0 Thread(s)

prob was content in his position

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Glad Jimmy and Earl are sticking around
    Why? So one can hold Winters office door open while the other keeps the breeze from blowing papers off his desk?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh well time to move on, I wanted change and am comfortable that the right choice was made for the long term. If he goes to the whitecraps good for him.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Very tough to move from coach to assistant at the same club. Probably for the best.
    Surely he didn't think he would get the job?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post

Jimmy should go and work with the academy (Dichio too). Learn their trade there. Earl can go back to number crunching or whatever it was he did prior to the interim GM job.
    ... but... but... but... who will get the coffee?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    Well, he had a decent chance until WinterMariner showed up, which was only 4 weeks ago.

But when de Klerk came too, that meant not only was Daso not the coach, he wouldn't be a meaningful assistant either.

It's too hard on anyone's ego and relationships to fall that far, in any organization.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could care less actually, i never did understand the hype

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimmy is staying but not in an office role. He will be coaching one of the academy teams. I believe it will be a newly formed u17 squad.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Manager View Post
    Jimmy is staying but not in an office role. He will be coaching one of the academy teams. I believe it will be a newly formed u17 squad.
    He\s better suited to that, and maybe scouting.

It was our incompetent former GM who thought that a soccer player would be great in a desk job.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPBLondon View Post
    i could care less actually, i never did understand the hype
    It's because he was canadian and The fans wanted him. The fans wanted cummins ...fail
    Daso... Fail
    JDG... Fail (so far) and even if he does work out he is a waste of a dp IMO and was definately not what TFC needed when the fans were crying for him
    Hopefully FO notices the trends too and walks a fine line between doing whats right and giving the fans what they want. Because lets face it. We don't have the greatest track record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as Daso goes, I don't see him being the tactical/technical coach that he thinks he is. I respect that he wants to be the top guy, but he needs to win something somewhere and be consistent, prove himself. I hope he chases a gig in the USL/NASL for a couple of years because he's got something to offer. I saw it with the Olympic team, and I saw it while he was interim. But I don't think he's ready yet.

However, I think he lands in Montreal, he's good friends with Nick De Santis. In Vancouver, he'd be too far down in the hierarchy for his own liking, which is why he's left TFC.

Brennan & Dichio will be the faces of TFCA. It's the "Ajax" way.

When TFCA goes recruiting, it will be Brennan & Dichio knocking on the player's door, closing the deal. Think about it, they make a statement when recruiting. They played in the UK, they played with TFC, and they are now coaching in the academy, now here they are recruiting a 13 year old who is undecided because his club coach is in his head to stay local, "don't go to the pro club".

Now, if Cochrane and Neely show up to close the deal, I think the local club coach stands a chance.

Personally I think TFC will make a play for most Canadian TFC alumni to be a part of TFCA in some capacity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Manager View Post
    Wow under 17...I'm impressed, this team is really working hard to develop a great youth program all the way down to U-7 teams. Also a better position for Brennan I have no Idea why he was ever given an office job-except to maybe play Fifa Manager with Mo as a form of scouting...siming 5 season ahead to find Usanov and Mista's potential overall attributes. This guys a leader and inspiration to young Canadian's trying to make it I think this role and even age group is a way better suit for him.
    Last edited by TFC14; 01-29-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
    As far as Daso goes, I don't see him being the tactical/technical coach that he thinks he is. I respect that he wants to be the top guy, but he needs to win something somewhere and be consistent, prove himself. I hope he chases a gig in the USL/NASL for a couple of years because he's got something to offer. I saw it with the Olympic team, and I saw it while he was interim. But I don't think he's ready yet.

However, I think he lands in Montreal, he's good friends with Nick De Santis. In Vancouver, he'd be too far down in the hierarchy for his own liking, which is why he's left TFC.

When TFCA goes recruiting, it will be Brennan & Dichio knocking on the player's door, closing the deal. Think about it, they make a statement when recruiting. They played in the UK, they played with TFC, and they are now coaching in the academy, now here they are recruiting a 13 year old who is undecided because his club coach is in his head to stay local, "don't go to the pro club".

Now, if Cochrane and Neely show up to close the deal, I think the local club coach stands a chance.

Personally I think TFC will make a play for most Canadian TFC alumni to be a part of TFCA in some capacity.
    That's the way to build history with your franchise...keep the home-town kids employed, it says a lot about your franchise when you take care of your own and keep them in the fold...Also as a fan I love to see Dichio's big bald head on the field whenever I can still. I personally love that TFC is going in this direction this early in their history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post

Great post. I agree wholeheartedly with that philosophy in managing the Academy system...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post

I think he thought so. Based on his track record, that is a little shocking.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s2cazz View Post
    I can't believe people are sad to see the guy go. I'm not happy to see him go but I'm definately not sad. TBH we shouldn't be sad to see anyone ever go from this club yet because the club hasn't achieved anything therefore no one has helped the club achieve anything.

Thats just my $0.02 worth. Good luck to the guy though. No hard feelings.
    agreed but he really didnt have much of a chance to make things happen and i think he could have
    but onward and upward
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan Dunleavy of the Fan 590 confirms from his sources that Nick Dasovic is leaving TFC:

http://www.fan590.com/

Dan Dunleavy's twitter:

http://twitter.com/DPDPXP
    Last edited by moralis; 01-30-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    don't think it'll make that big of a difference really. best of luck to him.

given how much anselmi talked about investing in Dasovic and others, the fact that he was allowed to leave, rather than winter being forced to give him a good enough position for him to stay is a good sign that winter and mariner have control over that sort of thing.
    Agreed. You can't sit between two stools on this - either you go for the sexy 4-3-3 and commit to the team in charge of that whole-heartedly, or you to stick to ANselmi's somewhat ridiculous "we're grooming these guys into great future TFC coaches, because if you keep them here long enough in senior positions then it's bound to work eventually" philosophy.

Glad to see that shexy fooshball has won the day!
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed