Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    Management isn't just the GM/Coach, its the entire front office.

Just because a guy starred with a major club as well as internationally doesn't mean he will turn around the club. Just refer to our previous four years.

Just because a guy has coached at a relatively high internationally, doesn't mean he will stick around to see the job through. Just ask John Carver.

Anselmi has never proven to get it right, what indication is there he will get this one right?

Toronto sports fans are fed hope, not the lure of victory to fill our sporting belies. This is another serving of hope. Lets be look at the situation with a more critical eye before we start a FO love in.

Just because someone was brought in, the past should not be forgotten.

My point is people should be tempering their enthusiasm until the results start coming in. Support the club in a lose your voice 90 minutes on gameday, but in between lets not just get all giddy, because after four wasted months, they are bringing somebody in... Finally.
    just because our previous coaches flopped, doesnt mean the new guy will. especially when said new guy's pedegree and potential is more impressive then all previous coaches combined.

and who are you to tell people to temper their enthusiasm. just because you view things in your own bleak and negative way doesnt mean the rest of us dont live life with a more positive outlook.

you should piss in your own cornflakes instead of others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the stupidity in this thread owns

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    They should hold the presser on the pitch that way you can actually tell it's being held at the stadium.

Otherwise it could be held in Bob's garage for all we know as long as they bring the MLSE backdrop.
    roll out the field turf in front of the ACC. Boom pitch

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who the fuck cares where it is???

I actually like it being at the ACC, since it more accessible by subway. Is anyone planning on going? Is there a point?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    Who the fuck cares where it is???

I actually like it being at the ACC, since it more accessible by subway. Is anyone planning on going? Is there a point?
    Pretty sure it's for media only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question, and sorry if this has been covered but its making my head hurt to try and read every ridiculous statement in this thread- but isn't BMO not winterized? Like isn't the water off, no heat, no electricity etc? Aren't TFCs offices in the ACC with every other MLSE properties offices? I (kinda) get Bobans anger, but TFCs not based out of BMO they just play out of BMO. There aren't head offices there.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely a point to it. I'm intrigued to see exactly which positions people are in, what's been done with the pre-existing staff etc etc. should be very interesting.

Idealistically, if not realistically, i agree with Boban, they should do this sort of thing at bmo.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    just because our previous coaches flopped, doesnt mean the new guy will. especially when said new guy's pedegree and potential is more impressive then all previous coaches combined.

and who are you to tell people to temper their enthusiasm. just because you view things in your own bleak and negative way doesnt mean the rest of us dont live life with a more positive outlook.

you should piss in your own cornflakes instead of others.
    Ahhh yes. The only way to support the club is to 100% blindly view every move they make as right.

Ive supported them since they were announced like many here or in other groups. But the fact is nothing thus far indicates they are going to get it right. So instead of blindly committed to support whatever initiative they do, Im taking a wait and see approach and encouraging other to do the same.

Theres a time for blind support and thats when the team is on the field for the little bit of time we get to watch them. Now is the time to look at things with a logical and critical view.

I hope hard questions are asked at the press conference tomorrow. The pressure must remain on MLSE to improve their product. TFC is still new to the sporting scene and very easily could become irrelevant to the casual fan. Theyve ruined all the work people in this group and others have done to promote the team, build an atmosphere and get the word about about the club.

Its our obligation to hold them to a higher standard. Not just yes sir every move they make.

You really want us to be like Leaf fans?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Question, and sorry if this has been covered but its making my head hurt to try and read every ridiculous statement in this thread- but isn't BMO not winterized? Like isn't the water off, no heat, no electricity etc? Aren't TFCs offices in the ACC with every other MLSE properties offices? I (kinda) get Bobans anger, but TFCs not based out of BMO they just play out of BMO. There aren't head offices there.
    Actually there based out of the NSS. MLSE isn't. When Mo was here his and whatever coach had offices there , as well as assistants and what not.
    It's not just a stadium, there are offices and other facilities there.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe the news is:

- DeRo's paperwork is finally completed?

