My dream is coming through and this Winter thing is so ironic Winter to the rescue in Canada changing the system, hey I hope he does not bring the Dutch weather.
Having been close to the Dutch team I always maintained that this was the way to go,these coaches are dynamite and very inspiring.Soolsma also happens to be from my home town,the Hague,the last city liberated by the Red Patch boys and yes I was there.
I spoke briefly with both Aron and Bob,Aron remembered me from 1994 when they played against Canada at Varsity.I was asked by the CSA to look after the Dutch team.
They said exactly what I hoped they would and that Dutch thing was again very obvious.I must say that their English is very good even though we spoke Dutch.They handled themselves very well at the media conference.In fact this whole thing is still surreal.
It is great for our Canadian kids. They will benefit big time,both in the style of soccer and the very technical content.
It certainly is a blast to follow these Dutch guys all over the World and these magic names are doing exactly what they are expected to do all thanks to that Ajax system.We are also very lucky in Canada that we have many kids that play hockey and soccer and that fighting spirit from hockey will benefit them and Canada in the long run.