Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pablo Vitti signs with Universitario

http://www.larepublica.pe/29-12-2010...-esta-camiseta

Pablo Vitti is really impressing in Peru. He helped his (now former) team San Martin capture the league championship with the winning goal no less just two and a half weeks ago.

You can see his beautiful free kick here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2titfufaAQ#t=6s

His play this year caught the attention of the richest club in Peru. He's just signed within the last couple days for Club Universitario de Deportes which is the most successful and wealthiest club in the Peruvian League.

Pablo Vitti had a record year with 12 goals in 32 appearances. His stint in Toronto recorded 26 appearances and 2 goals.

Many websites have reported his salary at $30,000 a week/$600,000 a year/$1.8 million over 3 years.
    Last edited by Nestease; 12-30-2010 at 03:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was shit here, but I'm glad he's found success for himself somewhere.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Vitti. Never will forget when he thought he scored his first goal and ripped off his shirt, only to have the linesman rule him offside and have the ref show him a yellow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll never forget that time (ie every time) when he made that nice first move and then dribbled the ball into traffic, coughed up the ball and then stood there dumbfounded instead of tracking back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    Spot on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pablo Vitti had as many goals as Conor Casey in his first year in the MLS...only difference is Casey was given time to adjust to the league and prove himself...Vitti wasn't

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait.... am I the only one who thought the title said ' ... signs with UniversalStudios' ??

I need coffee
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    wait.... am I the only one who thought the title said ' ... signs with UniversalStudios' ??

I need coffee
    University of Ontario
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    University of Ontario
    ahh... Western. Go Mustangs! or... engineers.... I dunno.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good on him, MLS isn't the league for him, to physical and not not enough time on the ball.

Good luck Vitti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    Pablo Vitti had as many goals as Conor Casey in his first year in the MLS...only difference is Casey was given time to adjust to the league and prove himself...Vitti wasn't
    I don't think any amount of time would have turned Vitti into Casey in the MLS. Casey is a bull-dog, built for the MLS. Vitti got knocked off the ball by a defender's shadow.

I'm not saying that he's shit, but he was never, ever going to make it in this league.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not goign to lie, i fucking loved vitti.
    he and santos would've had the most creative attacks in the league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think any amount of time would have turned Vitti into Casey in the MLS. Casey is a bull-dog, built for the MLS. Vitti got knocked off the ball by a defender's shadow.

I'm not saying that he's shit, but he was never, ever going to make it in this league.
    You could say Shitlicker also got knocked off the ball by a defender's shadow. lol.

Clearly Shitlicker has superior footy IQ, but generally, Argies that do make it in MLS takes about a season to adjust to the physical nature of the league.

I don't know if Vitti had the footy IQ to adjust to MLS, but who knows?
    However, 300k on a gamble was too much of a risk at that time.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't just that Vitti got knocked off the ball too easily, its that he consistently made bad decisions with the ball. Without knowing anything at all about the Peruvian league, based on the fact that Vittie has been successfull there I'm going to guess that its a league where players have more time and space with the ball (closer to Serie A than the Prem for example).

Here, he was able to make a nice first move because that's when he typically had the most time/space to opperate, but as soon as defenders pressured him and took away his space he was lost...he'd trying to break them down 1 v 1 and end up losing the ball while dribbling and/or making a bad pass under pressure.

Our league didn't suit his style of play and in the 30 or so games that he played here he didn't show that he was willing/able to change his style of play. It's not that he wasn't given a chance to adapt, its that he couldn't/didn't seem to want to adapt with the chances that he was given.

I have no hard feelings towards him, I honestly think that its great that he's found success for himself...I just don't see him as "the one that got away" because I don't think that he was ever going to do it here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i'm not goign to lie, i fucking loved vitti.
    he and santos would've had the most creative attacks in the league.
    I guess I can come out of the closet as well. I would have liked him to stay here at least another season, just to see if he progressed (maybe at a little lower salary though).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've been saying this for awhile..
    what roogsy is to dero, i am to vitti.

i thought the man was creative on the ball and had a good first touch, but he really did need more time in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i've been saying this for awhile..
    what roogsy is to dero, i am to vitti.

i thought the man was creative on the ball and had a good first touch, but he really did need more time in the league.
    You have 'I Love Pablo' tattood across your chest?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't just that Vitti got knocked off the ball too easily, its that he consistently made bad decisions with the ball. Without knowing anything at all about the Peruvian league, based on the fact that Vittie has been successfull there I'm going to guess that its a league where players have more time and space with the ball (closer to Serie A than the Prem for example).

