Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You are raining... but the forecast is for sunshine.

good expression.

I think that it's official - the owners of our team have 100% admitted that the MoJo era was a mistake, and have made moves to get as far away from it as possible.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    mariner= elvis costello.

Player Development Baby!! Yeaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now let's sign Kenny Cooper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think that might be my favorite TFC game of all time. They kept the ball on the deck the entire time and Serioux just destroyed everyone.
    Not the highest scoring, but they played quality, quality football, controlled the game, both ways. Loved it.

By the way Seedorf is out of a contract at AC Milan this summer, maybe he can come over and play as the CM/Playmaker. Huntelaar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Not the highest scoring, but they played quality, quality football, controlled the game, both ways. Loved it.

By the way Seedorf is out of a contract at AC Milan this summer, maybe he can come over and play as the CM/Playmaker. Huntelaar?
    I think Hunterlaar is enjoying Germany. Seedorf I can see coming to MLS. He'd be a beast in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Yeah, Hunterlaar is doing well. Seedorf is likely to retire in Milan, were he is respected by both sides. But there is no one better to teach total football, both to the DMs and the attacking players.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    They hired Ageroo?!
    Alright alright ....settle down.......he is from Suriname...not Guyana.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    good expression.

I think that it's official - the owners of our team have 100% admitted that the MoJo era was a mistake, and have made moves to get as far away from it as possible.
    And not only that, don't you also get the feeling that we'll be looking at a more hands-off approach from the MLSE Board and more control given to Winter and his crew? Nothing has been said outright, but I'm certainly getting the vibe that they have learned their lesson (ie: that they know NOTHING about running a soccer club) and will probably give Winter a longer leash.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I got a feeling that Winter wasn't briefed very well by TFC FO, though this may just be his English, I got a very good feeling from all 3 new guys.

We'll have to see whether Winter will end up playing 4-3-3 that he seems to imply during the presser. He may have to stick with 4-4-2 until we get some attacking wingers.

Overall feeling very positive
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aron Winter seemed looked like he had a lump in his throat (probably because he was speaking a language he's not entirely comfortable with). Bob DeKlerk looked like a complete lunatic and Paul Mariner looked like a university professor. Yet I don't think I've ever been as excited for a TFC season before!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    And not only that, don't you also get the feeling that we'll be looking at a more hands-off approach from the MLSE Board and more control given to Winter and his crew? Nothing has been said outright, but I'm certainly getting the vibe that they have learned their lesson (ie: that they know NOTHING about running a soccer club) and will probably give Winter a longer leash.
    I got the same feeling.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was kind of hoping that someone would ask Winter or deClerk if they've ever been involved in a smelting accident?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    Aron Winter seemed looked like he had a lump in his throat (probably because he was speaking a language he's not entirely comfortable with). Bob DeKlerk looked like a complete lunatic and Paul Mariner looked like a university professor. Yet I don't think I've ever been as excited for a TFC season before!
    De Klerk is one guy you want to stay from in training, he may take your legs out...haha!!! Seems like a character and will bring some humour to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am particularly excited that Brett Hull has accepted the "First Assistant Coach" position at Toronto FC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it's exactly what they did with their other teams, but the difference here is that it's still possible for a well-run MLS team to get very competitive fast.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes and no. They also gave Mo a long leash and he proceeded to create a mess out of an absolute gimme of a success. So while they may admit their lack of football knowledge, I am sure this time they will be putting checks and balances in place and not allowing someone to come in and say "hey, give me 5 years".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Give me five years; WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT, I still cannot believe how many believed that line.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All that matters to me is that two legends in Jimmy and Danny are being kept around.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Give me five years; WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT, I still cannot believe how many believed that line.
    Hey, they're still on track, this is the year!

It was all part of the plan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Hahahahhaha. I am sure Mo will agree with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know how our new management team is perceived throughout the rest of the league. I'm just curious if any of the other squads or their supporters are having an "oh shit, look what Toronto did" moment.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC: Total Football Club
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch... he'll take credit for any future success.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Tom will anyway....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    Does anyone know how our new management team is perceived throughout the rest of the league. I'm just curious if any of the other squads or their supporters are having an "oh shit, look what Toronto did" moment.
    here's what I read on Big Sawker:

Very impressed with the bold management actions taken by TFC. They have certainly picked "a direction" and it just remains to be seen where it takes them.

Now all they need are the players. They currently have only 16 or so players under contract. A lot of work fo Mariner and Winter ahead in both the short and long term.
    http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showt...1625266&page=4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oldtimer and Beach Red,

Agreed and agreed.

Mo" see I planed to fuck shit up for 4 years, so that they would have to scrap everythign I did, other then Dichio, and then bring in guys, who I wanted to sign from the start".
    Last edited by trane; 01-06-2011 at 03:17 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would not be surprised if Sonny Silooy now joins the coaching staff in some capacity with Aron Winter. The two are best buds from winning everything at Ajax and I have heard from someone that talks to Silooy all the time that there's a good possibility.

MLS-Rumors said today Ent and Schwartz will sign with TFC Jan. 17. Don't know about all of that but I can confirm I heard that Ent and Schwartz will be headed to TFC from Jan. 17 to the 22nd, heard Schwartz was also headed to train with the Rapids after that so that conflicts that their signing them as soon as they arrive.

Which makes sense, better to take another look, especially if you guys are not looking for another Colin Samuel after the holidays.

And at the beginning of this story, I probably gave the Dayton Dutch Lions a little too much credit for your Dutch wave these past few months that culminated into Aron Winter. It's called blowing some smoke, but think your club may have a slight Dutch hard-on, had to begin somehow.
    This from a Krew fan in another thread on BS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the first practice they will be crystal clear that this is a two-year (or more) project. That's ok - as long as there is a plan, and progress on that plan.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big "sawker" comment is pretty accurate. It's a direction, let's see where it takes us. Certainly a more interesting ride.

As for players under contract, I keep seeing 17 on this board but when I go to the TFC website, I only count 16. Which is it?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    The big "sawker" comment is pretty accurate. It's a direction, let's see where it takes us. Certainly a more interesting ride.

As for players under contract, I keep seeing 17 on this board but when I go to the TFC website, I only count 16. Which is it?
    Is DeRo on the list?