Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I hear quotes from Winter and Mariner I'm happy at least the message from that part of the organization sounds professional. I feel that will translate into a much more professionally run club overall.

When I read from Winter speaking on later round MLS Draft picks saying "Past experience tells me that they can be anything they want,” Mariner said. “They are coming into a situation where they will have world-class coaching and will have a clean slate. It’s up to them." Or Winter on DeRo "My preference is for Dwayne to start the season with Toronto FC right from training camp. "We are making a fresh start and need a strong competitive camp. Dwayne is the captain and leader and needs to be part of building a new winning culture."

They way these guys speak shows higher level of understanding and approach to the game than we've heard from our management in the past. I'm feeling a sense of ease with this new management. I'm still in the cautious optimism group because of the clubs past history. (we haven't done anything yet) It's just refreshing to hear our club's management sound like pros in the game.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THis group DO look like they are taking things forward.
    4 years is not a long time
    certainly not long enough to expect any kind of results.
    even in this leage. . . .with the restrictions we all know about.

Cant wait to get to BMO
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

on the TFC website, Winter is quoted saying: "Celtic inquired about the possibility of extending Dwayne's time with them"

in the Star - "Later in the day, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment COO Tom Anselmi disputed reports that Celtic had made a play for De Rosario"

Why is Anselmi publicly contradicting his new hire? Why is he even talking about this?

This is not the way to get off on the right foot with the new management team.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    on the TFC website, Winter is quoted saying: "Celtic inquired about the possibility of extending Dwayne's time with them"

in the Star - "Later in the day, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment COO Tom Anselmi disputed reports that Celtic had made a play for De Rosario"

Why is Anselmi publicly contradicting his new hire? Why is he even talking about this?

This is not the way to get off on the right foot with the new management team.
    A "play" probably means to Anselmi not a loan, but a bid to purchase Duane, so it's not contradictory at all.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omphroy's tweet:

@raaychelle more than excited to go to Toronto. I can't wait to play in that kind of atmosphere. Proud to part of the reds.

http://twitter.com/MeatyTwit
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    A "play" probably means to Anselmi not a loan, but a bid to purchase Duane, so it's not contradictory at all.
    LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSG tattoo is going to look really "lush" when she is about 40 and dropped a couple of babies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    WTF is that on her front body. I mean she's friggin 19 and already painted to shit. Do these kids even know what the fuck they are doing?!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom anselmi should honestly just shut up / i mean seriously ..

he loves to get his mug front and centre for everything ..ever notice that ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Duane.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't recall a TFC draft pick being this outspoken about his excitement to come to Toronto. I'm really pulling for this kid!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SSG - again, not bad, shame about the tats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboveandbeyond View Post
    Tom anselmi should honestly just shut up / i mean seriously ..

he loves to get his mug front and centre for everything ..ever notice that ?

So imagine what he's doing behind the scenes. Still, Mariner and Winter have enough experience to stop this kind of thing right away. Well, let's hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really though, tell Tom to go back to looking at the balance sheet ....

Nobody wants to hear quotes from you buddy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Really though, tell Tom to go back to looking at the balance sheet ....

Nobody wants to hear quotes from you buddy!
    Then why do reporters keep asking him questions?
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Then why do reporters keep asking him questions?
    Because they know he'll say something he probably shouldn't and that could become a story?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Because they know he'll say something he probably shouldn't and that could become a story?
    100% correct...

If people truly didn't want to hear from him, they wouldn't comment or care when he does comment...

The more stink people make when someone is quoted, the more they will be quoted, over and over and over...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    100% correct...

If people truly didn't want to hear from him, they wouldn't comment or care when he does comment...

The more stink people make when someone is quoted, the more they will be quoted, over and over and over...

People care what he says when he's contradicting the guy who's supposed to be running the team. It's not just that he comments, it's specifically what he says.

If he had said, "I don't know the details of the DeRo situation, that's being handled by Mariner and Winter," it wouldn't be a story. But because there is a history of meddling from these guys, his giving a different story of the events is something to be reported.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    People care what he says when he's contradicting the guy who's supposed to be running the team. It's not just that he comments, it's specifically what he says.

