Dear JDG2:

Please kindly fuck yourself.

Goodbye.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Maybe it's just the delivery, but it rubs me the wrong way.
    At least his brother came when he was still theoretically in his "prime" (even if it backfired horribly). But Canadian Judas has another thing coming, if he thinks he'll be welcomed with a parade and a blank cheque in his 30s.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol he was part of the team that spanked Spain…what a horrible decision he made not playing for canada haaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure anyone is saying he made a horrible decision, just that he is a sell-out piece of trash and he is not welcome here.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    lol he was part of the team that spanked Spain…what a horrible decision he made not playing for canada haaa
    Congrats to him - don't bother coming back to Canada, or come visit as the tourist you are. I believe national teams should be about more than going wherever you think you've got the "best shot" at the World Cup. Club play is about chasing trophies.

And making that decision, then saying you'd like to end your career with Toronto FC? Eat shit. The Netherlands is your nation - end your career there.
    Last edited by Shakes McQueen; 06-14-2014 at 12:55 AM.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    By the time he wants to retire here he'll be second rate.

JDG2 is all about JDG2. He's the opposite in character of the type of player that we are trying to get and build our team around, someone like Michael Bradley.

His slight of Canada will not easily be forgotten. He paved the way for a whole generation of players to declare for other nations, which is the biggest reason why Canada is not playing in the World Cup.
    I absolutely agree that I wouldn't want him here because of attitude, but I wouldn't say he paved the way for others to declare elsewhere, that's mostly on the CSA and their continued incompetence over the years. For me It wasn't about the fact he declared for Netherlands, I'm sure he does feel more Dutch than Canadian, but it was the declaration " if Canada did good I would choose them " which is the wrong attitude, he should have choose one side, and It wouldn't bother me if he choose Netherlands if it was an honest decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I blame the CSA not JDG2.

I'd buy his jersey if he came here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    For not paying him the kickback money he was demanding?
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you expand? I hear this a lot. What exactly did the CSA do in this instance?

They invited him probably a dozen times. They had his brother lobby to get him. Stephen Hart went to see him in Spain. They tried to figure out if he could reclaim his passport without losing his dutch one so he could remain an EU citizen.

Are you referring to Canada's low ranking? While they have done a terrible administrative and governance job in the past, I find it hard for a country with no league to be judged against the player production of other countries. Most countries have inept governing bodies but they have the volume and 4-5 domestic leagues to source from which covers it up.

He made a career choice. As a Canadian fan, I don't respect it. My family has 200 years on this rock and anyone who claims being Canadian doesn't mean anything and abuses it I take personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DigzTFC! View Post
    Can you expand? I hear this a lot. What exactly did the CSA do in this instance?

They invited him probably a dozen times. They had his brother lobby to get him. Stephen Hart went to see him in Spain. They tried to figure out if he could reclaim his passport without losing his dutch one so he could remain an EU citizen.

Are you referring to Canada's low ranking? While they have done a terrible administrative and governance job in the past, I find it hard for a country with no league to be judged against the player production of other countries. Most countries have inept governing bodies but they have the volume and 4-5 domestic leagues to source from which covers it up.

He made a career choice. As a Canadian fan, I don't respect it. My family has 200 years on this rock and anyone who claims being Canadian doesn't mean anything and abuses it I take personally.
    Well said.

Lack of pro clubs is hurting Canada big time! We either need our own domestic league or have every city in Canada have a team playing in MLS or NASL. Right now, we don't have much depth in our pool because there isn't many opportunities for Canadians to play professionally. I think with more professional soccer presence in Canada will put more pressure on CSA and amateur clubs to step up their game or risk losing their best young players to professional clubs without making money out of it.
    Last edited by TFC07; 06-14-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is he was born here, moved to Netherlands at 12 - learned and developed his game there - and chose to play for the country that supported him and the sport he was playing.

The guy has lived in the Netherlands (and playing there) longer than he lived (and wasn't playing) in Canada.

The comments on here are ridiculous. Jesus... It's like the guy killed your only child. Although, maybe hating someone that you don't even know is your baby.

All the guy is doing is representing the country that taught him a sport and raised/developed him with it. It would be more disrespectful for him to NOT play for the Dutch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    My understanding is he was born here, moved to Netherlands at 12 - learned and developed his game there - and chose to play for the country that supported him and the sport he was playing.

The guy has lived in the Netherlands (and playing there) longer than he lived (and wasn't playing) in Canada.

The comments on here are ridiculous. Jesus... It's like the guy killed your only child. Although, maybe hating someone that you don't even know is your baby.

All the guy is doing is representing the country that taught him a sport and raised/developed him with it. It would be more disrespectful for him to NOT play for the Dutch.
    Disrespectful? National teams are about playing for your home country, wherever that happens to be. He doesn't consider Canada his home country, despite continuing to be the home of the rest of his family, and his brother? Fine - but then you're every bit the Judas Canadians say you are, and you can keep nonsense about "wanting to finish my career with TFC" to yourself.

Why say you want to finish your career here, if it's clear you don't consider Canada your home? His brother went to Europe two years before him, yet clearly Julian didn't forget where his home country was.

Prodigious young Canadian players are almost always going to get plucked up by European academies at a young age - that doesn't make Canada any less their home country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Canada more than anything.
    I was sad when JDG2 chose Holland. There was that glimmer of hope when JDG said his brother was trying to get the paperwork done, but then we went into Honduras and lost 8-0.

My blame on the CSA isn't specific to the JDG2 case... In this certain situation there isn't really much they could do differently.

My blame on the CSA is based on how bush league they are, and thus I put my blame on them for the long list of fantastic players that have suited up for other countries. Up until TFC and the rest of the MLS teams began existing Canadian players had limited options if they wanted to pursue a career in soccer. The massive majority had to leave the country completely in order to have any hope of playing (it was either that or go get a real job).

Holland developed JDG2. I wish he played for Canada, but I don't hate him for his decision. I still follow his career and count him as one of my favourite players.

If he were to join TFC down the road he would be one of the most skilled players to ever wear the jersey. Even if he comes over 30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we really think one player (Jonathan DeGuzman) could have made a big difference in us qualifying for the World Cup, we should think quite differently. Canada is still a long way away from even being a threat to qualify for a World Cup. I find it funny people ripping on someone who was trained and built up in Holland, not in Canada.

The problem is that in his time, we (Canada) did not have the resources to challenge and build him up. Even now, do we have the resources to really offer a player of his ability to train at a high level?

Diddy,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spain developed Giovani dos Santos
    Brazil developed Diego Costa
    France developed Didier Drogba
    Spain developed Antoine Griezmann
    USA developed Andy Najar
    Switzerland developed Ivan Rakitic
    Spain developed Lionel Messi

funny how they were all able to play for country outside of development without the extra drama

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdiddy View Post
    If we really think one player (Jonathan DeGuzman) could have made a big difference in us qualifying for the World Cup, we should think quite differently. Canada is still a long way away from even being a threat to qualify for a World Cup. I find it funny people ripping on someone who was trained and built up in Holland, not in Canada.

The problem is that in his time, we (Canada) did not have the resources to challenge and build him up. Even now, do we have the resources to really offer a player of his ability to train at a high level?

Diddy,
    I would stay away from the voyageur forum. You've basically written off Canada in both future and past tense. Hope your team does well in the World Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    USA developed Andy Najar

funny how they were all able to play for country outside of development without the extra drama
    Nvm, mis-read.

Costa chose Spain.. right. But there was certainly drama regarding that move. All thru the Spain- Dutch match they were chanting "Diego Faggot"
    Last edited by Jpexxx; 06-14-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a positive note:

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/statu...24151243395073

@Howie_OT I've heard a decision from Hoilett could come soon, and it might be a positive one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Canada more than anything.
    I was sad when JDG2 chose Holland. There was that glimmer of hope when JDG said his brother was trying to get the paperwork done, but then we went into Honduras and lost 8-0.

My blame on the CSA isn't specific to the JDG2 case... In this certain situation there isn't really much they could do differently.

