Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cochrane - Void Dero's Contract

DeRosario made Earl Cochrane look like an idiot when Cochrane said Dero would not be trialing with any Club and today he shows up trialing with Celtic. I don't think the fans will want Dero back. Cochrane has to either void his contract or trade him for a 4th round draft choice. At this point, I don't want to see Dero at TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendrith View Post
    DeRosario made Earl Cochrane look like an idiot when Cochrane said Dero would not be trialing with any Club and today he shows up trialing with Celtic. I don't think the fans will want Dero back. Cochrane has to either void his contract or trade him for a 4th round draft choice. At this point, I don't want to see Dero at TFC.
    Or resign?

It's a little early to make up your mind about what's going on here, isn't it? Can we really say that TFC has always been 100% truthful with everyone they've dealt with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cochrane or TFC can't do anything, they don't own the contract. MLS does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS will follow the wishes of TFC on player transactions.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing is you don't know 100% what happened so I don't think this is fair to say. IF he did completely go on his own without TFC FO knowing, than sure. However, as I mentioned in the other thread, I find it odd that knowing the way MLS works, that Celtic would take a guy on trail who they KNOW is on contract with another team, without the other team knowing it. Maybe they did, but seems unlikely to me.
    So until the full truth comes u (if it ever will), than I think its a bit early to be saying this. For all we know Cochrane DID he him permission and is just doing this to make DeRo look bad. Do I think that happened? No, but I don't think its impossible either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Or resign?

It's a little early to make up your mind about what's going on here, isn't it? Can we really say that TFC has always been 100% truthful with everyone they've dealt with?
    Why would Cochrane lie about Dero being a trialist when its about to become public information? So he can look stupid? To make MLSE look incompetent? If he did lie then what was the objective?

As to things Cochrane can do: Nothing. But really, can he do any worse than Dero becoming absolutely hated by his home town? Dero will be run out of town if this is true. He will never be welcome back. Ever. Even Roogsy would have a hard time defending Dero if he did this without TFC's knowledge. He turned his back on the club and the city, and the city and club will do the same. I guess it always was a mercenaries destiny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Bhoy View Post
    the thing is you don't know 100% what happened so I don't think this is fair to say. IF he did completely go on his own without TFC FO knowing, than sure. However, as I mentioned in the other thread, I find it odd that knowing the way MLS works, that Celtic would take a guy on trail who they KNOW is on contract with another team, without the other team knowing it. Maybe they did, but seems unlikely to me.
    So until the full truth comes u (if it ever will), than I think its a bit early to be saying this. For all we know Cochrane DID he him permission and is just doing this to make DeRo look bad. Do I think that happened? No, but I don't think its impossible either.
    Cause, as was mentioned, TFC doesn't own Deros contract, MLS does. God knows they do their share of tampering around teams, I don't think we need to go through all the examples. Either way, didn't Dero HIMSELF deny this the other day? If he wasn't doing anything wrong by going on the trial, why did HE lie about it?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say void it and boo him out of BMO Field.
    A large banner, perhaps with DeRos face on it, money signs on his eyes, and "We Dont Need You" written on it?
    In any case, I pray his trial fails AND we void his contract. This has made me lose any amount of respect I had for him. He's the captain ffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I saw last night's FSC Soccer Report say that Celtic had never heard of TFC's DeRosario until the rumours of him being associated with Celtic emerged.

Celtic now have asked for video of DeRosario, but that's it as far as anyone is saying.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    A large banner, perhaps with DeRos face on it, money signs on his eyes, and "We Dont Need You" written on it?
    In any case, I pray his trial fails AND we void his contract. This has made me lose any amount of respect I had for him. He's the captain ffs.
    Really, we don't need the guy who scored nearly 50% of our goals?
    Without DeRo's skills this year, we would have finished dead last in the league...

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't void the contract... GET SOMETHING FOR HIM!

If he's going to leave anyway don't walk away empty handed. Get a transfer fee for him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's replaceable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    Any player can move to another club as long as the other club has permission to approach the player. The question is compensation.

If DeRosario was going on loan to Celtic, do you really think Earl Cochrane has any say in it, or would have any ground to stand on to comment about it? I do believe he holds the interim title, which pretty much means that he is someone else's patsy, be it Richard Peddie or Anselmi or Klinsmann, Earl Cochrane holds no say about any of those matters.

If this is an official approach by Celtic, I'm sure it will be for depth and an offer to loan him.

If other clubs in the SPL do approach for DeRosario; DeRosario's skill and athleticism in the SPL, would be comparable to Scott Parker's from West Ham in the BPL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Don't void the contract... GET SOMETHING FOR HIM!

If he's going to leave anyway don't walk away empty handed. Get a transfer fee for him.
    absolutely.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post
    Without DeRo's skills this year, we would have finished dead last in the league...
    What you, and all others who make that same argument, are assuming, is that nobody would be brought in for the $. That somehow, TFC would be content with playing with only Chad in the front.

We don't know where they would have been with someone else in place (because that is trully what would have happened). What we do know, is we didn't make the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voiding his contract is the last thing they should do.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Voiding his contract is the last thing they should do.
    I agree voiding his contract would be the STUPIDEST they could do. They would have to pay him severence and lose the ability of where he can go. If he wants to go to Celtic make it a full transfer and make some money on him. I am not saying we could do better because an MLS all star at 300K is a pretty good deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Cause, as was mentioned, TFC doesn't own Deros contract, MLS does. God knows they do their share of tampering around teams, I don't think we need to go through all the examples. ?
    Please do give us some examples.

