Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bas Ent interview

http://sport.fok.nl/nieuws/428670/1/...oronto-fc.html

Google Translate (takes too much time to translate it personally):

What about training camp together and like it?
    "I am currently still training camp in Belek, Turkey. Everything is fantastic here regularly. We are in a 5 star hotel with a lot of other European clubs and countries. From the national team from Luxembourg, to Terek Grozny from Ruud Gullit. It is everything done to the players and staff in the spoil. "

There were many similarities with the Dutch way of approach?
    "The approach is similar to the approach I am used to. That's because Toronto FC Aron Winter and Bob Klerck the two Dutch coaches have. Yet there are a few differences. This is more emphasized the physical aspect . More and more drive strength exercises. Besides this training camp last sixteen days, one week where European clubs often go. "

What is the relationship with your teammates? Was the adjustment difficult?
    "I played last season in America, so the English language was already quite my own. I must say that the players are newcomers who are already well received. It feels like a group."

How is dealing with the staff?
    "Dealing with staff is good. As a Dutchman, you lucky that you can better communicate the fact that the Dutch are also trainers. In addition to Bob Arum and there are a handful of assistants along with different origins. I think they complement each other. "

Got something typically experienced in the Netherlands you have never seen it?
    "Something I really do not typically seen. The club resembles a European club. What I did notice is that the discipline here, mostly of the players is very good. In the Netherlands, do you ever use that one player is late or an incorrect setting. That will come in here! "

What does your future look like in Toronto?
    "With a coach change and a replacement of the entire technical staff, will I still maals to prove. July 2010 I was because earlier trial. I was also" verbally around. I hope these 16 days the technical staff continued to convinced of my ability. "

What is your ultimate goal in your active football career?
    "I am ambitious set and go for the highest. I must be realistic and know that I myself''in''will play. I hope, however, as long as possible in professional football to stay and enjoy what's left may come. "

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He got let go though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't necessarily mean he isn't going to be signed anyway...

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't care what he thinks. He's been passed over by TFC for the second time now, with a completely new management team in place. Next!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Don't care what he thinks. He's been passed over by TFC for the second time now, with a completely new management team in place. Next!
    Exactly....he's finished as far as TFC is concerned....I hope the new mgmt team has a DP in their sights and some depth at CB....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a great atmosphere for the team. I liked this quote:

Something I really do not typically seen. The club resembles a European club. What I did notice is that the discipline here, mostly of the players is very good.
    Also, its good to know that they are not merely cloning Dutch methods, but taking into account MLS' physicality.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That seems a little harsh, lol. I mean you're right to a certain extent, but it's interesting to note what he has to say about the club and training in general.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it interesting, though? It just sounds like more of the same platitudes we've heard from Gargan, Nana and Frei in the last few weeks. "New direction, great system, we're learning tons, lots of time on the ball, the facility is first class and we feel spoiled."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it interesting, though? It just sounds like more of the same platitudes we've heard from Gargan, Nana and Frei in the last few weeks. "New direction, great system, we're learning tons, lots of time on the ball, the facility is first class and we feel spoiled."
    Isn't it better than players getting sent home and De Guzman admitting that they don't really work on tactics like last year?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, when Preki first started, I heard alot of positives from training as well. DeGuzman didn't come out and talk shit until Preki left from what I remember.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Actually, when Preki first started, I heard alot of positives from training as well. DeGuzman didn't come out and talk shit until Preki left from what I remember.
    No, that quote was from either very early in the season or still pre-season. Probably getting his excuses in early

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good lord, four months ago you guys where dying to sign someone like Ent. Looks like the new Management Team also brought some arrogance along

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair the extent of Preki's tactics were whether to put de Guzman in a wall or not.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC The Hague View Post
    Good lord, four months ago you guys where dying to sign someone like Ent. Looks like the new Management Team also brought some arrogance along
    Who was dying to sign a PDL player?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's free to go to Columbus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC The Hague View Post
    or better players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    No, that quote was from either very early in the season or still pre-season. Probably getting his excuses in early
    Well, I just googled the shit out of the subject. Read the articles in Feb and March 2010 on Preki. All positive news. All talking about Preki's tactics and how well organized the team is. blah blah blah.

This is the first article I could find on Deguzman talking about Preki and it was once he was fired. The only other thing I remember happening before that was De Guzman getting benched for staying out late one night.
    http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/09/14/15353236.html

But regardless, the point I'm trying to make here is that so far, this pre-season is no different then any other. Everything is good, life is great. We don't really have a team, but that doesn't matter until we lose a few games and all hell breaks lose.

I'm just alot more careful about believing anybody is our saviour then I have been in past years. I don't believe a word anybody says in preseason because we've heard the same shit time and time again. I want to see us win games when this season starts. And signing some players before the season starts might be helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I just googled the shit out of the subject. Read the articles in Feb and March 2010 on Preki. All positive news. All talking about Preki's tactics and how well organized the team is. blah blah blah.

