0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Official - Dero on trial with CELTIC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so either Earl Cochrane lied to the fans or Dero did this without letting the team know.

it has to be either one or the other

Last edited by deltox; 12-28-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really tired of the whole DeRo drama now...and by the way I doubt he'd earn anymore over there than he does here... At the very least if he is a Toronto player on 2011 take the captaincy away from him...would rather have a player like Cann as captain..
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya this whole debacle is pretty crazy. Is he doing it without telling anyone at TFC? Did TFC just lie? Does ANYONE know whats going on over there?!

Gotta say the thing I'm most upset about isn't even TFC related, but after seeing that pic I am in shock that Ljundberg is wearing #7! I know he isn't officially on the team yet, but he still doesn't deserve to even train in #7! Sorry I know thats not DeRo related, I just couldn't resist lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This whole situation is strange.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Bhoy View Post
    ya this whole debacle is pretty crazy. Is he doing it without telling anyone at TFC? Did TFC just lie? Does ANYONE know whats going on over there?!

Gotta say the thing I'm most upset about isn't even TFC related, but after seeing that pic I am in shock that Ljundberg is wearing #7! I know he isn't officially on the team yet, but he still doesn't deserve to even train in #7! Sorry I know thats not DeRo related, I just couldn't resist lol
    The numbers are in relation to what number the shirt is in the training kit inventory so they know if anything goes missing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sportsnetsoccer

DeRosario on trial with Celtic without permisson from TFC. The **** is about to hit the fan. GD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ives tweet says move would be permanent if he impresses.

http://twitter.com/#!/SoccerByIves

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Dwayne is not going on trial with Celtic or any other club,” Cochrane told MLSsoccer.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCin110 View Post
    “Dwayne is not going on trial with Celtic or any other club,” Cochrane told MLSsoccer.com
    Seems like Earl was bamboozled.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He better hope to hell he makes the Celtic squad... if he doesn't im not so sure he'll have a warm reception back here in TFC land.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If DeRosario went on Trial without TFC permission, I hope this is grounds to void his contract. We didn't pay much to get him and if we get nothing now, I'm o.k. with that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster_TFC View Post
    sportsnetsoccer

DeRosario on trial with Celtic without permisson from TFC. The **** is about to hit the fan. GD

If that is true, that would be the end of those wanting prove he's not living up to his contract while asking to renogotiate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    He better hope to hell he makes the Celtic squad... if he doesn't im not so sure he'll have a warm reception back here in TFC land.
    I was thinking the same. This is a big Holiday FU from DeRo.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine if he gets hurt? I am sure that would void his TFC contract....DeRo is playing with fire here financially as well.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring Back Amado Guevara!!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow i fhe straight out just went and didn't inform anyone or his agent didn't talk to TFC about it, thats pretty brutal. No idea if its true or not, but IF it is true, that that is a pretty dirty move by DeRo I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    so either Earl Cochrane lied to the fans or Dero did this without letting the team know.

it has to be either one or the other

What a joke. These pics appear less than 24 hours after Cochrane assured supporters that DeRo is not going on trial with Celtic or any other club for that matter. I doubt Cochrane would lie to the media knowing it would blow up in his face. On the other hand, how could DeRo possibly be training on Celtic ground without TFC being aware of it?! In any case, TFC controls DeRo's rights while he is under contract so I would assume that DeRo went on trial of his own volition. Perhaps he is intent on forcing his way out of town.

I must say, the relationship between DeRo and TFC front office appears to be severely dysfunctional at this point and now the interim general manager has been ridiculed publicly. I don't foresee a happy ending folks...
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 12-28-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he were to leave TFC now, i could see all teams banding together in MLS and refusing to sign him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doesn't make sense for Earl to give such a categorical denial if in fact he knew DeRo was over there, it would serve no useful purpose. Seems to me this is a wildcat action on DeRo's part.

It's shocking to me that anybody would give him a trial at his age, so this is probably the last chance DeRo would have to play in Europe. Not surprising he would do the trial with or without permission even at risk of his current contract. I'm more concerned about what this may say about the state of affairs at the FO, and a leadership void. Not saying that Earl C is incompetent or such, but interims don't have the clout that a permanent GM has and at this point this uncertainty has to be unsettling the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since MLS owns the contract, they could probably void his contract and thus meaning he can't sign with any other team in MLS. So he better stick with Celtic or else, he'll have to go play in Moldova.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an unprofessional little dink.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF TFC didn't know, I agree with ALL of the above.
    For now, I'll wait and see rather than jump all over him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you Dero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I was thinking the same. This is a big Holiday FU from DeRo.
    It's been frustrating for four years watching a team this poorly managed, imagine being under contract to it? This doesn't seem like it's even about money anymore, this looks like a guy who wants to play for a professionally run team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a postitive noted, if anyone was worried that Cochrane might keep his GM job they can rest easy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    It's been frustrating for four years watching a team this poorly managed, imagine being under contract to it? This doesn't seem like it's even about money anymore, this looks like a guy who wants to play for a professionally run team.
    This looks like a self-centred guy that's in it for his benefit and his alone. I hope it works out for him over there, because if it doesn't he may have royally screwed himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a staunch supporter of DeRo in the past, I am extremely disappointed by this unorthodox maneuver and lack of professionalism on his part. I don't fault him for trying to earn a roster spot in Europe but he is violating the terms of his contract and seems impervious to the potential consequences regarding his future in Toronto.

As previously mentioned, at this point he better hope that he impresses Celtic enough so that a potential transfer can be negotiated with TFC. If not, I seriously doubt that he will be welcomed back by the front office after embarassing the organization.

It's quite possible that DeRo has played his last game for TFC...
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 12-28-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya I am not sure what happened as I don't know why Cochrane would have made such a public statement if he was over there. He would have known it would just make him look like a fool.
    On the other hand Celtic I think know how MLS works and knowing that he is under contact still, I don't see them taking him over on a trial without talking to TFC at all. That also seems unlikely to me.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, but also I think this is going to be a VERY VERY messy situation