Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum, so we are now end of Wednesday in North America, beginning of Thursday in Europe.

Nothing, NADA, with respect to signings or trialists. What does this mean?

Same old story. And hence, the flury of draftees from the Combine and the Supplemental draft.

It is going to take the new "management" team far longer than some would have it. In short, it looks like TFC is rebuilding from within.

I hope I am partly wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Hum, so we are now end of Wednesday in North America, beginning of Thursday in Europe.

Same old story. And hence, the flury of draftees from the Combine and the Supplemental draft.

It is going to take the new "management" team far longer than some would have it. In short, it looks like TFC is rebuilding from within.

Relax. You don't sign players without a trial and some friendlies. It's foolish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is probably wheels in motion. Players have to report to Toronto next week - you'll then see the players who we signed. When they go to Turkey, you'll see who they are bringing in on trial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Relax. You don't sign players without a trial and some friendlies. It's foolish.
    That's the Mo Johnston way of doing things. Some guys will not trial (especially for a MLS club) you just have to do your homework beforehand. It's good to have them in camp if you can, but it's not aways possible.

That being said, I have full faith that the management team (in pace for all of ... 2 weeks now?) are getting around

Reina de la Carretera
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team is leaving for Turkey on the 26th or 27th...i am arriving in Turkey on the 31st. i will do my best to keep track of who is practicing with the team as well as highlights from the three games they are playing and post updates for ya all.
    RPB Road Warrior. Crew 5/26/07, Boston 6/23/07, Chi 7/7/07, NY 8/11/07, DC 9/29/07, LA 10/13/07, MLS Cup 11/18/07, C-Bus 3/25/08, DC 5/24/08, MTL 5/27/08, Chi 7/12/08, KC 9/20/08, KC Opener 3/21/09, C-Bus 3/28/09, DC March 5/9/09, Super Draft 2010, CCC 2010, MTL 5/12/10, Philly 7/17/10, Honduras 8/3/10, NY 8/11/10, Mexico 9/21/10, Turkey 01/29/11

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That's the Mo Johnston way of doing things. Some guys will not trial (especially for a MLS club) you just have to do your homework beforehand. It's good to have them in camp if you can, but it's not aways possible.

That being said, I have full faith that the management team (in pace for all of ... 2 weeks now?) are getting around
    Well Andy Welsh, was someone signed for $200,000 without trial and ended up returning to England after in some peoples opinion of not making the transition to the MLS. On the other hand don't know if anyone remembers Martin Brittain, who was never signed.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually it's the way most of the civilized world does things in football, Mo Johnston's behaviour correlating to a common behaviour is not an aberration. Or maybe it is, because MoJo rarely did things in any sane way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep still not worried, more excited than anything

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "Mo Johnston way" of doing things is to wait until March to start signing players.

This team will have a much greater start on the season.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post

Winter already said in an interview that they will have the European players that they are looking at with them in Turkey and then guys from the Americas they are trialling join them in Florida so I am not worried about things yet. Now if nobody shows up but our current roster in Turkey then I will start questioning it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, based on the information leaked previously, the trialists mentioned were Andrew Ornoch, Bas Ent, Evan Schwartz, and perhaps Marek Mintal. Other than that, there will be 8 prospects from the Superdraft/Supplemental draft vying for roster spots with the big club...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    So, based on the information leaked previously, the trialists mentioned were Andrew Ornoch, Bas Ent, Evan Schwartz, and perhaps Marek Mintal. Other than that, there will be 8 prospects from the Superdraft/Supplemental draft vying for roster spots with the big club...
    And David Monsalve.

Plus potential trialists out of contract in Europe. As Turkey is a part of Europe, whether Europe wants to admit it or not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And David Monsalve.

Plus potential trialists out of contract in Europe. As Turkey is a part of Europe, whether Europe wants to admit it or not.
    Well, actually... "10% (give or take) of Turkey is geographically in Europe, the rest in Asia." "Half of the city of Istanbul is in Asia, the other half in Europe, split down the middle by the Bosphorus."

Antalya, Turkey, where the TFC training camp, is definitely not (geographically) part of Europe... but pretty close, an easy trip, and a nicer climate to hang out in this part of the year, for anyone from Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Well, actually... "10% (give or take) of Turkey is geographically in Europe, the rest in Asia." "Half of the city of Istanbul is in Asia, the other half in Europe, split down the middle by the Bosphorus."

