Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Dero did this without notifying the club, that's it. I've been cordial with him since the summer, yes I like the guy as a player and I like that he's from Toronto. But this would be arguably the worst thing an athlete has ever done in Toronto. At least Colangelo knew Bosh probably wasn't coming back- even if it was too late. I will not support Dero even when he's cut from Celtic and comes back tail between legs. I will not support Dero even if he's wearing the Maple Leaf. Sorry roogs, but this is scum in my books. If he is ever again playing in BMO, I will be booing him.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If DeRo manages to convince Celtic to make a transfer offer to Toronto/MLS, then what's a reasonable offer for a 32 yr old player that wasn't even available? $200,000, $500,000? What if DeRo doesn't get an offer from Celtic? He comes back as our captain? I don't think so. Lots of drama to come. (and what the hell has klinnsman done lately?).
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    This looks like a self-centred guy that's in it for his benefit and his alone. I hope it works out for him over there, because if it doesn't he may have royally screwed himself.
    Well, it may be a case of both sides of this acting only in their own self-inteest, maybe it's two sides "made for each other."

But people have been complaining in this board for years about TFC's poor treatment of players. Now we have managment guys scrambling to keep their jobs (you can't blame them, it's got to be tough to go through this time of year waiting for the consultant in California to recommend if you should get to keep your job or not) and players not knowing who's running the team.

This is far too big a mess to blame one guy or to pick sides. MLSE may think that the world stops while they dither and try to figure out how to run a soccer team, but it doesn't.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An updated statement from TFC to come soon: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12...io-celtic-link

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traitor.
    Go fuck yourself.

We'll sign someone better than your selfish ass.
    This ain't your "hometown" anymore...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

torontofc

UK press has revealed De Rosario on trial w/ Celtic today. #TorontoFC to make statement shortly http://t.co/9Qj4VYl #MLS #TFC

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Celtic's going to take him I hope it's soon! We need to cut our losses and move on asap. The transfer window is pretty much here. I hope Earl/Jurgen are doing homework right now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow....what developments this morning....I wonder this TFC statement will say.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    Traitor.
    Go fuck yourself.

We'll sign someone better than your selfish ass.
    This ain't your "hometown" anymore...
    Really??? Care to name who is a better goalscorer over the past decade in MLS that we would sign...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post
    Really??? Care to name who is a better goalscorer over the past decade in MLS that we would sign...
    On that note, care to state why the hell TFC should let him walk away from his contractual obligations.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care who it is. Just gotta find someone.
    If we cannot sign any 15+ goalscorers, ever, then we are officially fubar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would Dero do this based on his weak character ? Yes
    Would TFC be incompetent not to know ? Yes

What I am puzzled by is why would Celtic do that ? I don't know much about the club but I would assume they are and wanted to be a respected organization. I am puzzled. But Dero, once again, you show that you are a desperate man...very sad.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    On that note, care to state why the hell TFC should let him walk away from his contractual obligations.
    He's not walking away, he's simply on a 1 week trail to train with a top European club... What's so wrong with that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just Cut Him.. let him go.
    Embarrass his ass more than he's doing right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero made 880k and scored 31 goals for us over his 'career' at TFC. That's almost 30 000 dollars a goal. Anyone got numbers on comparable strike rates per dollar? I have a feeling goals can come a LOT cheaper, a LOT younger, and with a LOT less of a douchefactor than this. And a LOT less drama. At least Lebron was a free agent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not walking away, he's simply on a 1 week trail to train with a top European club... What's so wrong with that...
    He lied about it to the city. He didn't notify the TEAM HE IS UNDER CONTRACT TO. If your boss found out you were interviewing for other jobs, would he be happy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhh...because it appears like he did it completely behind his club's back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you guys can all cherp cherp cherp but you actually know fuck all about his and TFC situation..

sick of all the know it all's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya...right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he came out and said to the club and the city.. look im trying my luck here for a week. see what happens. done
    nobody would be calling for his head or freaking out this bad.
    his own fault for causing a bigger shit storm.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's thousands of kids in South America who can do what he did. Our fucktard FO can't find um. Hopefully this new GM/coach will be able to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    you guys can all cherp cherp cherp but you actually know fuck all about his and TFC situation..

people are stating their opinions...its kind what this board is all about. if you dont want to see them, don't come onto the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is one hell of a confusing situation to say the least.

I hope Dwayne had more sense than to do this without any notification.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    He lied about it to the city. He didn't notify the TEAM HE IS UNDER CONTRACT TO. If your boss found out you were interviewing for other jobs, would he be happy?
    Who wouldn't want to take the opportunity to have a chance to play with a Top Club, rather then a minor league one... Lets face it, MLS Soccer is great but it's still the minor leagues compared to any other European top flight league.. But I think what everyone is failing to see is that Celtic are more concerned with trying to sign Ljunberg then they are Dero..
    We should be enthused that a top club like Celtic is letting DeRO TRAIN and and I repeat "TRAIN" with them for a week.. It can't hurt to get some top coaching tips from club like this...

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is kinda off-the-wall but...

I wonder if DeRo had a problem with Paul Mariner coming in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sick of Dero defenders. When Dero does something we all suspect was bad, we're know it alls. When Dero does something public we all know was bad, it's because of the club or because of his last club or because we fans are too fickle and don't appreciate a 'real footballer'. When does Dero take any responsibility for his actions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cochrane - "Dwayne don't go to trail with Celtic. There are lots of rumours that you are and the FO does not want you to go. I am going to make a statement to stop these rumours. We'll talk after Christmas."

Dwayne - "Ok."
    Dewayne's Agent - "Fuck TFC and Earl. Get you bags."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supporters are clearly frustrated by this unfortunate turn of events and rightfully so. The undeniable facts are that DeRo is on trial with Celtic after TFC front office vehemently denied it 24 hours earlier...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who wouldn't want to take the opportunity to have a chance to play with a Top Club, rather then a minor league one... Lets face it, MLS Soccer is great but it's still the minor leagues compared to any other European top flight league.. But I think what everyone is failing to see is that Celtic are more concerned with trying to sign Ljunberg then they are Dero..
    We should be enthused that a top club like Celtic is letting DeRO TRAIN and and I repeat "TRAIN" with them for a week.. It can't hurt to get some top coaching tips from club like this...
    It sure doesnt sound like Train, I repeat Train.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...858198?cc=5901

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are u fucking kidding me man? hahah "Top Coaching Tips" .. not hard to do from the internet...

its all good he's over there...
    all were saying is he's a fucking retarded douchbag for not telling his TEAM nor anyone affiliated.. ( we'll see what TFC says) ...
    he could have handled this way different