Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and Dichio takes over the academy team.
    NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO Field, home of Major League Soccer's Toronto FC and Canada's National Soccer teams, realized an operating profit of $641,000 in 2010, exceeding its initial profit estimates by $241,000. The operating profit will be shared between the City of Toronto and MLSE in accordance with their operating agreement. Since BMO Field opened, MLSE has returned more than $1.2 million of stadium profits back to the City of Toronto.

Im so glad that MLSE and the City are reaping the benefits of BMO. . .
    now. . hwo can we transform that into success on the field?

It would appear that TFC is completeley safe from the axe as other teams struggle to stay alive in MLS. .... . /silver lining>
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Making $$$? Give us a roof and STFU about putting anything but footy in there.

Thankx!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice profit for the City, now watch Mayor try to use it against TFC by proposing to put the Argos in there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    ^Making $$$? Give us a roof and STFU about putting anything but footy in there.

Thankx!
    Exactly. Smoke and mirrors is what this is.
    Their sports team suck, but hey lets put out a story how we make money to diverge the public from the problems.
    Fans are not interested in profit of a sports company. Fans only care about on field performance of the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment has done a wonderful job in managing BMO Field for the City of Toronto," said Chair of the Board of Governors of Exhibition Place, Mark Grimes. "BMO Field is a great stadium and city attraction. It continues to be a leading edge model for public-private partnerships that other North American cities and municipalities look to very closely when considering similar stadium projects."
    What a crock of shit.
    The city got screwed on this deal (look a design as one example), and what great stadium is this??! It was never leading edge in the league and is quickly becoming a dinosaur with Red Bull Arena, Houston, Philadelphia, etc. stadiums opening up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    What a crock of shit.
    The city got screwed on this deal (look a design as one example), and what great stadium is this??! It was never leading edge in the league and is quickly becoming a dinosaur with Red Bull Arena, Houston, Philadelphia, etc. stadiums opening up.
    It's not that bad... just needs a roof! And make it fancy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Shocked you can't get it up for today's SSG.. after losing your shit, yesterday; this one's got a bit more style, I would say.

All is forgiven, though.. since you are the bringer of yum, with this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSG...there is no way that 36 year old is 19!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their sports team suck, but hey lets put out a story how we make money to diverge the public from the problems.
    Fans are not interested in profit of a sports company. Fans only care about on field performance of the team.
    Couldn't DISAGREE more...

Financially stable leagues such as the NBA and NFL have both had teams relocate due to financial reasons - usually a conflict with the city over tax money, lease payments etc...

The NHL, which is not nearly as stable, has had to bail out clubs to stop them from removing and folding...

The MLS is not the most financially stable league - so hearing this news, is good news, and newsworthy...

Look at some of the clubs that draw tiny attendance figures, and have basically no local TV deal worth anything - those clubs are in danger of relocating or folding every year...

This shows that BMO Field (basically TFC) are generating profits for the City of Toronto, and our uber-rich profit driven owners MLSE. That mean - THEY AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE... Which is GREAT NEWS...

Now, onto the team on the pitch...
    Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post

Financially stable leagues such as the NBA and NFL have both had teams relocate due to financial reasons - usually a conflict with the city over tax money, lease payments etc...

The NHL, which is not nearly as stable, has had to bail out clubs to stop them from removing and folding...

The MLS is not the most financially stable league - so hearing this news, is good news, and newsworthy...

Look at some of the clubs that draw tiny attendance figures, and have basically no local TV deal worth anything - those clubs are in danger of relocating or folding every year...

This shows that BMO Field (basically TFC) are generating profits for the City of Toronto, and our uber-rich profit driven owners MLSE. That mean - THEY AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE... Which is GREAT NEWS...

Carts...
    Well said Carts..

Thanks for the morning news demine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carts...
    We care about financial stability in so far as they don't loose money no team is going anywhere.
    Who gives a fuck if they make $1 or $1m or $10mil!!
    The article is only there to stroke MLSE's small penis.

Look at it this way ... how does this article affect you knowing they made $100,000 or $600,000? It doesn't.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, it's also profit for the city, which is good for all Torontonians. So I AM interested in this.

Second, I have never begrudged MLSE making money so long as the team performs. Unlike most people here, I recognize that a profitable team means more reinvestment in the team.

