RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Release teh Gargan. . . . put the SSG backinto the cave. . . .
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coed girls 1 and 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoilett: Do you guys think it comes down to contract requirements/bonuses or an English foreign player work permit that are keeping Hoilett from accepting a call up to play versus a reputable team like Greece?

You would think that playing versus a tough team like Greece would make you into a better player. Even if you're team gets completely destroyed, it would act as a motivator. Right? Not to forget that other teams would be watching.

Hirschfeld: Blah! Did Daniel Fernandez turn us down a second time? C'mon Hart why don't you work that fucking angle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always wonder how Greece is 10th in the world in the rankings? They get blown out of the water at every world cup. They sure know how to qualify though.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoilett has to mas make a decision by WCQ. He'll have his spot assured on Blackburn by then and to turn us down again would be a very bad sign.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think Hoilett doesn't want to play for Canada.. Has Jamaica called on him yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Hoilett: Do you guys think it comes down to contract requirements/bonuses or an English foreign player work permit that are keeping Hoilett from accepting a call up to play versus a reputable team like Greece?

You would think that playing versus a tough team like Greece would make you into a better player. Even if you're team gets completely destroyed, it would act as a motivator. Right? Not to forget that other teams would be watching.

Hirschfeld: Blah! Did Daniel Fernandez turn us down a second time? C'mon Hart why don't you work that fucking angle.
    Daniel Fernandez isn't a fucking Canadian and hasn't been since 2006. Read his god damn wikipedia profile, accepted youth callups like Begovic and Bunbury.

The treacherous douche jumped ship to Portugal at the first opportunity.

And we took Lars likely as a second keeper as we have proud Serbian-Canadian Milan Borjan who had the opportunity (and had been issued call-ups before) to play for Serbia and turned them down, opting to play for the country that took care of him and his family when they were refugees from the Balkan Wars.
    Last edited by TFCRegina; 02-04-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brampton is such a hotbed of soccer athletes...we really should examine what's in the water!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Brampton is such a hotbed of soccer athletes...we really should examine what's in the water!
    Areas which are largely immigrant populations are the strongest. That's why Scarborough is also strong.

Areas like Brockville (very low immigrant population) are the weakest. Their "rep" soccer teams are weaker than most GTA house league teams, sorry to say. Baseball anyone?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Areas which are largely immigrant populations are the strongest. That's why Scarborough is also strong.

Areas like Brockville (very low immigrant population) are the weakest. Their "rep" soccer teams are weaker than most GTA house league teams, sorry to say. Baseball anyone?

scarborough was strong when the immigrants came from soccer playing countries from the 60-90's, not so much anymore.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the work permits thing is an interesting question. Is Hoillett qualified in any way at all to play for england? if not, how exactly is he playing over there, don't they have requirements for getting a permit, a certain percentage of national games played.

It's always been positioned as wanting to concentrate on breaking through at blackburn, and i can see how he'd want to keep them sweet while he's not established. Missing friendlies, that's one thing, I can see why a club wouldn't want him travelling across the atlantic to play for Canada in friendlies, but why would they have a problem with him travelling to greece?

Hopefully Blackburn is fine with him playing in the off season at the gold cup, and hopefully he picks Canada. then when wcq's start up, he needs to come and play whether they like it or not.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Thanks...it was more rhetorical. Having grown up in very ethnic neighbourhoods, I am actually quite familiar with how popular soccer is in these areas, Brampton being one of them since I went to high school in Brampton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    the work permits thing is an interesting question. Is Hoillett qualified in any way at all to play for england? if not, how exactly is he playing over there, don't they have requirements for getting a permit, a certain percentage of national games played.

It's always been positioned as wanting to concentrate on breaking through at blackburn, and i can see how he'd want to keep them sweet while he's not established. Missing friendlies, that's one thing, I can see why a club wouldn't want him travelling across the atlantic to play for Canada in friendlies, but why would they have a problem with him travelling to greece?

Hopefully Blackburn is fine with him playing in the off season at the gold cup, and hopefully he picks Canada. then when wcq's start up, he needs to come and play whether they like it or not.
    Hoilett is not eligible to play for England until after World Cup 2014.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cann added to CMNT roster for Greece match.....

http://canadasoccer.com/news/viewArt...?Press_ID=4651
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Daniel Fernandez isn't a fucking Canadian and hasn't been since 2006. Read his god damn wikipedia profile, accepted youth callups like Begovic and Bunbury.

The treacherous douche jumped ship to Portugal at the first opportunity.

And we took Lars likely as a second keeper as we have proud Serbian-Canadian Milan Borjan who had the opportunity (and had been issued call-ups before) to play for Serbia and turned them down, opting to play for the country that took care of him and his family when they were refugees from the Balkan Wars.
    Hmmm. I remember Fernandez somewhat differently. He was toiling at smaller clubs and the Nats had no interest. They blew it. Anyone remember who it was on the Voyageurs board a few years back pining for a Fernandez callup when he was in the Portugese second division or third division, or whatever it was? Might have been Nolando.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

Thanks...it was more rhetorical. Having grown up in very ethnic neighbourhoods, I am actually quite familiar with how popular soccer is in these areas, Brampton being one of them since I went to high school in Brampton.
    This explains many, many things........
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post

Borjan is already a favourite of mine because of this. I hope he pans out as an example for other players.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carolina Morace to pack it in as Canadian Womens National Team Coach.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26431

Damn!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just moved from Brampton to Cambridge, Good players in Brampton despite the poor coaching. Been impresed with Waterloo area and southwest so far.

Wicked players on the way up U9 through U11

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    maybe it's something to do with the commonwealth as a catch 22? just guessing i have no idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year Guelph BU12 B rep team beat Waterloo and Cambridge very easily despite our bad coaching

Will see how my sons team will do next summer. Few player changes,new coach and my son is not going to play defense and that should cut down on goals against

Quote Originally Posted by babone View Post
    I just moved from Brampton to Cambridge, Good players in Brampton despite the poor coaching. Been impresed with Waterloo area and southwest so far.

Wicked players on the way up U9 through U11

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by babone View Post
    I just moved from Brampton to Cambridge
    Cambridge is nice to look at, when travelling on VIA Train.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)