This is the first article I could find on Deguzman talking about Preki and it was once he was fired. The only other thing I remember happening before that was De Guzman getting benched for staying out late one night.

But regardless, the point I'm trying to make here is that so far, this pre-season is no different then any other. Everything is good, life is great. We don't really have a team, but that doesn't matter until we lose a few games and all hell breaks lose.

I'm just alot more careful about believing anybody is our saviour then I have been in past years. I don't believe a word anybody says in preseason because we've heard the same shit time and time again. I want to see us win games when this season starts. And signing some players before the season starts might be helpful.
    Page 4, couldn't find a link to the video where he said it sadly

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthre...tactics&page=4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe so. But it's a lot better than if he came out and said the whole set-up was trash.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a lot of cynicism from the Mo era. It's too early to jump up and down and praise Winter, I'd agree, but I see quite a difference in tactical awareness. Whether that is enough to make the team a winner, we'll have to see, but it is encouraging.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    There is a lot of cynicism from the Mo era. It's too early to jump up and down and praise Winter, I'd agree, but I see quite a difference in tactical awareness. Whether that is enough to make the team a winner, we'll have to see, but it is encouraging.
    Ok, so this is where I would challenge this statement. How do you see a difference in tactical awareness? We haven't seen the team play once. This is where I say people are swalling up everything that is thrown at them from MLSE. There's alot of talk, but until this team signs some players and wins some games in the MLS I don't see how anybody can be encouraged by anything outside of the reputation the coaches bring with them. That's all there is right now, reputation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've seen enough preseasons in MLS now to know you need to wait until the season starts to judge. i'm not getting my hopes up on Winter. Also, we don't know which of these trialists will be signed yet.
    I want Winter to succeed, but I'm trying not to project my hope on this team and avoid seeing what i want to see.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so this is where I would challenge this statement. How do you see a difference in tactical awareness? We haven't seen the team play once. This is where I say people are swalling up everything that is thrown at them from MLSE. There's alot of talk, but until this team signs some players and wins some games in the MLS I don't see how anybody can be encouraged by anything outside of the reputation the coaches bring with them. That's all there is right now, reputation.
    You mean like TFC fans going all crazy at the thoughts of 'total football' while in the real world the term and the style hasn't really been used since the 70's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree. The new regime seems far more organized in terms of trialists and the implementation of a tactical approach despite having little time to prepare for the upcoming season. I agree that we won't know what this team will be made of until the season starts but last year in particular was a complete circus in terms of our pre-season roster. There's no comparison...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so this is where I would challenge this statement. How do you see a difference in tactical awareness? We haven't seen the team play once.
    The clips are enough for me to see some of that (as a former youth coach, I notice certain things in positioning and passing, believe me the clips are enough for that), but I've been saying all along that until we see the team in Charleston, it's too early to really judge. It's certainly too early to know if the team will be a winner. So we're not really that far apart in our views. Maybe you're an "8" on the cynicism scale, and I'm a "6."
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-10-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Pachuco
    http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/con...atid=2&id=1668

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer...-culture-shock

both of these are Deguzman talking about tactics, the bottom one is the quote most people refer to in this, early in the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont believe anything anymore from anyone for any reason.

i wont believe in anything until we make the playoffs.

btw, regarding earlier posts, Total football is what the dutch used to beat brazil last world cup. and until the injury bug killed our team last year, preki had tfc being one of the tougher teams to play and tight defensively like never before with a real chance at making the playoffs.

that WAS worth something imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    He got let go though.
    He was released from the training in Turkey. That doesnt mean he hasnt made the team though. He may have been signed, and was told to go home and start making arrangements. The next few weeks are going to be very interesting, seeing our team come together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I disagree. The new regime seems far more organized in terms of trialists and the implementation of a tactical approach despite having little time to prepare for the upcoming season. I agree that we won't know what this team will be made of until the season starts but last year in particular was a complete circus in terms of our pre-season roster. There's no comparison...
    I'm not sure how a whole whack of new trialists is any different from any previous years. Let's see, so far we've released a bunch of players who were on last year's roster. We've brought in a whole bunch of trialists (some who have already gone home) and we haven't signed anyone. Sure looks like every other year to me as far as trialists are concerned.

Now, from an implementation of tactical approach perspective, what exactly is different here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how a whole whack of new trialists is any different from any previous years. Let's see, so far we've released a bunch of players who were on last year's roster. We've brought in a whole bunch of trialists (some who have already gone home) and we haven't signed anyone. Sure looks like every other year to me as far as trialists are concerned.

Now, from an implementation of tactical approach perspective, what exactly is different here?
    As far as trialists, the major difference is timing. Last year, management was still scrambling to fill out the roster 2-3 weeks into the regular season! I am confident that the roster will be solidified well before opening day this time around.

In regards to the emphasis on technical and tactical training this year, I'm basing my opinion on interviews with all of the incumbent TFC players who have clearly stated that Winter's approach is different than past years and a refreshing change as well.