Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4-3-3 formation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 4-3-3 formation

Who fits and who doesn't from the current TFC roster?

They could also play the 4-2-3-1 with 2 wingers like the current dutch national team.

If you play with 2 defensive midfielders I see JDG with Sturgis. We need to address the 2 wing back positions, the 2 flanks, and year after year strikers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we still got a ton of players to come, im gonna wait til then, i wouldnt be surprised to see some of our current roster leave next season (ie peterson, Labrocca)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep saying this, like a broken record, Cronin would of been a player Aron Winter would of loved to have on his team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Yup but Preki had it in for Cronin from day One, since Sam was seen as a potential leader, and Preki hates those type of players since it always has to be about himself...just look how he ran Robbo out of town...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    I keep saying this, like a broken record, Cronin would of been a player Aron Winter would of loved to have on his team.
    *groan* so true. What an incredibly stupid short sighted move that was.

Players who fit the 4-3-3:

Lindsay, Gomez, JDG, and Santos for sure. Few other maybes in there, including Dero, Barrett (work rate would come in handy), and LaBrocca.

I think one of Cann and Attakora will be necessary but not both because neither is top level when it comes to distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    ^Yup but Preki had it in for Cronin from day One, since Sam was seen as a potential leader, and Preki hates those type of players since it always has to be about himself...just look how he ran Robbo out of town...
    I think it was more like Preki liked battering rams in the middle and Sam Cronin is closer to the Gilberto Silva "invisible wall" type.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 01-07-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cronin
    man, im still not convinced of it, he was awful on the wings and capable in the mid, nothing special, definitely better than what we had (ie the croat-argie) but still nothing to write home about

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    we still got a ton of players to come, im gonna wait til then, i wouldnt be surprised to see some of our current roster leave next season (ie peterson, Labrocca)
    Not sure how labrocca will fit it, but I think Peterson will suprise many. There was a noticible improvement in his play when Daso took over from Preki last year. I think this style will suit his game. Only time till tell...

Yes, its true.. I don't like you one lil bit and now you know for sure ;) DWI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cronin
    man, im still not convinced of it, he was awful on the wings and capable in the mid, nothing special, definitely better than what we had (ie the croat-argie) but still nothing to write home about
    Thank you!! I wish ppl on here would stop the man crush with Cronin and jump off his %&@# already

he wasnt that great for him to be missed that much

Also lets hold off on potential formations till we have a full squad and get an idea who will be on the field and who is riding the bench

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron95 View Post
    Thank you!! I wish ppl on here would stop the man crush with Cronin and jump off his %&@# already

he wasnt that great for him to be missed that much

Also lets hold off on potential formations till we have a full squad and get an idea who will be on the field and who is riding the bench
    Actually, people liked Cronin because of his attitude, consistency, hard work and effectiveness relative to his very cheap contract. Even I can appreciate that and I'm the guy that defends DeRo! The man was making 70k and was taking our corners and free kicks. He was filling in for DM whenever we needed. He even played defense when we were short. He was such a useful player. And we shipped him out for what? Players like that aren't difficult to find no, but ones that want to be here and at his price? Most definitely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Actually, people liked Cronin because of his attitude, consistency, hard work and effectiveness relative to his very cheap contract. Even I can appreciate that and I'm the guy that defends DeRo! The man was making 70k and was taking our corners and free kicks. He was filling in for DM whenever we needed. He even played defense when we were short. He was such a useful player. And we shipped him out for what? Players like that aren't difficult to find no, but ones that want to be here and at his price? Most definitely.
    Cmon man.... we can go in circles going back and forth comparing skill, attitude etc etc vs value.. and we would get nowhere.. direct you to Dero arguments over the past 2 months.

Did he come cheap, sure.. would he have continued his consistency here, debatable.

will ppl still ride his bandwagon if this season we find someone similar to him at an even cheaper price or around the same?

We need to stop living in the past and what could have been with certain players.. what good does that do anyways? we had buddle, casey, cunningham and the liost goes on. blah blah blah who gives a F.

New management team in place and i have reason to be excited... dont care who was here.. i wanna see who's coming.. pickin' up what im putting down?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron95 View Post
    We need to stop living in the past and what could have been with certain players.. what good does that do anyways? we had buddle, casey, cunningham and the liost goes on. blah blah blah who gives a F.

New management team in place and i have reason to be excited... dont care who was here.. i wanna see who's coming.. pickin' up what im putting down?
    So key right here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought they were looking at 3-4-3?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's going to take an open mind and some real effort on the part of the current players to adopt a new approach. Some will and some won't. At least players coming in might have an idea what is expected of them instead of the fucking merry-go-round we've had over the last four years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what we have/ has been rumored:

Ornoch----Santos-----Dero
    Lindsay----JDG--------Barrett
    Morgan?---Cann---Nana----Gargan?
    -----------Frei----------------

Yikes ... we have a long way to go in order to make that competitive. Lots of places there we need to improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Yikes ... we have a long way to go in order to make that competitive. Lots of places there we need to improve.
    how can you even bother putting up this formation with only 16 players?? for all we know some of the guys you have up there now might not even start the year with TFC

Lets get a full squad and then go crazy to our hearts content playing with the formation and who will be where.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all speculation, relax. If we weren't allowed to post anything suggestive on this board it would be rather boring no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Barrett is NOT a midfielder, and DeRo doesn't track back so your right side is awful...agreed we've got some major holes to fill...but having JK, PM, and Winter in place is gonna attract to a lot of players a lot of players to TFC IMO, something that we've NEVER had before...I'm optimistic for once...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard alot of things about the varying forms of 4-3-3, but I think it will depend on the pace of our players and the width of the fields being played on that will which variation will be used.

IMO, I like the fact that we could use all 3 of the midfielders in front of the defenders to close the open spaces. To me it would be 3 box-to-box midfielders that can move forward on the attack and move together defensively to stop the opposition attack.

IMO, this is our best option:
    --------------GK---------------

RB------CB---------CB-------LB

----CM/DM--CB/DM--CM/DM-----

------------AM/SS------------

----RW/ST---------ST/LW-----

Pieces in place:

------------------Frei----------------

RB------Attakora------Cann--------LB

----DeGuzman--CB/DM--LaBrocca-----

--------------DeRosario---------------

-------Santos---------ST/LW---------

The (4-3-1-2) would be my choice, mainly because I dont think we can find a player that is a centre forward like Dichio, that could play the lone striker position, and dominate physically week after week.

The (4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 with 2 wingers )would not be an option. No lone striker. A centre forward like Dichio to play the lone striker role would be hard to find. This role requires the player to be good technically and able to consistently hold off defenders and bring in other players. Not to mention he has to stay healthy. Way to easy to defend against.

The (4-2-1-3), personally I think this would put too much pressure on our questionable defense. This is the way Arsenal play, very attack minded but we don't have that kind of possession type of game. Arsenal IMO could benifit from a quality CF like Adebayor with Arshavin and Nasri on the secondary strikers near the sidelines.
    Last edited by [NBF]; 01-07-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all speculation, relax. If we weren't allowed to post anything suggestive on this board it would be rather boring no?
    im completely relaxed... (beer in hand)

True about posting.. its been a long night (work) so i guess im just lashing out in a tiny way. my bad!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    ^ Barrett is NOT a midfielder, and DeRo doesn't track back so your right side is awful...agreed we've got some major holes to fill...but having JK, PM, and Winter in place is gonna attract to a lot of players a lot of players to TFC IMO, something that we've NEVER had before...I'm optimistic for once...
    I kinda like the idea of barrett playing in the MF though. he's hard on tackles and fast as grease lightning.. why not see what he can do there if he were asked to try it.

agree 100% about MeRo though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

listening to PM last night on the soccer show,he mentioned that they have a great network all ready in place and they already have the ball rolling in africa and SA for the type of players they need.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont mind the idea of barrett on the wing either, hes been effective there previously and has the potential to score. Its rare that i like to see a player played out of their natural position but hes one of em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how you'd really fit Dero in (same with Santos) unless you went with the 4-3-1-2 and put him as the Luis Figo type who plays just behind the two forwards.

That being said, I think there are probably a fair number of guys who could play that spot better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    listening to PM last night on the soccer show,he mentioned that they have a great network all ready in place and they already have the ball rolling in africa and SA for the type of players they need.
    Paul Mariner's interview was very encouraging indeed. The news regarding incoming players should pick up steam in the next couple of weeks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's encouraging that we've been linked with a fair number of people already. Shows that we've been active.

Unlike prior years where we are pulling our hair out waiting for Johnston to get off his ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubtful Ornoch will want to come over here. He was getting plenty of playing time (haven't been following his club lately) and he was doing fantastic.

Edit: Saw your post on the Vees forum. Cool beans.
    Last edited by TFCRegina; 01-07-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Guess I'm wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So very true.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont mind the idea of barrett on the wing either, hes been effective there previously and has the potential to score. Its rare that i like to see a player played out of their natural position but hes one of em

The only problem is he can't cross.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither has any of our other wingers :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

says you chump!