Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to the CWNT. Great to bounce back with a big win over Sweden.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INSIDE THE MLS: STEVEN BEATTIE (of TFC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol De Vos.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umbro should kick off real change for Canadian soccer

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/comm...anadian-soccer
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is topic #1 EVERYtime I visit L&M Taylor (my soccer shop). . . FINALLY some movement. . Chevrons? umm. . . . . I dont like them, too Mancky. . . . . . but. its progress.

Umbro was unveiled as a major new sponsor for the Canadian Soccer Association's Men's National Team last night in Toronto
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^^^UGLY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a big fan of the red jersey. A single white chevron would've been better. The white one is slightly better. Overall not really impressed.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christine Sinclair scored a great goal against Sweden yesterday for the CWNT:

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d

sweet goal by sinclair
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    This is topic #1 EVERYtime I visit L&M Taylor (my soccer shop). . . FINALLY some movement. . Chevrons? umm. . . . . I dont like them, too Mancky. . . . . . but. its progress.

Umbro was unveiled as a major new sponsor for the Canadian Soccer Association's Men's National Team last night in Toronto
    fook we cant even get the uni's right
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CSA logo is a disaster.
    The umbro logo stands out more than the CSA ink splash.

Safe to say I'll continue to wear my adidas red.

CSA had one option for kit sponsorship; umbro had no compettition, and it shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Mornin'

SUNSHINE
    No tattoos, how refreshing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
    No tattoos, how refreshing.
    Tell me about it.
    It's tough today to find a girl without tats.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CSA logo is a disaster.
    The umbro logo stands out more than the CSA ink splash.

Safe to say I'll continue to wear my adidas red.

CSA had one option for kit sponsorship; umbro had no compettition, and it shows.
    Are we saying that because there was no competition they purposely designed the kit lazily, shabbily? Nonsense. The design is different and although not everyone's cup of tea but it should be said that that same kit that you are going to wear instead was lambasted when IT was unveiled.

It seems to me unless the design is anything but simple and plain there will be overwhelming complaining over it
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    It seems to me unless the design is anything but simple and plain there will be overwhelming complaining over it
    Although I personally prefer a simple design when it comes to jerseys, you know people would have complained if it was just the team colour and the Umbro crest and the Canada crest.

People want something different and that is what they got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we saying that because there was no competition they purposely designed the kit lazily, shabbily? Nonsense.
    Not exactly.
    umbro did nothing unique for the CSA. CSA selected a style from the samples of existing umbro designs in CSA colours. CSA didn't speck design options, just colours.

The design is different and although not everyone's cup of tea but it should be said that that same kit that you are going to wear instead was lambasted when IT was unveiled.
    In your view, the design is different.
    In my view the design is rather common - nothing new, not very creative, dated!

What's presented, again my opinion, lacks imagination.

And I agree about the adidas shirt, it also lacked imagination (much like the folks at the CSA), but the shirt was a gift.

Why couldn't the CSA take a page from TFC's book (TFC competition to design the 3rd kit), Pretty sure the CSA would have been overwhelmed with responses and options.

Too bad CSA doesn't have any visionaries.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Training Camp starts today!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...could-save-mls

This is laughable. Another idiot who thinks he has the answer to make MLS a success.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Sullivan's point was about the CSA logo treatment is valid feedback. Regardless of whether you like or hate the chevrons I think most people will agree the CSA logo treatment is bad. Its almost funny when you see that the Umbro logo has been properaly adapted with a solid internal background, making in more obvious that little effort was put into the application of the CSA logo.

I've worked in marketing for 20 years and there's absolutely no way I would let a logo for a brand that I manage be applied or used in this way. The logo should be placed in front of a solid, single color background without any lines runnning through it.

One advantage of the design is that federation logo's aren't allowed on kits in Olympic competition so the the chevrons create some team identity outside of the logo for that competition.

The logo could be fixed really easily, simply applying the logo mounted on a a circular crest with solid black/white/red backround instead of embroidery stiching the logo directly on the jersey.

I hated the chevrons at first but upon further review I think they are probably going to be seen a pretty cool over the next few years. They just need to tweek the logo and all will be cool.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why couldn't the CSA take a page from TFC's book (TFC competition to design the 3rd kit), Pretty sure the CSA would have been overwhelmed with responses and options.
    Agreed. This suggestion is far more constructive.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scooterTFC View Post
    I think Sullivan's point was about the CSA logo treatment is valid feedback. Regardless of whether you like or hate the chevrons I think most people will agree the CSA logo treatment is bad. Its almost funny when you see that the Umbro logo has been properaly adapted with a solid internal background, making in more obvious that little effort was put into the application of the CSA logo.

I've worked in marketing for 20 years and there's absolutely no way I would let a logo for a brand that I manage be applied or used in this way. The logo should be placed in front of a solid, single color background without any lines runnning through it.

One advantage of the design is that federation logo's aren't allowed on kits in Olympic competition so the the chevrons create some team identity outside of the logo for that competition.

The logo could be fixed really easily, simply applying the logo mounted on a a circular crest with solid black/white/red backround instead of embroidery stiching the logo directly on the jersey.

I hated the chevrons at first but upon further review I think they are probably going to be seen a pretty cool over the next few years. They just need to tweek the logo and all will be cool.
    Woah. Well said. Give the crest a background of its own and maybe a border around it and we're good to go for Gold Cup!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this is the best place for this but the CSA site has a photo of the new kit on their language select page. It looks better when actually being worn by someone.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awful kit. I have been wanting to buy a new Canada kit for some time, this new one has completely turned me off and I will opt out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Awful kit. I have been wanting to buy a new Canada kit for some time, this new one has completely turned me off and I will opt out.
    +1... Wanted to get one, will 100% never buy this one...

Sullivan is spot on. The CSA logo is lost, Umbro stands out...

These guys can't get anything right - except having Kara there, she's the best part of the unveiling...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that it seems like it's just an other reason to bitch at the CSA, but in truth, they give us reason to.

I have been wanting to buy the kit of the last several years for some time now and have not been able to find a single one. Even if the kit was on it's way out, why would the CSA pass on generating revenue from it in the meantime until the new kit comes out? That is just bad business.

I knew there was going to be a new kit coming out so I thought "Hey, if I can't buy the old one I will get a new one" and low and behold it's one of the ugliest kits Canada has ever donned. No thanks. I will wear my TFC red to the national games.

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tictoc View Post
    Not sure if this is the best place for this but the CSA site has a photo of the new kit on their language select page. It looks better when actually being worn by someone.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/
    They do look better when being worn by someone... but they're still ugly. I think the white one will grow on me, but the red is just.. ugh. I had been looking forward to getting a jersey, but now it seems I'll just stick to my scarves and t-shirts.

Oh well, at least the pre-season has *finally* begun. No more TFC withdrawl .

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I found the Canada jersey easy to find in Toronto.
    Even though I own one, I wasn't a huge fan of the adidas jersey either. The white one was okay.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    I found the Canada jersey easy to find in Toronto.
    Even though I own one, I wasn't a huge fan of the adidas jersey either. The white one was okay.

Really? Where. I went online. I went to stores. The only ones I ever found were junior sizes. They definitely didn't have them at the national team games.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

adidas store at yonge and dundas always seemed to have them in? Not sure about last few months, how long have you been looking?