Here, he was able to make a nice first move because that's when he typically had the most time/space to opperate, but as soon as defenders pressured him and took away his space he was lost...he'd trying to break them down 1 v 1 and end up losing the ball while dribbling and/or making a bad pass under pressure.

Our league didn't suit his style of play and in the 30 or so games that he played here he didn't show that he was willing/able to change his style of play. It's not that he wasn't given a chance to adapt, its that he couldn't/didn't seem to want to adapt with the chances that he was given.

I have no hard feelings towards him, I honestly think that its great that he's found success for himself...I just don't see him as "the one that got away" because I don't think that he was ever going to do it here.
    i think Vitti would have succeeded in MLS, if he didn't played for a dysfunctional team that clearly had no idea what to do with him. both cummins and JC had no idea what to do with Vitti, as he kept shuffled around positions hoping that he sticks somewhere, and rarely in his natural AMC/2nd striker role

i think Vitti would be a hard fit in MLS, but I do think he would have done well in his natural role being able to play with some players who can hold the ball and create space for Vitti to his thing. he kept running into people because well, he got the ball a lot when the opposition was set when i think he's better on counters and during transitions when the opposition defence isn't set, and there are gaps for him to exploit.

in MLS today, I think Vitti would do well with NYRB or Seattle, both teams having good systems but could use Vitti's flair in offence
    Last edited by Yohan; 12-30-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ that's possible, as a 2nd/withdrawn striker. I don't think he would have made it as a AM who had to carry the ball, but maybe he could have done something playing off a traditional center-forward who held up the ball for him, where he could focus on his first touch and firing on goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ that's possible, as a 2nd/withdrawn striker. I don't think he would have made it as a AM who had to carry the ball, but maybe he could have done something playing off a traditional center-forward who held up the ball for him, where he could focus on his first touch and firing on goal.
    or a team that has enough technical skill to play really fast one touch football

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nestease View Post
    Many websites have reported his salary at $30,000 a week/$600,000 a year/$1.8 million over 3 years.
    good for him, glad he's found a place where his style of play works.

I hope de ro doesn't notice his pay cheque.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Oh Vitti. Never will forget when he thought he scored his first goal and ripped off his shirt, only to have the linesman rule him offside and have the ref show him a yellow.
    A legit goal that probably kept his lack of self-confidence in full force. They call that a goal, which it was, and he scores 6-10 that season, changes the face of it.

Bold statement until you consider that he's a very flighty guy, just like Cunny. If he thinks he's gone to hell -- and since being dropped from the Argentine U-21 starting lineup, his national nickname has been "El Muerte", the dead -- he's not going to play well.

He got out of the spotlight and is succeeding again. Very talented guy but required too much patience for a 300K salary in MLS.
    Last edited by jloome; 12-30-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    You have 'I Love Pablo' tattood across your chest?
    my chest?

i wish!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He needed to play in Guevaras position or DeRos.

Simply too many cooks in the kitchen. He did have a horrible finish here and he had many, many chances to score.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    He did have a horrible finish here and he had many, many chances to score.
    many which were off only by a cunt hair. on an another day (or century lol) and a little bit of luck, would have hit the corner of the net

-Eduardo Galeano

Mikey

His pouty headshot on the giant screen during team call was one of the game highlights......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He tried hard (sometimes) which is better than a lot of the douches that have played here but he was and is, complete crap

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    He tried hard (sometimes) which is better than a lot of the douches that have played here but he was and is, complete crap
    lol. this comment is funny

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    Simply too many cooks in the kitchen. He did have a horrible finish here and he had many, many chances to score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    many which were off only by a cunt hair. on an another day (or century lol) and a little bit of luck, would have hit the corner of the net
    it takes awhile to get settled. in his age above all else.
    keep in mind we also said the same thing about one C. Barrett.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sure he was the one that was shit while he was here?

IMHO biggest waste of talent in TFC's short history. Under utilized and could have developed into something great. That said he was 300k of cap space wasted though. Not worth what he was getting paid.

I hope he does well...