Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dream is coming through and this Winter thing is so ironic Winter to the rescue in Canada changing the system, hey I hope he does not bring the Dutch weather.
    Having been close to the Dutch team I always maintained that this was the way to go,these coaches are dynamite and very inspiring.Soolsma also happens to be from my home town,the Hague,the last city liberated by the Red Patch boys and yes I was there.
    I spoke briefly with both Aron and Bob,Aron remembered me from 1994 when they played against Canada at Varsity.I was asked by the CSA to look after the Dutch team.
    They said exactly what I hoped they would and that Dutch thing was again very obvious.I must say that their English is very good even though we spoke Dutch.They handled themselves very well at the media conference.In fact this whole thing is still surreal.
    It is great for our Canadian kids. They will benefit big time,both in the style of soccer and the very technical content.
    It certainly is a blast to follow these Dutch guys all over the World and these magic names are doing exactly what they are expected to do all thanks to that Ajax system.We are also very lucky in Canada that we have many kids that play hockey and soccer and that fighting spirit from hockey will benefit them and Canada in the long run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that post^

Interesting stuff for sure. Let us know if you speak to them again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a point, the Dutch "Amateur" league is actually Semi-Professional.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looked up Nick on the Dutch web saw his Dutch interviews,his background and even some goals he scored.I am very impressed,this guy is Dutch all the way,very skillfull,agile and smart.Comes from a very small town Andyk.He turned down some lucrative contracts,deciding to come here instead.He is a very good one.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johntv View Post
    He turned down some lucrative contracts,deciding to come here instead.
    I highly doubt that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry... we signed him from a beer league? Sounds like he's grateful to be playing anywhere someone will pay him. Not very reassuring. But will reserve final judgment after seeing him play. Is a dutch amateur league that good? We'll see.

Edit: Sorry, I read a dutch amateur league is semi-pro. Probably close to USL stuff. I stand corrected in my understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

if Soolsma is the guy im thinking of, on the road trip i think he wore #39 , and has a wonderful touch. very nimble on the ball it appears, with some speed. seems to be playing mid left mostly. he coughed it up dangerously against partizan with a weak back pass, but looked spirited since then. Against red star he showed some stellar touches, with one killer move he seems to like.

check out the highlites on torontofc tv online if thats the guy.

he's certainly better than some turds we've had on this team before him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i think thats the other guy - forward javier martina?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

P-Nutz what were your thoughts of the team in Turkey?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys Dutch players are all well groomed, they watched these masters for a long while and they learned about the systems, the skill and they played it week in and week out.It's funny that Soolsma turned these offers down since they are not allowed to drink the good stuff and also took ecxception to these very white dresses (skirts)these guys wore and also had some reservations about the Islamic nature of Quatar.I have no doubt that they will succeed as any other Dutch player in any league not to mention they all excelled.We in Canada have never been exposed to these type of players since the preceeding management feared that Dutch thing.The management also ,not being soccer fans had no idea about that very little country and small population.Those that knew Mo that is feared these guys for some crazy reason. Klinseman knew better and ,he knew about that training system the glaring results and that technical devotion these guys have.Being as Dutch as you can get I am still objective enough to know what it takes.Yes I was around the who is who,from Advocaat,Cruyff,Koeman,van Basten,Rijkhard,my favourate Hiddink and friend and others who enlightened the world soccer scene.
    Aron is of that same mold and so is his assistant.magic stuff and ready to shine.
    Is it hype or facts that stare us in our face,take your pick and play it safe,time will tell and for me Dutch style soccer all the way,it works and entertains as well.The RPB going Dutch,hell why not they did it in 1945.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-23-2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: remove racist expression