My blame on the CSA is based on how bush league they are, and thus I put my blame on them for the long list of fantastic players that have suited up for other countries. Up until TFC and the rest of the MLS teams began existing Canadian players had limited options if they wanted to pursue a career in soccer. The massive majority had to leave the country completely in order to have any hope of playing (it was either that or go get a real job).

Holland developed JDG2. I wish he played for Canada, but I don't hate him for his decision. I still follow his career and count him as one of my favourite players.

If he were to join TFC down the road he would be one of the most skilled players to ever wear the jersey. Even if he comes over 30.
    The CSA will continue to be small-time so long as our country has no success on the international stage. Our country will continue to have no success on the international stage, so long as our most naturally gifted players continue to opt to play for other countries. And as was already pointed out earlier - many national football associations are jokes, except they can wallpaper over that fact by simply having a wealth of talent to choose from.

And "Holland" didn't develop JDG2 - Feyenoord did. Being developed by a club's youth academy in no way puts you in personal "debt" to the country that club happens to reside in.

As far as the game of soccer is concerned, JDG2 is a traitor to this country. The idea that the "wants to finish his career with TFC", is laughable if true. Would probably expect the hero's welcome and everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    USA developed Andy Najar

Better example for USA should be Giuseppe Rossi which there was plenty of drama over. But unlike nations you listed, Canada isn't strong soccer nation. So losing our best players hurts us even more than those countries.

Just imagine if our best players decided to play for Canada instead somewhere else? We will probably be busy talking about how well Canada do in the world cup instead of having this discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    The CSA will continue to be small-time so long as our country has no success on the international stage. Our country will continue to have no success on the international stage, so long as our most naturally gifted players continue to opt to play for other countries. And as was already pointed out earlier - many national football associations are jokes, except they can wallpaper over that fact by simply having a wealth of talent to choose from.

And "Holland" didn't develop JDG2 - Feyenoord did. Being developed by a club's youth academy in no way puts you in personal "debt" to the country that club happens to reside in.

As far as the game of soccer is concerned, JDG2 is a traitor to this country. The idea that the "wants to finish his career with TFC", is laughable if true. Would probably expect the hero's welcome and everything.

The CSA has existed since 1912. Is a century really not enough time to build any kind of legitimate infrastructure in a first world country? There are more registered soccer players at the youth level in this country than there are hockey players. I don't really care about whether or not other counties soccer associations are well run or not. We have everything we need to be at the very least, a consistent threat to emerge from CONCACAF.

We have no excuse for how shit we have been, and blaming it on a handful of talented players who didn't jump at the chance to jump into a dark abyss of football hell. The lack of a proper pro league hurts, but that doesn't mean we have to have a shit development system.

Does Feyenoord not exist within the Dutch football philosophy? The Dutch system IS responsible for De Guzman's growth. He spent is formative years living there and being a part of their culture (both on the field growth and off the field growth... as a human). It's not about debt.

If I moved to Canada in my youth and decided that I love my new home and the opportunity it presented for me, I believe i'd have the right to throw a maple leaf on my chest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a positive note:

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/statu...24151243395073

@Howie_OT I've heard a decision from Hoilett could come soon, and it might be a positive one.
    I guess England has no interest in Hoilett so he's left with either playing for Canada or Jamaica. I wonder if he will play a role in upcoming friendly game in Toronto in September when Canada faces Jamaica.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CSA has existed since 1912. Is a century really not enough time to build any kind of legitimate infrastructure in a first world country? There are more registered soccer players at the youth level in this country than there are hockey players. I don't really care about whether or not other counties soccer associations are well run or not. We have everything we need to be at the very least, a consistent threat to emerge from CONCACAF.

We have no excuse for how shit we have been, and blaming it on a handful of talented players who didn't jump at the chance to jump into a dark abyss of football hell. The lack of a proper pro league hurts, but that doesn't mean we have to have a shit development system.

Does Feyenoord not exist within the Dutch football philosophy? The Dutch system IS responsible for De Guzman's growth. He spent is formative years living there and being a part of their culture (both on the field growth and off the field growth... as a human). It's not about debt.

