Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Please do, haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Gentlemen, our club is now the laughingstock of the league. Less than 24 hours after TFC specifically denies DeRo trialling with Celtic we're now looking at exactly that! Did DeRo take matters in his own hands and arrange the trail by himself. Did TFC and the league try to keep it under wraps before making the announcement themselves? Both scenarios are equally plausible.

But aside from all that, here's the one fundamental issue that needs to be addressed. Just how bad are things going at the club right now between management and the players? The "revolving door" is a term that hasn't been used a lot in recent months, but is this yet another sign of exactly that?

Looking at things logically, it doesn't make sense for an individual to burn his bridges in such a way just for the sake of a trial. Nothing is guaranteed for DeRo in Scotland, but if he did all this without the club or league's consent, then he has basically given up any hope to play for Toronto again and could be facing a hefty league fine.
    I'm glad I didn't renew for next season, this club is a complete and utter shambles. TFC's statement yesterday, and then the news today? Total lack of professionalism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The should go after both DeRo and Celtic through FIFA channels. This amounts to a tap up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need to be upset. Just trade his ass. Simple as that. It should be the same if Dan Gargan tried to unleash himself on another league, without team permission.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    No need to be upset. Just trade his ass. Simple as that. It should be the same if Dan Gargan tried to unleash himself on another league, without team permission.
    lol

I wish we had a team of Dan Gargans, hard working guys, low salary, who actually want to prove themselves and be successful.

For some reason, anyone who's a goalscorer is seen as this egoistic, money hungry player, and all the defenders are the hard working down to earth guys. We can find high scoring players who are also humble, so perhaps we need a team of Gargans and Canns up front too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo = Yashin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope DeRo knows how to sign resignations too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This ship is sinking................ fast!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry guys, we still have Jurgen as quasi-GM lol

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    I just hope DeRo knows how to sign resignations too...
    But doesn't this lead you to think there's more to this than DeRo simply trialling with Celtic without the club's permission? Anyone with half a brain cell would have known they'd be in serious trouble doing so.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has treated Dero like it treats the fans - like crap. I'm quite enjoying Dero giving MLSE a taste of their own medicine. Don't necessarily agree with his actions however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I like De Ro, I have a hard time believing he'd be a lock on a starting position anywhere in europe. He is a free spirited forward/mid that would probably have a hard time fitting into a structured system that wasn't built around him.

I think there is a lot more to this story than is being reported. Just a sneaking suspicion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a Celtic fan just decided to voice my opinion on this matter.

You can't blame him for wanting to come to Celtic? He's only on £5,250 a week at Toronto - not very big for your 'best and most prized' player..

As well as that comes the chance to show off his worth on the European stage - which some player can only dream of. North American football isn't any where up to the standard of European football. Playing in front of 60,000 fans at Celtic Park is one of the many lures to players.

What I am however concerned about is how the Toronto board deny allowing 'DeRo' a trial at Celtic. Celtic are a established club with great responsibilities and roots and it is not in our nature to tap up players. What I think is more likely to have happened is that there was some sort of rift whether to let the player go or not to Celtic and the decision was given but came under fire from fans so this theory was introduced?

Hopefully nothing illegal happened during this trial..
    Your thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    TFC has treated Dero like it treats the fans - like crap. I'm quite enjoying Dero giving MLSE a taste of their own medicine. Don't necessarily agree with his actions however.
    You mean trading for him after he begged to come here for 2 years, giving him a contract extension/more money, bringing in some of his buddies to play with him, making him the face of the franchise and setting him up with all sorts of advertising opportunities? Ya, I'd hate to be treated like that too

Edit: ^^^ No-one blames him for wanting to go to Celtic. I think everyone would love to see him get transfered there. The issue is that hes trialing without notifying the club despite being under contract for 2 years

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    TFC has treated Dero like it treats the fans - like crap.
    IF dero is gone, I wouldn't hold any of this against him.

Just because the ship is sinking, it doesn't make him a rat for refusing to go down with it.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    You mean trading for him after he begged to come here for 2 years,

wait.... what?

he was kinda busy in Houston ... you know... winning trophies.

let's not revise history here, DeRo was luke-warm to coming here in the beginning. He did come, but he sure wasn't begging.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CELTIC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tfc

good for you DERO, but please, dont let him LEAVE US!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHO CARES!