I've been following the league closely since 1995 (yes one year before they kicked a ball) and the league has been very fair considering the management structure.

How some of you come up with these random statements is beyond me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    What you, and all others who make that same argument, are assuming, is that nobody would be brought in for the $. That somehow, TFC would be content with playing with only Chad in the front.

We don't know where they would have been with someone else in place (because that is trully what would have happened). What we do know, is we didn't make the playoffs.
    Maurice Edu = $5 million(some which went to MLS)

What did we get for him?

Grass------>Happy DeRosario------>DeGuzman------>Angry DeRosario.

The question has always been where's the compensation for DeRosario? He was always been the best option for the club and he has performed better than he has in the past 2 seasons before joining TFC. The man is due.

A little off track from the thread topic, shit is going to hit the fan when DeGuzman is either let go or "when" he is disgruntled with TFC. I think this year. Mark my words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post
    Exactly!!!

Without De Ro how many points would this team have finsihed with? Does anyone have the time to look this up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BASE View Post

I've been following the league closely since 1995 (yes one year before they kicked a ball) and the league has been very fair considering the management structure.

I'm at work so I can't do the research to give all examples, but the ones that that leap to mind are McBride going to Chicago, and Dero coming to Toronto. Plus the looking the other way over Seattle tampering before they came into MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also- where are these people who I've never seen posting on these boards coming from? It seems like the only people defending Dero are people I don't recognize. Not even Roogsy is defending him here. Where were you guys when TFC didn't show up in NYC a year and a half ago (and where was Dero)? Where were you guys when TFC couldn't buy a goal over long stretches of time? Where were you guys when Dero did such a distracting selfish post goal celebration that the other team scored seconds after play resumed? Everyone keeps talking about how terrible TFC would be without Dero- late breaking news: TFC is terrible WITH Dero!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. I am thankful the majority of you guys don't run TFC. Whether DeRo Signs a LT contract or a loan deal or nothing with Celtic, I applaude him for being as good as he is to deserve this recognition. He has not turned his back on anyone yet.

Wait and see how it all plays out, and if he comes back to us, welcome him and cheer him on to help lead our team to glory.

At the end of the day it all about the badge and the players that wear it, DeRo or not. Remember he is our leading goal scorer in our history and has arguably won us more games than any other player.

Have a little respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BASE View Post

Ex.1. The Beckham Rule- Giving a team a chance to sign a "DP" player that would not count against the cap. (L.A. Galaxy)

Ex.2. The 2nd DP Rule- Allowing teams to sign a second DP player. Galaxy wanted to hold onto the chosen one, Landon Donovan, by giving him a DP contract.(L.A. Galaxy)

Ex.3. TFC's International Slots- Massive advantage given to TFC thanks to MO because he couldn't do his job in Canada.(Toronto FC)

Ex.4. DeRosario to TFC for Julian James and a 3rd Round Pick? No explanation needed.(Toronto FC)

Ex.5. The 3rd DP Rule- So that NYRB could sign Thierry Henry, Marquez and Juan Pablo Angel as DP's.(NYRedBulls)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razcle View Post
    Wow. I am thankful the majority of you guys don't run TFC. Whether DeRo Signs a LT contract or a loan deal or nothing with Celtic, I applaude him for being as good as he is to deserve this recognition. He has not turned his back on anyone yet.

Wait and see how it all plays out, and if he comes back to us, welcome him and cheer him on to help lead our team to glory.

At the end of the day it all about the badge and the players that wear it, DeRo or not. Remember he is our leading goal scorer in our history and has arguably won us more games than any other player.

Have a little respect.

He went behind the club's back and went on trial with Celtic. Our GM was not informed or contacted about this.

If he informed the club and got permission I would have no issue with it. I have no issue with any athlete trying to play at the highest level and make the most money they can. But to do this without TFC's permission is not the way to go about it.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a little respect.
    AMEN Razcle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    He went behind the club's back and went on trial with Celtic. Our GM was not informed or contacted about this.

If he informed the club and got permission I would have no issue with it. I have no issue with any athlete trying to play at the highest level and make the most money they can. But to do this without TFC's permission is not the way to go about it.
    Our "interim" GM. Or has it been made official? Does anyone know what's going on with this team? Are trials cleared by the team, or does the league hold the contract? Or does the consultant have a say? Are the league and TFC on speaking terms after Garber had to come and straighten out the MLS Cup fiasco MLSE created?

This team is looking more like "Major League" every day. It really is a comedy routine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a little respect.
    Did you read the official statement from TFC ?

People earn respect by their actions and honouring their commitments. Dero has a contract with TFC/MLS and did not seek approval for the trial. If he did, that would be a different story but in this case he is 100% wrong.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Our "interim" GM. Or has it been made official? Does anyone know what's going on with this team? Are trials cleared by the team, or does the league hold the contract? Or does the consultant have a say? Are the league and TFC on speaking terms after Garber had to come and straighten out the MLS Cup fiasco MLSE created?

This team is looking more like "Major League" every day. It really is a comedy routine.
    Interim or not, DeRo's agent knows how to get in touch with Earl Cochrane. It's pretty clear DeRo or his agent did not contact him.

He needs permission from the club. If TFC decided they would let him go the negotiation would take place between the MLS and Celtic. MLS can't just pluck players off teams and sell them or send them out on loan at will without talking to the club. You don't think this is really how it works do you?
    Last edited by Suds; 12-28-2010 at 11:12 AM.