- Investment in new Field Turf at BMO?

- 2012 Season Ticket renewals due Jan 31st, 2011?

- TFC backing a motion to cancel MLS Playoffs as 'too distracting' for MLS Fan base?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who says anything about blind support. yes the first seasons have been disasters, i dont think anyone is arguing about that. but just as you come out accusing people of blind support(and anyone here that knows me will testify i'm the last to fall into that category), you seem to fall in with those that think nothing can go right.

looking at the state of affairs at the moment and its not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. in a town that had no clue about pro football, did you really think that the company with no experience was going to have everything figured out from the get go? fuck i know clubs back home that have been around 80 years and still havent figured it out ffs. to think mlse would not fuckup on certain matters is just dumb. i've seen nothing that tells me that its a lack of trying to get things right thats the problem, only dumb mistakes.

now ive not lived here very long and TFC is my first dealing with MLSE so perhaps this is why im a little more objective and less eager to constantly cry in outrage, but i think people should mellow out and look forward to an interesting season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and I'll only be happy if the presser tomorrow announces there will be more ATM's at a stadium sponsored by a frickin' bank!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ The thing is a lot of the credit is being given to a consulting company that could have been hired at any point in TFC's existence.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason why I have an issue with MLSE getting it right, is that their history indicates they can't get it right and have three professional sports franchises to prove that. In fact, for four years I backed what they were telling us until it had to be blown up and always said as much. Well its been blown up and now its time to be cautious.

Fill your boots if you want to endlessly support them when its not game time. Ill be supporting the club regardless if they win a game. Ill still sing my full 90 minutes, whether were are up 5-0 or down 5-0 and Ill still support the club maybe just not the players or FO I think are doing bad by it.

Also, the reason why I bring it up is because its a discussion board to discuss TFC. So offering dissenting opinion is not crying constantly. I'm discussing a related matter. Maybe you're the one crying about reading someones opinion you don't like? I doubt we need a "whats positive about TFC" thread so you can can hear me address what I think is positive.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Maybe the news is:

- TFC backing a motion to cancel MLS Playoffs as 'too distracting' for MLS Fan base?

- Announce the Argos are moving into BMO Field permamently, as of 2011?
    FIXED!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Maybe the news is:

- 50% refund on 2011 season ticket packages and free beer for home opener for all original SSH for enduring 4 years of MLSE FO bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi announces the results of your paternity test...turns out he's quite the playah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are moving the team, stadium and all, to Baltimore.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are so many thing that they could say, I wonder what it is? Maybe it will be a 2-for-1.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    This I could get behind. I hope they give my statue a large package (a la Tom Jones).
    ahhahahha. A sock or a banana?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'A press conference? You're talking about a press conference?... no really, a press conference? C'mon man... it's a press conference!'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

roof!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC will announce the addition of a "Cheerleading Squad" for 2011 with Tom Anselmi leading the charge.

On a serious note, I can't wait for this press conference. Could tomorrow be the beginning of a new era?... A WINNING ERA ?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    ahhahahha. A sock or a banana?

It's up to them. As long as it impresses the ladies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this about the $5 beers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monster truck show coming to BMO Field. All STH to get $2 off coupon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ronaldinho

Perhaps Ronaldinho, who is also making a major announcement today about which club he will play with is no coincidence, timed with our announcement, could it be he will be joining the TFC strike force. It is certain he will demand that DeRosario be given DP status to join him up front if this is true! A new MLS Dynamic Duo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sampace View Post
    Perhaps Ronaldinho, who is also making a major announcement today about which club he will play with is no coincidence, timed with our announcement, could it be he will be joining the TFC strike force. It is certain he will demand that DeRosario be given DP status to join him up front if this is true! A new MLS Dynamic Duo.
    DeRonaldinho!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sampace View Post
    DeRosario would never agree to that, unless he is making more than Ronaldinho.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-06-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto