Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Sutton should have played last week (he didn't play for Canada), he should hav eplayed last night, he should play Tuesady and he should play the majority of the games.

It seems Carver is punishing him for honouring his dutie sto the country.

When I said Edwrds was a3rd string goalie I was being sarcatic. I know he is our #2 but in my opinion he is no better tahn a # 3 goalie that should probaly be playing in a beach soccer league. Plain and simple He sucks.
    He doesnt suck, his positioning is usually excellent and his ball distribution is actually better than Sutton's.

Sutton has the ability to produce gamesaving stops, and you are right, he should have played yesterday, considering the revs always look to score a few goals and dont play so defensively, when they dont have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blame Carver for the 2 points we lost against KC last week when he didn't use 5 starters who were back from international duties.

Blame Carver for using a 3 string golie named Edwards yesterday rather than Sutton who has probaly been our MVP this year. Thanks to Carver we lost 3 points yesterday.

Thanks to Carver we lost 5 points in the last 2 games and have all the other teams in the East closing ground on us very quickly.
    Pretty sure we owe the loss to those on the field. Your post reminded me of this:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Why is it that people are only reminded of Cher during Pride Week?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post
    ^
    Why is it that people are only reminded of Cher during Pride Week?
    i think you answered your own question James

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blame Carver for the 2 points we lost against KC last week when he didn't use 5 starters who were back from international duties.

Blame Carver for using a 3 string golie named Edwards yesterday rather than Sutton who has probaly been our MVP this year. Thanks to Carver we lost 3 points yesterday.

Thanks to Carver we lost 5 points in the last 2 games and have all the other teams in the East closing ground on us very quickly.
    Agreed that Sutton should have been on the pitch last night, I ask you this, was Edwards a 3 string goalie when he had 2 clean sheets?
    Yes he should have saved the first goal, the second would not have saved by many a keeper, by the way Sutton has let in his fair share of stoppable goals, The truth is our defence was lacking in effort on both of the goals.

Just one more comment, I think we all agree that Cunningham has become a very lazy player, Dichio is good for 45-55 minutes, we do need that class striker A.S.A.P.

As I said in your last very negative thread about the K.C. game, you would be praising Carver if TFC would have won the match after making the subs in the second half, I didn't notice a response to my comment in the K.C. thread, I must have been right. Just my observations as I was waiting for a negative comment. Guess I was right!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your just pissed cause TFC doesn;t have an italian manager,just what MLS nees a boring dull defensive manager....no thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

England has an Italian manager..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    England has an Italian manager..

they are doomed as well...at least this time they will have an excuse for not preforming well....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Last night, and watching the game back this morning, I am really upset with the lack of effort, or 'not playing to the whistle' by some of our players (especially at some key moments)...

Brian Edwards: Earlier this year Carver ripped Edwards for his attitude in training, took a start away from him, and the message was hopefully sent.

Last night Edwards GAVE UP on two live balls, and both ended up in the back of our net...

1st goal - a beautiful cross that's knock on by the head. The instant it beats Edwards he stands flat footed, looks to the sky and says "I was beaten, 1-nil". Uh hello son, the ball hit the post and bounced right back out. Ralston runs in a taps it in. Had Edwards not given up on the ball, he had an excellent chance of beating Ralston to the ball, or diving infront of the 2nd shot. Getting beat happens, but it shouldn't happen for lack of effort or attitude...

Unfortunately, he's not the only one who gave up on the play... Jim Brennan does the exact same thing. The instant the ball beats Edwards he goes flat footed and his body language is saying "f***, 1-nil". The he sees the ball hit the post - one problem, Ralston is going full stride and beats him to the ball...

Guys can't be giving up on live balls. Think about it this way in terms of effort. Ralston never stops running during the play. Watch the overhead replay. The ball beats Edwards, he keeps running, and becuase of that he easily blows by Brennan and beats Edwards for an easy tap in. He scored purely on effort, and out-working are boys...

Spot on. Exactly my thoughts. Edwards should have sprinted towards that first goal ball if only on the slim hope he can stop it or pressure the opponent into shanking the shot. I'm really disappointed in Edwards for that one.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Blowing jimmy offside when he wasn't, lost us the game, that was a cut and dried goal.
    off course it was...but the refs were out to lucnch from the KO....but don't get much help either from the CSA refs who do the MLS games up here on occassion, they have been absent lately, did they get the sack?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards let us down by his lack of experience last night, plain and simple. I hope he learned something from that game.

He could be a great keeper for us with time and experience. I'd rather not drop points, though, because he can't learn from his mistakes.

Sutton'll be back next game for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Longsleeve View Post
    Edwards let us down by his lack of experience last night, plain and simple. I hope he learned something from that game.

He could be a great keeper for us with time and experience. I'd rather not drop points, though, because he can't learn from his mistakes.

Sutton'll be back next game for sure.
    Jesus, poor Edwards.

yes he did fail to go after a ball he probably wouldnt have caught anyway, and yes that was a mistake and yes he's inexperienced, yes Sutton should start the next game.

But Wynne's leaving of defensive holes, Robert's lackadaisical play, and Cunninghams downright uselessness, had much more to do with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Jesus, poor Edwards.

yes he did fail to go after a ball he probably wouldnt have caught anyway, and yes that was a mistake and yes he's inexperienced, yes Sutton should start the next game.

But Wynne's leaving of defensive holes, Robert's lackadaisical play, and Cunninghams downright uselessness, had much more to do with it.
    There were other issues. Just commenting about Edwards performance since that seemed to be the thrust of this thread. Plus, if you've read my other posts on the topic of Edwards, it's very clear that I'm a big supporter of him and his development.
    Last edited by Stencils; 06-29-2008 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Spot on. Exactly my thoughts. Edwards should have sprinted towards that first goal ball if only on the slim hope he can stop it or pressure the opponent into shanking the shot. I'm really disappointed in Edwards for that one.
    What's even more disappointing is that he did it again, when the ball hit the crossbar before the second goal.

Gotta learn from your mistakes, Brian. That's what being a rookie is all about.

I think the kid has a great future, but these mistakes have to disappear first. Very fundamental stuff here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Young goalkeepers are mistake prone, just ask Greg Sutton how his first attempt at breaking into MLS went. The best goalies are usually the older ones in the grand scheme of things, and even they make brutal mistakes.

The fact that Edwards is as good as he is at this age, is positive, but he's had his time now and has hopefully learned some valuable lessons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=ExiledRed;67988The fact that Edwards is as good as he is at this age, is positive, but he's had his time now and has hopefully learned some valuable lessons.[/quote]

Exiled, I agree with you here... And, although very critical of Edwards in my initial post (I was all piss and vinegar at the time) I didn't want this to become a piss on Edwards thread...

But, I think the dissapointing thing with his play wasn't that he made 'rookie mistakes' it was more that he had 'poor effort or attitude' when the ball beat him (even though it didn't end up in the net)...

I fully expect him to make rookie mistakes, all part of earning your stripes and becoming a top quality tender which he is on his way to becoming if the effort is there...

You can NEVER give up on a live ball... That is something Sutton, Carver, and the boys must stress to him... That first goal he gave up on initially, had he not, it might have been stopped - and that small "might have been stopped" is enough to make the effort...

And giving up is not on him alone (although being the tender, its easier to see)... Brennan gave up on the live ball in the first goal, and as people pointed out in the thread, others weren't back there doing everything possible to keep the ball out...

NE had a 'full defensive effort' when they cleared the line. Everyone was back, their tender was scrambling until the bitter end. That is what's needed...

Carts...
    Last edited by Carts; 06-30-2008 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Grammar etc...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."