If I moved to Canada in my youth and decided that I love my new home and the opportunity it presented for me, I believe i'd have the right to throw a maple leaf on my chest.
    Well said.

Im disappointed that JDG2 isn't playing for Canada, and I hope other talent choose Canada over other countries.

But until recently - we haven't had many places for our youth to grow and play... and even develop in a system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lack of a proper pro league hurts, but that doesn't mean we have to have a shit development system.
    Do you have any examples where a country has made the world cup without a domestic league? I agree partly in your sentiment but this is pretty dismissive of the largest issue in Canada. It's not the lack of clubs but the lack of professional standard clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have any examples where a country has made the world cup without a domestic league? I agree partly in your sentiment but this is pretty dismissive of the largest issue in Canada. It's not the lack of clubs but the lack of professional standard clubs.
    New Zealand doesn't have a pro league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Zealand last World Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Zealand last World Cup.
    Well played. Name another one. Just as an exercise of curiosity since you've pointed to an example of a world power without a domestic league hahaha
    Last edited by DigzTFC!; 06-14-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is expecting a Canadian to suit up for the CMNT equivalent to asking them to "jump into a dark abyss of football hell"? Is coming back occasionally to play in the Gold Cup, or WC qualifiers really that horrible?

JDG2 was scooped up by a professional team at a young age, and developed, after no doubt being noticed playing football as a kid in Mississauga - much like Leo Messi was. If those years "being a part of their culture" makes JDG2 identify primarily as a Dutch person, then so be it - don't talk about nonsense like "wanting to finish your career at TFC", as though you identify as a Canadian (despite, y'know, the rest of your family being Canadian).

This has nothing to do with what he has the "right" to do, since clearly FIFA gives him the right to play for the Netherlands. This is about how Canadians have the "right" to feel about it.

What I can't stand, is when these people identify with Canada WHEN IT SUITS THEM, but when it comes to offering the fruits of their talents in their prime, go off to chase glory with the Netherlands, or England, etc. When it comes to collecting one last fat paycheck? "Well gee willikers, I'd love to come finish my career in the T Dot!"

Go retire with Feyenoord.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    How is expecting a Canadian to suit up for the CMNT equivalent to asking them to "jump into a dark abyss of football hell"? Is coming back occasionally to play in the Gold Cup, or WC qualifiers really that horrible?

JDG2 was scooped up by a professional team at a young age, and developed, after no doubt being noticed playing football as a kid in Mississauga - much like Leo Messi was. If those years "being a part of their culture" makes JDG2 identify primarily as a Dutch person, then so be it - don't talk about nonsense like "wanting to finish your career at TFC", as though you identify as a Canadian (despite, y'know, the rest of your family being Canadian).

This has nothing to do with what he has the "right" to do, since clearly FIFA gives him the right to play for the Netherlands. This is about how Canadians have the "right" to feel about it.

What I can't stand, is when these people identify with Canada WHEN IT SUITS THEM, but when it comes to offering the fruits of their talents in their prime, go off to chase glory with the Netherlands, or England, etc. When it comes to collecting one last fat paycheck? "Well gee willikers, I'd love to come finish my career in the T Dot!"

Go retire with Feyenoord.
    the real hurt is when Canada welcomes new immigrants a chance for a better life , health care , education , welfare in many cases for their parents who made their way here and gave their children a safe haven , as we all did in some form or other and the 'children' turn their backs on the gift that this free country bestows and is constantly taken for granted......It is not about soccer. It IS about payback and ethics .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't blame JDG2 for choosing to play on a World Cup contending country. I would have zero respect for him if he did choose to play for this joke of a national team.

Blame the CSA for driving players away with their embarrassing existence.

The CSA serves no purpose in this country. They are an embarrassment to this great nation. They should be disbanded and a new governing body should be created. By whom? I have no idea. But as it stands right now this country will never be a serious contender on the world stage. Our children and our children's children have no hope in this sport unless they happen to make their way into the MLS system.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 06-14-2014 at 11:13 PM.