ben Rycroft's report on this. Provides some background and context to Cann's situation.
    Interesting article. Apparently Cann went into negotiations last year without an agent. First Wave got mixed into it and took an agent fee and Cann was against it. He couldn't do much because he had just left his previous team to come to Toronto and was without club and options. Sounds like typical MLSE/Mo behind the scenes bullshit.
    Last edited by Nestease; 03-02-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Because Adrian Cann is completely incapable of making decisions about how he behaves. And because De Rosario chose not to play and hold out on his contract right?

Oh wait...

Get real. Cann's a grown adult. The decisions he makes are his own, he can either own them, or he can't. De Rosario is not a factor here.
    I guess you know by now who is the Cancer or the Bad Apple in TFC's locker room.
    If Mr Dero didn't show his teamates that he can bend the rules with the FO just because they don't have any other options, this story with Cann will not happen but because it happened already with Dero and our defence at the moment still look like shit, then Mr Cann will think that he is the best option in TFC's back four why not try a little blackmail with the FO...after all, we are only two weeks away from the start of the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    If DeRo is known as MeRo then can Cann be known now as Canncer?
    Drop it the DeRo thing already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    They're all trying to score a better deal for themselves and quite frankly I don't blame them. .
    You've never struck me as a bad guy Roogsy, but that`s a contemptibly amoral position.

Let's put what you just said in terms that reflect that actual morals of the position, given that he has three seasons left on his deal.

"Contracts are valueless. You shouldn't have to live up to them. You should be able to sign a deal and then walk away from it whenever you feel like it to leverage a better deal."

This kind of anti-social behaviour, endemic to the flaws in capitalism and reflected in the behaviour of leaders in both business and politics, is at root simply a consequence of an unmoderated social system that continues to value ethics of power and dominance, left over from much older, smaller tribal cultures, over rational investigation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either way...maybe some of you guys should have some avatars drawn up with dollar signs in Cann's eyes as well.

+1 hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could it be TFC opened up negotiations prior to winter and co coming on board? Cann currently doesn't rate highly with the new regime? They thought they could him sign for pennies, until the right player comes along?

What a gong show!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the downside of not making an example out of DeRo. If you weren't going to ship him out of town he should of at least been dressed down and shamed publicly.

When you acquiesce to 1 player the lineup is going to form quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, this is hardly the news I was hoping to hear this close to the beginning of our season. I can't say I blame the guy though - he's only making 60 grand per year, and that's far from the money DeRo is making. Regardless, I'm not pleased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either way...maybe some of you guys should have some avatars drawn up with dollar signs in Cann's eyes as well.

LOL in due time (too bad he didn't do it publicly, eh?). We'll see how this plays out, he might get photoshopped.

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Also, who will be booing Cann when he steps on the field when/if this worked out?
    As it currently stands, I will. Hopefully it gets resolved and he's still on the team (or traded to the Whitecaps), but the damage is already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
    I think we need a poll.
    Too soon, give it a couple days for people to digest it.

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post

Spot-on. I was a big critic of DeRo as well, and while this doesn't vindicate Dwayne, it shows me that despite his contract disputes, he worked his ass off and was a respectable face for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    Drop it the DeRo thing already.
    Exactly. This has little to do with DeRo. Even the locker chemistry argument means that its bigger than one player.

I blame it on MoJo's Curse. He's still kicking us in the balls from beyond the ocean. Fuck MoJo.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nestease View Post
    Interesting article. Apparently Cann went into negotiations last year without an agent. First Wave got mixed into it and took an agent fee and Cann was against it. He couldn't do much because he had just left his previous team to come to Toronto and was without club and options. Sounds like typical MLSE/Mo behind the scenes bullshit.
    Very typical Mo/ First wave complete fuck up of a contract. anyways it sounds with that story, from what was understood Adrian loves being here, I don't see the point in walking out in the second year of your contract. does walking out really give the team more inclination to give you a raise? if you are a pending free agent fine, you have options, but throwing all your cards on the table seems like a desperate move for Cann at this time. there is somthing else here yet to be reveled...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Him and the team will eventually work it out. What's the big deal about this? This is life in soccer people. What rock have you been under?
    If a player shits the bed after signing a new contract, would you support a club being able to suspend the player without pay until he agrees to a cramdown on his contract such that his pay reflects his production?

somehow i doubt it.

That's the problem. If breaking your contract to negotiate a new one at higher $$$ is the norm, but you can never do the opposite ....... how the fuck is that sustainable in a cap world?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FML!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bman27 View Post
    Very typical Mo/ First wave complete fuck up of a contract. anyways it sounds with that story, from what was understood Adrian loves being here, I don't see the point in walking out in the second year of your contract. does walking out really give the team more inclination to give you a raise? if you are a pending free agent fine, you have options, but throwing all your cards on the table seems like a desperate move for Cann at this time. there is somthing else here yet to be reveled...
    I would really like to see what the sides were negotiating for. I would understand Cann leaving if they offered him less than what he was currently making, or a back-loaded contract. Like Newf wrote on his blog, there's more than meets the eye.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RicoSuave44 View Post
    FML!
    you mean FMLSE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, at 55k you ask for a raise, and if youre declined, you go find another job. He's got fuckall to lose by playing hardball.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blowing Bubbles View Post
    If a player shits the bed after signing a new contract, would you support a club being able to suspend the player without pay until he agrees to a cramdown on his contract such that his pay reflects his production?

somehow i doubt it.

That's the problem. If breaking your contract to negotiate a new one at higher $$$ is the norm, but you can never do the opposite ....... how the fuck is that sustainable in a cap world?
    It isn't sustainable.

I like Cann but I can't support the idea of a player holding out when they are under contract. What still puzzles me is why is this deal being renegotiated in the first place? Who initiated that process?

In the absence of a "restricted free agency-like system", with arbitration rights in his future, he and others may feel trapped. Still, unless you are prepared to give back money to the club if performance declines, you can't be supported for playing holdout.
    Last edited by Pookie; 03-02-2011 at 10:52 PM.