Antalya, Turkey, where the TFC training camp, is definitely not (geographically) part of Europe... but pretty close, an easy trip, and a nicer climate to hang out in this part of the year, for anyone from Europe.
    Depends on your definition of Europe. Antalya is considered part of Europe on basically all diplomatic definitions of what constitutes Europe, just as Caucasian countries like Azerbaijan and Armenia are.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone learn any info on where they are going to be in Florida and when? I am down there for just over a week in February but I think they may still be in Turkey at the time. If they are around the area I am in I may make a day trip out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preseason schedule as of January 20, 2011.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - PLAYERS REPORT TO CAMP
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 - TRAVEL TO ANTALYA, TURKEY
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 - MATCH V. PARTIZAN BELGRADE
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 - MATCH TBA
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 - MATCH V. DINAMO ZAGREB
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 - RETURN TO TORONTO
    Monday, February 21, 2011 - TRAVEL TO ORLANDO, FLORIDA
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 - MATCH (Disney Tournament) v. TBA
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 - MATCH (Disney Tournament) v. TBA
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - TRAVEL TO CHARLESTON, SC FROM ORLANDO
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 - MATCH (2011 Carolina Challenge Cup) V. CHICAGO FIRE, 5:00 P.M., CHARLESTON, SC
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 - MATCH (2011 Carolina Challenge Cup) V. CHARLESTON BATTERY, 7:15 P.M., CHARLESTON, SC
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 - MATCH (2011 Carolina Challenge Cup) V. D.C. UNITED, 5:00 P.M., CHARLESTON, SC
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 - RETURN TO TORONTO
    Last edited by dantdot; 01-20-2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Fixed camp date, added disney tourny

Reina de la Carretera
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC are staying and playing in Belek which is about 45km east from Antalya. Its also where all the German teams stayed and played a few weeks ago including Schalke.

The Turquoise Coast is definitely European influenced as its a major tourist hub.
    RPB Road Warrior. Crew 5/26/07, Boston 6/23/07, Chi 7/7/07, NY 8/11/07, DC 9/29/07, LA 10/13/07, MLS Cup 11/18/07, C-Bus 3/25/08, DC 5/24/08, MTL 5/27/08, Chi 7/12/08, KC 9/20/08, KC Opener 3/21/09, C-Bus 3/28/09, DC March 5/9/09, Super Draft 2010, CCC 2010, MTL 5/12/10, Philly 7/17/10, Honduras 8/3/10, NY 8/11/10, Mexico 9/21/10, Turkey 01/29/11

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    Preseason schedule as of January 20, 2011.

Wednesday, January 25, 2011 - PLAYERS REPORT TO CAMP
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 - TRAVEL TO ANTALYA, TURKEY
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 - MATCH V. PARTIZAN BELGRADE
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 - MATCH TBA
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 - MATCH V. DINAMO ZAGREB
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 - RETURN TO TORONTO
    Monday, February 21, 2011 - TRAVEL TO ORLANDO, FLORIDA
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - TRAVEL TO CHARLESTON, SC FROM ORLANDO
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 - MATCH (2011 Carolina Challenge Cup) V. CHICAGO FIRE, 5:00 P.M., CHARLESTON, SC
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 - MATCH (2011 Carolina Challenge Cup) V. CHARLESTON BATTERY, 7:15 P.M., CHARLESTON, SC
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 - MATCH (2011 Carolina Challenge Cup) V. D.C. UNITED, 5:00 P.M., CHARLESTON, SC
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 - RETURN TO TORONTO

And Wileman just tweeted:

Thanks for sched...I am in Orlando from Feb 12 - 21. Oh well, guess the kids will be allowed to go to DisneyWorld after all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pre-season schedule has been updated to show the players reporting to camp next Tuesday 25th, not Wednesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually it's the way most of the civilized world does things in football, Mo Johnston's behaviour correlating to a common behaviour is not an aberration. Or maybe it is, because MoJo rarely did things in any sane way.
    I definitely do not see that as being true.

When the scales are tipped in certain directions trials simply do not happen, regardless of where in the world you're playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely do not see that as being true.

When the scales are tipped in certain directions trials simply do not happen, regardless of where in the world you're playing.
    It's actually an apples-and-oranges, as there are two types of players available free: first teamers at career peak and non-first teamers looking to play more often.

The former generally does not trial. Ever.

The latter usually does, unless they have a stellar track record and their benching is obviously political.

So you're both right, and Mo is still an idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure if this guy is at camp or will be at camp for that matter but if they have signed him, i would happy to see they have a striker in place...

http://www.mls-rumors.net/14373/2011...to-toronto-fc/

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^
    Yohan could probably find some info on him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah his name has been mentioned here a couple times in several other threads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camilo Da Silva Sanvezzo also known as "Camilo", LOL. He had an unbelievable strike rate in Malta last year with 24 goals in 22 games. But, it was in the Maltese league so take that with a grain of salt. At the age of 22, he might have tremendous upside though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hodgkiss View Post
    not sure if this guy is at camp or will be at camp for that matter but if they have signed him, i would happy to see they have a striker in place...

http://www.mls-rumors.net/14373/2011...to-toronto-fc/
    http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...up-fenech-bids

24 goals in 22 games for his old Maltese team -- and he is 22 and appears to be injury free

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude might be able to pull 10 goals whihc would be worth it, prob for a decent price too. Id love to know how he did in Korea, which is a league of comparable talent, im guessing he was mostly used as a sub as it looks like he came mid season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    dude might be able to pull 10 goals whihc would be worth it, prob for a decent price too. Id love to know how he did in Korea, which is a league of comparable talent, im guessing he was mostly used as a sub as it looks like he came mid season
    Wiki shows 0 goals in 7 appearances. I'm not sure if he started or was a sub...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Wikipedia he joined the K-league in July. There season runs the same as MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sportsnet Soccer tweets:

Looking forward to chatting with #TFC players and coaches tomorrow. Wonder why Eddie Sidra is in town. Any connection?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_Sidra