Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HERE IS TFC's RESPONSE

Tuesday morning reports from the UK press revealed that Toronto FC captain Dwayne De Rosario is on trial in Scotland with Celtic, alongside former Swedish international Freddie Ljungberg.

The news arrives despite the Reds insisting a day earlier that De Rosario was not going on trial.

In light of the reports, Toronto issued the following statement on Tuesday:

"We were unaware of Dwayne's plan to train with Celtic and we will contact them to understand the situation. Obviously, if there is interest in a short term loan arrangement by either him or Celtic, they will need to approach us and the League formally and we will consider based on what is in TFC's best interest."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The worst part is he'll be on the bench the whole time.
    What a waste

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post
    Who wouldn't want to take the opportunity to have a chance to play with a Top Club, rather then a minor league one... Lets face it, MLS Soccer is great but it's still the minor leagues compared to any other European top flight league.. But I think what everyone is failing to see is that Celtic are more concerned with trying to sign Ljunberg then they are Dero..
    We should be enthused that a top club like Celtic is letting DeRO TRAIN and and I repeat "TRAIN" with them for a week.. It can't hurt to get some top coaching tips from club like this...
    I don't begrudge him the opportunity. If he'd notified the club I'd be ecstatic- check the rumour thread that was up yesterday, what I posted about how it'd be great for everyone if Dero could go to a big club and TFC could make some cash and move to rebuild and get younger. I dont like him lying TO ME (which he did with his denial of the trial) and NOT TELLING THE CLUB. Or worse, lying to them. This is his HOME TOWN TEAM. If this doesn't say something large about his character then I don't know what will. I'm done ranting on this after one last thing.

I'm 25 years old. I've been a die hard fan of literally every Toronto sports team since I was 2 or 3 years old (seriously. The FIRST thing I did coming home from the hospital after being born was watch the Jays clinch that first AL East title). There isn't even a comparison to what Dero has done here. Vince Carter didn't do SHIT compared to Dero. I finally forgave Vince last year after he bricked 2 HUGE free throws and disgraced himself on an international stage. I don't think I'll ever forgive this me-first whining egotistical piece of shit for how he stabbed his HOMETOWN TEAM in the back. I hope he dies in a fire. I wouldn't cheer for him again if he was playing for Canada, let alone TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no excuse for it. This is not like interviewing for a job by the way while you are in a job...there is nothing wrong with that...this is like going to work for another organization/company during your vacation. It is incredibly wrong for both him and for Celtic to agree to have him there. Maybe it was a language issue and there was miscommunication between MLS and Celtic lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    HERE IS TFC's RESPONSE

Tuesday morning reports from the UK press revealed that Toronto FC captain Dwayne De Rosario is on trial in Scotland with Celtic, alongside former Swedish international Freddie Ljungberg.

The news arrives despite the Reds insisting a day earlier that De Rosario was not going on trial.

"We were unaware of Dwayne's plan to train with Celtic and we will contact them to understand the situation. Obviously, if there is interest in a short term loan arrangement by either him or Celtic, they will need to approach us and the League formally and we will consider based on what is in TFC's best interest."

I actually like and respect that statement...no BS...calling it like it is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HERE IS TFC's RESPONSE

The response doesn't offer much, other than it sounds like the front office has no clue what was/is going on. IF DeRo and his agent did not seek club approval before then I have a problem with that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, if Celtic gets wind of what's going on, they might just drop him to avoid controversy.

Can't FIFA sanction in-contract, illegal transfers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo's agent if he didn't tell the club or MLS is a dumbass.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCin110 View Post
    The response doesn't offer much, other than it sounds like the front office has no clue what was/is going on. IF DeRo and his agent did not seek club approval before then I have a problem with that.
    That's exactly how I read the response from the club.

Players are supposed to notify their club if they want to trail with another club. They need permission to do so or they violate their contract.

DeRo went behind TFC's back. Their is no other way to look at this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point it really makes you wonder if this Front Office not knowing what's going on has anything to do with them not being able to find a GM or coach to come in and try and run things. Whoever does come in, it's going to be a huge job.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    Yeah, if Celtic gets wind of what's going on, they might just drop him to avoid controversy.

Can't FIFA sanction in-contract, illegal transfers?
    If MLS/TFC files a complaint. I do not believe they initiate this on their own.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I don't know at all, I could be COMPLETELY wrong as some of these things with contracts and the league owning them etc, i get really confused with.
    But isn't it possible that perhaps Celtic and DeRos agent talked with MLS and not TFC and that MLS didn't get in touch with TFC about it?
    Sorry if this sounds stupid, I really have no idea how it all works, just thinking that could be a possibility or am i completely wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as we get (a little more than) something in return, I say all the best DeRo and thanks for the memories.

Time to spend some money on South & Central American players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Bhoy View Post
    Now I don't know at all, I could be COMPLETELY wrong as some of these things with contracts and the league owning them etc, i get really confused with.
    But isn't it possible that perhaps Celtic and DeRos agent talked with MLS and not TFC and that MLS didn't get in touch with TFC about it?
    Sorry if this sounds stupid, I really have no idea how it all works, just thinking that could be a possibility or am i completely wrong?
    It's not stupid. It's possible, but it defies all common sense. I would also assume that TFC checked with the league to see if they had any clue.

