Page 29 of 87 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh man.... Le Toux got paid $122K and netted 14 goals.

There ARE options out there.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    That is football.

I am shocked that nobody sees that.

Look at Kaka and his move, Ronaldo too. They were all messy and I didnt see many people dumping all over their respective teams for the same reasons as we are here.

Is our front office in a state of repair after a damaging four years of Mo?

Yup.

I fail to see the point in laying blame on either side, this is way football negotiations work like it or leave it.
    Is it in a "state of repair," though? So far all we've seen is more of the same. This whole thing has been handled so badly it doesn't seem like anything is being repaired.

Where is our consultant in all this? What happened to all the plans about finding a style of play and bringing in the right people?

All those apologies and town hall meetings seem like so much marketing now. This has been the team's chance to show us that things have improved and instead they show us this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Creating cap space: good
    using cap space: bad
    we've brought in nathan sturgis and haven't made a DP contract for dero. his salary is a little under the cap space for players we've released..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    oh, and Jeff Cunningham had 11 goals for Dallas in 2010 at a cost of $230K

(but it's cunny, so fuck him!)

Are you trying to hurt us Mike?

Cunny and Casey...two former TFC players. OUCH! LOL!

Is it irony? Coincidence?

Funny enough, in one my many arguments with fellow soccer fans at Shoeless Joe's one night, someone mentioned how Cunny wouldn't cost us the same as DeRo so we all agreed that we should bring him back.

We must have been drunk that night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    oh man.... Le Toux got paid $122K and netted 14 goals.

There ARE options out there.
    le toux is an oddity, he sucked balls before and found new footing in philly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Where is our consultant in all this? What happened to all the plans about finding a style of play and bringing in the right people?
    The real irony will come if the consultant tells TFC that the style of play they should play includes having DeRo. What would they do then?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post

The same with Wondolowski who averaged something like 5 goals a year (as a STRIKER!) until he broke out last year.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Is it in a "state of repair," though? So far all we've seen is more of the same. This whole thing has been handled so badly it doesn't seem like anything is being repaired.

All those apologies and town hall meetings seem like so much marketing now. This has been the team's chance to show us that things have improved and instead they show us this.
    We do have reason to be cynical in all this, there is no denying that.

But this situation is its own mess IMO. Dero is being Dero and TFC are going to try and navigate through it.

I have concerns over the lack of visible progress on the management side, but the mess of the club left by Mo is a considerable one and I am curious to see how its dealt with.

The issues are seprate in my mind and I see them being thrown together a little too much lately.

Offseason = drama
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And things were going so quietly...

I had hope that this offseason would be different.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    The real irony will come if the consultant tells TFC that the style of play they should play includes having DeRo. What would they do then?
    I think the consultant did say that.

Seems Dero doesn't have the same plans.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you trying to hurt us Mike?

Cunny and Casey...two former TFC players. OUCH! LOL!

Is it irony? Coincidence?

Funny enough, in one my many arguments with fellow soccer fans at Shoeless Joe's one night, someone mentioned how Cunny wouldn't cost us the same as DeRo so we all agreed that we should bring him back.

We must have been drunk that night.

I'm just going by the numbers here.

As for Casey, I hardly even consider him a 'former TFC player'.
    We got him in the expansion draft and he was gone in no time.
    How many games did he play for us? Like 4?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh how the mighty have fallen! lol

I honestly don't care about dero anymore. i wrote him off as a part of this team I terms of being a success a long time ago.

tfc will never be successful with dero as our "leader"

knew that long before all this bullshit happened.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the consultant did say that.

Seems Dero doesn't have the same plans.
    DeRo's plans were always the same. Despite of the things he can be accused of (arrogance, selfishness etc) he has always been upfront. His intentions have always been clear.

With his new agent however, I think things have been muddied up. I don't know what this guy has advised him but at this point I am guessing that he's basically told him he will defininitely wind up elsewhere because TFC does not want him. If that's the case, then DeRo is going to have to do whatever he needs to do to secure a deal for him and his family. I am not sure any of us would do differently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do have reason to be cynical in all this, there is no denying that.

