Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    maybe it's because i've seen him play for the last six years, but he's still capable at the level he's at.
    birmingham city last year in the FA Cup is a good example of him being able to play at a high level still.
    he still does quite well for derby as it is.
    though i won't deny he's got a year maybe two left in him at a decent level.
    This would be a brilliant signing for Vanna White. A very experienced pro who can give them 2 good years on the field and then move into a coaching/manager's position.
    He knows the game inside out, speaks well and will be able to pass on a lot to the youngsters.
    Just what TFC need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, 3:28 pm ET

Baltimore, MD (Sports Network) - The San Jose Earthquakes acquired forward Steven Lenhart and allocation money from the Columbus Crew on Thursday for the 15th overall pick in Major League Soccer's SuperDraft.

Lenhart was second on the Crew last season with six goals. He also had a pair of assists in 27 appearances, including 17 starts. He was selected by the Crew with the 48th pick in the 2008 SuperDraft.

In three seasons in Columbus, he made 69 appearances - including six playoff games - and had 14 goals and four assists.

Columbus selected Michigan forward Justin Meram with the 15th pick.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Bird would do well in SJ I think. Big, target man striker fits well with Yallop's long ball style
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Johnson re-uped with RSL. I was hoping TFC could snatch him with our new Dutch football mentality, Good for him though. Great Canadian doing well in this league.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...n-through-2014

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shitlicker signs with Gimnasia in Argentina. No more of his twatty diving twatness!

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...-hometown-club
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Kenny Cooper signs for Portland.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nottingham Forest granted permit for Robbie Findlay

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...663525,00.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Nottingham Forest granted permit for Robbie Findlay

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...663525,00.html
    Don't know what he is going to do there.
    Seems like a waste of a move being stuck in a lower level club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    I don't know Boban, some pretty good soccer played in the Championship and Forest are a decent side with a big following. It will also put him in the shop window if he does well to get noticed by Prem clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know Boban, some pretty good soccer played in the Championship and Forest are a decent side with a big following. It will also put him in the shop window if he does well to get noticed by Prem clubs.
    So then Edson's move to 2nd Bundesliga is good then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So then Edson's move to 2nd Bundesliga is good then?
    I have never seen B2 but my guess would be that the Championship would be a far superior league and let's not forget that Forest are past European Cup champions. I have never even heard of this German team before the transfer news.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the team themselves are no big deal but the Bundesliga 2 is hardly a crap league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    The Buddle move has bad news written all over it.

The clincher was that FC Ingolstadt is offering him double the wage he is making at the Galaxy.

Oh MLS.....what happens if this trend continues?
    You mean the trend of European clubs overpaying for marginal players? What will happen is UEFA clubs will be $15 billion in debt instead of $7b.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forest are a promotion pushing side this year. They're just out of the playoffs, with games in hand on everyone ahead of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Forest are a promotion pushing side this year. They're just out of the playoffs, with games in hand on everyone ahead of them.
    Still a gamble. Nothing is certain.
    Both clubs are 2nd div clubs. All I am saying people can't say Edson's move is silly but praise or accept Findlays.
    They are in the same boat is all I am saying.

But I feel both would be served better by playing in 1st division leagues (with the top teams) in other countries. They would get more exposure and playing time with Champ League and Euro League games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody know the dates for preseason for all teams like when they are reporting for it and all that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(pure speculation) Franklin Salas has apparently had interest from a bunch of MLS teams. Talented, but has been recently derailed by injuries and supposedly losing time on a very talented LDU Quito team.

I'd wonder if we're one of the teams interested? Seems to fit the profile of the type of player we'd want in a 4-3-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    You mean the trend of European clubs overpaying for marginal players? What will happen is UEFA clubs will be $15 billion in debt instead of $7b.
    While I agree with the overall point of your post, Germany has strict financial controls on it's clubs (that actually make sense). The rest of UEFA would be smart to follow their lead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still a gamble. Nothing is certain.
    Both clubs are 2nd div clubs. All I am saying people can't say Edson's move is silly but praise or accept Findlays.
    They are in the same boat is all I am saying.

But I feel both would be served better by playing in 1st division leagues (with the top teams) in other countries. They would get more exposure and playing time with Champ League and Euro League games.
    In terms of Findlay, I'd say yes with a but - the Championship is as big a lot of first divisions. For example is Findlay better playing top flight in somewhere in Scandinavia instead of the Championship? I can't think of many teams in Sweden, Norway, or Denmark who I'd describe as bigger than Forest or too big for the Championship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finnish Toni Stahl got released by Philly yesterday. Picked 2nd round (17th overall) in 2010 Superdraft. Didn't play much but I remember his name going around the draft as being a player with some upside.

Maybe not good enough at this level. Anyone know anything about him?
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...-on-toni-stahl

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Villa is looking seriously into a loan deal for Omar Cummings, with 2 million pounds to make the move permanent.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/en...ng-up-move-for

If Kandji finally turns his potential into a good MLS striker, Colorado would like the allocation money that comes from sale of Cummings.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very interesting forum going here.every player i.e.buddle.cummings etc,leaving mls to try europe makes our opposition that much more beatable,as for cooper signing for portland he has been out for most of last season with a broken ankle,one shot over the top and hes done for another season.have faith in our new hierachy,marriner will be the glue that puts things together and the dutch twosome will make it work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List of all offseason acquisitions:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/transactions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never seen B2 but my guess would be that the Championship would be a far superior league and let's not forget that Forest are past European Cup champions. I have never even heard of this German team before the transfer news.
    That's not true, the 2 Bundesliga is at least on par or better than the Championship.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serb_Star View Post
    That's not true, the 2 Bundesliga is at least on par or better than the Championship.
    yep, id definitely agree here. the bundesliga is already underrated as a league, the Bundesliga 2 isnt that far from it, especially when you have underperforming top B2 teams stacked with players but headed to relegation *ahem* Stuttgart *cough* Wolfsburg. Yes the bottom part of the Bundesliga 2 is not that good, but few leagues are good on the bottom, id still say the mid to top could easily compete in the championship and have no problem playing the best teams in the MLS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Rapids ST Omar Cummings fail to get work permit for Villa loan

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...-and-more.html

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Fire DP forward Nery Castillo set to join Greek superleague side Aris on loan for rest of European season. Funny, I thought Castillo was on loan to Fire from Shaktar

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it doesn't really mean anything, but there seems to be a new rumour every day about players going to KC.. It's amazing what a nice new stadium will do to a team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Veteran defender Carey Talley retires. Last played for DC and NY. Was a pretty good MLS defender in his day

-KC resigns RB Michael Harrington, Columbus resigns French winger Leandre Griffit

-Houston adds two more homegrown players to their squad, M Josue Soto and F Alex Dixon

-Eduardo Galeano