I'm sure when the spin doctors arrive they will allude to something such as this happening and place the blame anywhere but on DeRo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has the workings of MoJo written all over it. Celtic were recommended DeRo from someone....is that someone MoJo? one final screwing over of TFC from him?
    Last edited by Nuvinho; 12-28-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Bhoy View Post
    You know MLS, they are so slow at doing everything. They could of figured that TFC is off because of Christmas and Boxing day, so left a message on their general mailbox...haha!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's done. There's no coming back from this ever. No place on the wall, no job with the club when he retires. If he comes back to BMO for anything, give him the treatment reserved for cunningham etc. All he had to do was clear it with the club and this wouldn't have been much of an issue. It would have given him the extra money he was looking for without us having to give him DP staus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's Pantomime season but but boy oh boy this is classic TFC farce

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW JUST WOW

WHAT A DUMB ASS

He could get plenty of endorsements here vs NOTHING in Scotland am I wrong?
    How much more does he plan to make there???
    Way to say F OF to the Home Fans
    Is he going on our wall of honour?

I thought you had class DeRo I guess your an ass and a zero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TFC front office has been on extended holidays since November 21st.

Somewhere in the TFC offices there lies a fax seeking permission. Let us not forget how inept this organization has been on the soccer side since 2006. There is and has been very little loyalty and integrity within TFC (a big thanks to MoJo for this) so I don't blame De Ro looking out for himself and his family.

That said TFC has done an excellent job at selling beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    This has the workings of MoJo written all over it. Celtic were recommended DeRo from someone....is that someone MoJo? one final screwing over of TFC from him?
    + fucking 1

i just sat here thinking of that saying .. no fucking way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not stupid. It's possible, but it defies all common sense. I would also assume that TFC checked with the league to see if they had any clue.

I'm sure when the spin doctors arrive they will allude to something such as this happening and place the blame anywhere but on DeRo.
    There is no spinning left. Dero has shown himself to be not very bright and classless. I for one, and I am sure many of you here do as well, understand the pressure of having to support a family etc. But this guy has taking it to an incredible extreme where he is risking what is certain for the dream of the possible. He is getting bad advice that is for sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BASE View Post

Somewhere in the TFC offices there lies a fax seeking permission. Let us not forget how inept this organization has been on the soccer side since 2006. There is and has been very little loyalty and integrity within TFC (a big thanks to MoJo for this) so I don't blame De Ro looking out for himself and his family.

Really? You have proof of this?

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gentlemen, our club is now the laughingstock of the league. Less than 24 hours after TFC specifically denies DeRo trialling with Celtic we're now looking at exactly that! Did DeRo take matters in his own hands and arrange the trail by himself. Did TFC and the league try to keep it under wraps before making the announcement themselves? Both scenarios are equally plausible.

But aside from all that, here's the one fundamental issue that needs to be addressed. Just how bad are things going at the club right now between management and the players? The "revolving door" is a term that hasn't been used a lot in recent months, but is this yet another sign of exactly that?

Looking at things logically, it doesn't make sense for an individual to burn his bridges in such a way just for the sake of a trial. Nothing is guaranteed for DeRo in Scotland, but if he did all this without the club or league's consent, then he has basically given up any hope to play for Toronto again and could be facing a hefty league fine.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 12-28-2010 at 11:19 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somewhere in the TFC offices there lies a fax seeking permission.
    Well if it wasn't responded to he shouldn't fucking be there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo Trialling With Celtic - And TFC is Blindsided

http://tinyurl.com/3888lta

One day after TFC denies that Captain Dwayne De Rosario is going to trial at Glasgow Celtic, low and behold DeRo shows up there today. What this might all mean for DeRo, TFC and the as yet incomplete Front Office.

Comments are always welcome and of course always appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please. This is something that would come from roogsy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Gentlemen, our club is now the laughingstock of the league. Less than 24 hours after TFC specifically denies DeRo trialling with Celtic we're now looking at exactly that! Did DeRo take matters in his own hands and arrange the trail by himself. Did TFC and the league try to keep it under wraps before making the announcement themselves? Both scenarios are equally plausible.

But aside from all that, here's the one fundamental issue that needs to be addressed. Just how bad are things going at the club right now between management and the players? The "revolving door" is a term that hasn't been used a lot in recent months, but is this yet another sign of exactly that?
    You mean last week we weren't already the laughingstock of the league? lol. The worst part now is we may start getting pity from other clubs fans. I'd rather be hated and made fun of

i'm easy to find, i'll be at the bottom having fun!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didnt read the whole thread so sorry if this has been mentioned.
    IMO no MLS team would pay Dero the money he wants cause he wasnt a threat to leave the league, he was an MLS lifer!! Now he's a threat to go elsewhere and probably just jockeying for a better negotiation position.

He's already accomplished pretty much all he can in MLS so i dont see the problem with him now looking for a payday, especially at his age

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont be so naive, for sure the club knows exactly whats happening!