This is a good story and somehow you have turned it into a negative. In all honesty, you need to lighten up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    It's not that bad... just needs a roof! And make it fancy!
    Which is a lot.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carts...

YES CARTS!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We care about financial stability in so far as they don't loose money no team is going anywhere.
    Who gives a fuck if they make $1 or $1m or $10mil!!
    The article is only there to stroke MLSE's small penis.

Look at it this way ... how does this article affect you knowing they made $100,000 or $600,000? It doesn't.

The article isn't supposed to "affect" us, it's supposed to INFORM us. I'd rather be informed than the opposite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    First of all, it's also profit for the city, which is good for all Torontonians. So I AM interested in this.

Second, I have never begrudged MLSE making money so long as the team performs. Unlike most people here, I recognize that a profitable team means more reinvestment in the team.

This is a good story and somehow you have turned it into a negative. In all honesty, you need to lighten up.
    You need to see this for what it is.
    MLSE has been doing this for years .. always thumping there chest about business statements, business awards they receive. yet they get nothing for on field performance. Fuck'em. I am not buying this bullshit and its time to call this shit out.
    MLSE, fuck off with your financials and give me championships in ANY of your sports properties. That what I care about. Don't bs me with how much money you are taking to bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"BMO Field is a great stadium and city attraction. It continues to be a leading edge model for public-private partnerships that other North American cities and municipalities look to very closely when considering similar stadium projects."
    That made me lol.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    That made me lol.
    Which part in particular? Seems like a reasonable statement...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Which part in particular? Seems like a reasonable statement...
    The great stadium part for one. Total BS.
    Cheap and built on the cheap. (Peddie's own words).
    Now its a great stadium .. yeah right.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to see this for what it is.
    MLSE has been doing this for years .. always thumping there chest about business statements, business awards they receive. yet they get nothing for on field performance. Fuck'em. I am not buying this bullshit and its time to call this shit out.
    MLSE, fuck off with your financials and give me championships in ANY of your sports properties. That what I care about. Don't bs me with how much money you are taking to bed.
    Nobody is "BS"ing you. They are putting info out there for people who want to be informed and those that don't want to be informed can ignore it.

"See it for what it is" is the classic statement of the paranoid and the conspiracy theorist. There is no evidence that this is anything more than information that is regularly released by any entity of this kind, especially when it's a partnership with a public institution like the City of Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The great stadium part for one. Total BS.
    Cheap and built on the cheap. (Peddie's own words).
    Now its a great stadium .. yeah right.
    exactly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The term "great stadium" is subjective. Does it mean "great" as in designed? As in expensive? I doubt it.

Could it mean "great" in the sense of the atmosphere? Location? Possibly. Either way, it all depends on the eye of the beholder.

She ain't much, but she's ours. And I would rather have BMO Field and all her cheapness but with the atmosphere she has rather than the beauty of RBNY Arena and their lack of crowds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather have BMO Field and all her cheapness but with the atmosphere she has rather than the beauty of RBNY Arena and their lack of crowds.
    if the same stadium as RBNY Arena were built in TO it would still have a great atmosphere and would still have full seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody is "BS"ing you. They are putting info out there for people who want to be informed and those that don't want to be informed can ignore it.

"See it for what it is" is the classic statement of the paranoid and the conspiracy theorist. There is no evidence that this is anything more than information that is regularly released by any entity of this kind, especially when it's a partnership with a public institution like the City of Toronto.
    I get the numbers and the information part of it.
    What I am saying is they do this a lot. Giving us biz info all the while letting the product falter. Once or twice, sure fine. but they have been doing this for years and no one catches this. It's like saying 'look over here', while steering you away from the problems. Look, it worked for you. you are all happy and supportive of the big company now that these numbers came out - at least not as critical.
    Fuck that I say. I am sick and tired of the numbers. I get it. You make money MLSE. Give me the cake, I don't care about the icing!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the same stadium as RBNY Arena were built in TO it would still have a great atmosphere and would still have full seats.
    Fucken right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder about that... I would think that the 'cache' of a high-tec stadium would attract more suits which in turn would drive the price of tickets up even more and of course leave the real supporters out in the cold. I like that we have a somewhat drab bush-league stadium for this reason... a stadium for the people not the corporations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boban, you should really talk to someone about your anger issues. Has to be adversely affecting your health.