If he had said, "I don't know the details of the DeRo situation, that's being handled by Mariner and Winter," it wouldn't be a story. But because there is a history of meddling from these guys, his giving a different story of the events is something to be reported.
    As Oldtimer and I already mentioned, Anselmi hasn't contradicted anything Winter said. Celtic didn't offer DeRo a contract or try to negotiate a transfer fee, therefore they didn't "make a play" for him.

I do agree that Anselmi shouldn't comment on these matters anymore as to avoid this type of misintepretation and potential controversy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Following this team can be like taking an advanced semantics course. I don't want to go back and study any more deconstructionists .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    As Oldtimer and I already mentioned, Anselmi hasn't contradicted anything Winter said. Celtic didn't offer DeRo a contract or try to negotiate a transfer fee, therefore they didn't "make a play" for him.

I do agree that Anselmi shouldn't comment on these matters anymore as to avoid this type of misintepretation and potential controversy...
    You guys are stating this like it's a fact. It's one interpretation, and come on, it's pretty unlikely. He "disagreed" with what the reports said. The reports quoted Winter.

My interpretation is that Anselmi disagrees with the strategy worked out by Winter, which was to stroke Dero a bit by giving Dero the public acknowledgemnt that he was good enough for Celtic, because Anselmi thought this would cause more trouble and/or cost more money. It also may have become personal, not sure.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-15-2011 at 12:39 PM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's going to be very long before we find out some of the former staff have been marginalized.

Leo is already gone, the writing should be on the wall for some of the others. Problem is (like a lot of Canadian Soccer) there's nowhere else to go!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my question is, why does it matter what anselmi thinks? hes not running the team
    also isnt he leaving?
    i fail to see what impact outside of looking like an asshole, this has

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You guys are stating this like it's a fact. It's one interpretation, and come on, it's pretty unlikely. He "disagreed" with what the reports said. The reports quoted Winter.

My interpretation is that Anselmi disagrees with the strategy worked out by Winter, which was to stroke Dero a bit by giving Dero the public acknowledgemnt that he was good enough for Celtic, because Anselmi thought this would cause more trouble and/or cost more money. It also may have become personal, not sure.
    I understand your rationale, but I highly doubt that Tom Anselmi disagrees with Aron Winter's stance regarding DeRo. He disagreed with reports that Celtic were interested in acquiring DeRo, not necessarily with Winter's specific comments that Celtic had interest in a loan arrangement. It is even more unlikely that Anselmi would intentionally contradict the man entrusted to guide this franchise after two weeks on the job. I give him more credit than that. The media is just looking to stir up a story by utilizing a play on words. I think we've had enough controversy to satisfy us for a while...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my interpretation of this is that Tom may not be the smoothest guy you could ever meet .. have u seen press conferences etc.. loves the glory ..

we have a FOwhich is suspect at best .. one loves the cam the other twit is super witty on twitter ..
    ego's run free at mlse ..
    there has to be a culture there that is so far yet to be a winning formula .
    ask JC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    my question is, why does it matter what anselmi thinks? hes not running the team
    also isnt he leaving?
    i fail to see what impact outside of looking like an asshole, this has
    As long as he's in a position to fire the manager what he thinks is important. It is good that Winter has been given a three year contract (is it three years guaranteed? How long is Mariner's contact?) but people have described the inner workings at MLSE as Machiavellian and it is probably run quite differently than Ajax (though it does seem similar to New England, so it's good Mariner is here).

And remember, all we're getting is what the reporters are getting. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes. Cautious optimism, cautious....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely cautious optimism but also a touch of realism, dude runs his mouth but i dont think hes going to purposely sabotage his own career and a chance for this team to become something great with his own name being attached to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    definitely cautious optimism but also a touch of realism, dude runs his mouth but i dont think hes going to purposely sabotage his own career and a chance for this team to become something great with his own name being attached to it
    yes in theory ..

but look what he has hitched his wagon to so far LOL..

cuma cuma cuma cumacuma cuma cameleon

they come and go