In a league that owns each player and not the team there is nothing to whine or be surprised about!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and his contract runs out at the end of 2011 contrary to many saying he has 2 years to run. Celtic will only pay £100,000 for him no more in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and DERO is now trending on twitter in Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just can't understand how a player under contract would do this without some sort of permission. Aside from the legal aspects - the insurance/injury implications alone would be simply mind blowing.

A short term loan say until March/April may be both a positive and negative for TFC. Look at Landon last year, no one can argue it didn't improve him heading into the World Cup. That said Landon was burnt out by August/September and basically dead by October/early November.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendrith View Post
    If DeRosario went on Trial without TFC permission, I hope this is grounds to void his contract. We didn't pay much to get him and if we get nothing now, I'm o.k. with that.
    Ya, get rid of almost half our goals - I'm NOT ok with that...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    Just because the ship is sinking, it doesn't make him a rat for refusing to go down with it.
    No, but it does with the manner he's doing it in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cereal View Post
    No, but it does with the manner he's doing it in.

Again, completely assuming TFC/FO/MLS did not know.
    Why is the player the LIAR and not the club?

I don't know who is lying, but I do know everyone (including me to some extend) were really quick to jump on Dero and blame him.

As others have said, would Celtic really be that stupid to accept him on a trial if they didn't know something we don't?!?!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BASE View Post
    I just can't understand how a player under contract would do this without some sort of permission. Aside from the legal aspects - the insurance/injury implications alone would be simply mind blowing.

and yet, it happens all the time!

when people talk about 'breaking contract' and all that..... it happens every year in sports. There is no contract without a buy-out clause (at least not in sports). The idea that DeRo would continue to play for TFC because a contract he signed with MoJo (that ended up being dishonest from the very start) is laughable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand this shortsighted maneuver at all. If DeRo or his agent had considered his life after football they would have simply requested prior approval from management to trial with Celtic. I'm sure TFC would have obliged given that the precedent has been set under similar circumstances in the past.

Now his popularity is plummeting which will have a deterimental affect on his ability to market himself in his hometown after he retires. In the interim, his endorsement deals will be in jeopardy as well. Had he gone about this professionally he could have returned after his retirement and opened up a youth soccer academy in Toronto or something along those lines.

DeRo has now portrayed himself as the villain locally and it won't be forgotten. It's a shame because it didn't need to transpire like this...
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 12-28-2010 at 12:28 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    I don't know who is lying, but I do know everyone (including me to some extend) were really quick to jump on Dero and blame him.

people feel hurt because of our emotional attachment to the team,

having said that..... our team isn't being run well (understatement) and most of us can see that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    DeRo has now portrayed himself as the villain locally and it won't be forgotten.

But people always forgive the hometown boys, especially when it comes out the part that the big, bad MLSE played in this.

we can hate bosh, carter, turku..... but deep inside, we know that DeRo was being wronged (or at least anyone who's been folowing this team can see it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amc View Post
    I'm a Celtic fan just decided to voice my opinion on this matter.

You can't blame him for wanting to come to Celtic? He's only on £5,250 a week at Toronto - not very big for your 'best and most prized' player..

As well as that comes the chance to show off his worth on the European stage - which some player can only dream of. North American football isn't any where up to the standard of European football. Playing in front of 60,000 fans at Celtic Park is one of the many lures to players.

What I am however concerned about is how the Toronto board deny allowing 'DeRo' a trial at Celtic. Celtic are a established club with great responsibilities and roots and it is not in our nature to tap up players. What I think is more likely to have happened is that there was some sort of rift whether to let the player go or not to Celtic and the decision was given but came under fire from fans so this theory was introduced?

Hopefully nothing illegal happened during this trial..
    Your thoughts?

You probably have a completely different idea of what a team's "board" is than we have at TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, it seems with the front office in shambles that there is no chain of command. So im sure he went off on his own. It would be great to see him play at Celtic Park....for a fee.

but mostly, at least he's staying in shape.