Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: d.c. vs. l.a.

kelzag

Apparently LAG play as badly as we do in DC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still over 20 mins left... they can be worse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-1 demolition of the Galaxy who have been playing very well lately.

Maybe not the best team in MLS but DCU is the best "hot weather" team in MLS. It plays right into their style.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to make a bold prediction. Actually, I think I already made it before, but just a reminder.

DC United will win the MLS Cup this year. They have caught the form that was expected at the beginning of the season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I am going to make a bold prediction. Actually, I think I already made it before, but just a reminder.

DC United will win the MLS Cup this year. They have caught the form that was expected at the beginning of the season.
    Yeah they have a boatload of talented players and as much as i hate to say it that shithead Peralta looks great at the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xavier is shite, he has been jogging the entire game
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in MLS I don't think you can make these kinds of predictions based on 1 game against a team with a really bad defense at home.

You're assessing DC while they are in a good stretch.

Everyone slags TFC as not being a contender because TFC can't win on the road. DC is almost as bad on the road.

Personally I don't like it when TFC fans kiss other team's asses, but that's just me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do realize they've won five of their last six right? Tied the best team in the league in their own stadium (and generally dominated play) and beat Chicago away as well.

Anyways, this looks exactly like last year. Once it gets hot out, they rocket up the standings because their style of play can deal with the heat better. Supporters shield? maybe.

MLS cup? I think it's more likely they'll get knocked off by a more physical team like Chicago or NER once the weather gets colder again. The posession game may not be as effective by the time the playoffs come around.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great game...better then the euro final anyways.....NE @ LA next weekend, wsbk in Boston is showing that one...should be a classic.
    Last edited by mighty_torontofc_2008; 06-29-2008 at 03:15 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    in MLS I don't think you can make these kinds of predictions based on 1 game against a team with a really bad defense at home.

You're assessing DC while they are in a good stretch.

Everyone slags TFC as not being a contender because TFC can't win on the road. DC is almost as bad on the road.

Personally I don't like it when TFC fans kiss other team's asses, but that's just me
    You're just sore because you were one of the ones that wrote off DC after the first few games. LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunner View Post
    DC's capo is doing a good job
    Actually got some air time too on ABC
    thanks

what's Forza song?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, DC fans really DO have the best fans in the mls. singing together like that makes me forget they got several supporter groups. if only the south end was united....they have like 10 ACTUAL tifo's going on, with success on each one. why cant our fans be more creative !!!!! the roof excuse is getting old. there are hundreds of fans getting it done without a roof.

How about trying one meaningless game, and uniting the south end, no supporter groups, nothing, just the 'hardcore' tfc fans having ONE capo up front, and everyone following his chants, etc. for one game, if it doesnt work, go back to having several supporter groups, why not ?

gotta give credit where credit is due, DC got some really nice fans. what i also like is how they got their OWN merchandise, with fellow members and other people buying their clothes, thus creating revenue to make bigger & better tifo's. still waiting for this to happen at BMO.
    Last edited by Angelo1405; 06-29-2008 at 07:05 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately bro the way dc is playing means nothing in mls at all, the mls has a weird way of reapeating itself year after year, dc starts of badly, then goes on to best record in league .... then flames in playoffs, new england goes to the finals every year.... just to choke when they get there every year, steve nichols coaches all-stars every year, league bends rules to help the galaxy every year etc........

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not every year Edmundo...they are after all the most winningest team in the MLS with the most MLS Cups than any other team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo1405 View Post
    wow, DC fans really DO have the best fans in the mls. singing together like that makes me forget they got several supporter groups. if only the south end was united....they have like 10 ACTUAL tifo's going on, with success on each one. why cant our fans be more creative !!!!! the roof excuse is getting old. there are hundreds of fans getting it done without a roof.

How about trying one meaningless game, and uniting the south end, no supporter groups, nothing, just the 'hardcore' tfc fans having ONE capo up front, and everyone following his chants, etc. for one game, if it doesnt work, go back to having several supporter groups, why not ?

gotta give credit where credit is due, DC got some really nice fans. what i also like is how they got their OWN merchandise, with fellow members and other people buying their clothes, thus creating revenue to make bigger & better tifo's. still waiting for this to happen at BMO.
    I think another advantage they have is the support groups control the ticket sales in the supporter sections, so they are more likely to get people that are there to sing and chant all game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe looks like we upset someone (that's after their goal)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Embedded yer clips.