But this situation is its own mess IMO. Dero is being Dero and TFC are going to try and navigate through it.

I have concerns over the lack of visible progress on the management side, but the mess of the club left by Mo is a considerable one and I am curious to see how its dealt with.

The issues are seprate in my mind and I see them being thrown together a little too much lately.

Offseason = drama
    It's hard to tell if the issues are seperate because the team is acting EXACTLY the same as they did in previous, similar situations. They issue a statement, then a differnt one (this one sounds so much like the Dichio couldn't fly one) and then a different one.

This whole thing never needed to become an issue, no matter what DeRo did and it's very disappointing to see TFC still operating like this - that's why it seems like the issues are connected, it's the way this organization seems to deal with everything, they throw gasoline on fires.

What we really need now is some good news, some big announcement of a manager we thought would have been impossible to get at TFC, something like that.

It's really time for a grand gesture from this team. DeRo may have, as people have said, painted himself into a corner, but so has the mismanagement of this team. DeRo may be gone, but they're still here amd they can't keep giving us more of the same.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its probably in the thread but....

Chris Wondolowski, 19 goals....$48000

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I mentioned his name. What was his average scoring rate in all his previous years? That's definitely an important stat for a striker.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, but he's a pure striker, and not really a comparison for DeRo.

Chad on the other hand.... better watch out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i skipped a dozen pages since yesterday.....but this should be new

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12/paperwork-progress

TORONTO — MLS and TFC are now working with Celtic to secure the proper paperwork to allow Dwayne De Rosario to train with the Scottish giants.

However, both the league and the club stress that they were not made aware of the trial prior to De Rosario taking part in a training session yesterday.

MLSsoccer.com confirmed on Tuesday that the league spoke to Celtic about De Rosario for the first time Tuesday morning.

“We talked with Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell this morning and he indicated that Celtic had been told by both the player and his agent that they had permission,” a league source said.

RELATED: De Ro Surprises Club And League With Trial
    RELATED: TFC Statement On De Rosario Trial
    RELATED: De Rosario Arrives On Trial At Celtic

Toronto FC interim General Manager Earl Cochrane remains adamant that no such permission was granted.

“I was contacted a little more than a month ago by Dwayne and his representative—asking if we would entertain a loan or training stint,” Cochrane said. “We said we would but would need assurances and final sign off on it—that an agreement would need to be in place that we were comfortable with.”

The signing of an official training agreement is standard throughout the world whenever a player under contract goes on trial with another club. Such agreements protect the player’s home club if the player is injured while on trial.

Cochrane says the De Rosario camp was aware that such an agreement was needed.

“They understood that completely,” he said. “I have not received anything official from Dwayne or his agent or Celtic. MLS will reach out to Celtic to clear up this situation and will do what is best for Toronto FC.”

That process has already begun. “When we are told that by a club like Celtic we are inclined to not move towards a legal action and instead work with them to secure the proper paperwork,” the league source said.

De Rosario will not be permitted to train with Celtic until an agreement is in place that satisfies both TFC and MLS.

De Rosario did not respond to a request to be interviewed for this story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think the point many of us are missing is that there appears to be different requirements for "training" as opposed to "trialing". Did DeRo meet the requirements for "trialing". Even I have to admit no. Did he meet the requirements for "training"? Even I am not sure how they differ from trial approvals, but apparently they do. Unfortunately in our rush to lynch DeRo have any of us considered whether he met the burden for a training session? Because even if it's a technicality, if DeRo did no wrong, are people not overreacting?
    with all due respect to DeRo and his people using terms like "trialling" and "training" interchangeably can confuse the situation greatly.

Call it what you want to but DeRo is under contract with TFC. To practice or trial with another club or whatever you want to categorize it as, there must be written agreements between the clubs, for insurance/liability reasons at the very least.

TFC is saying no agreement was signed. Celtic is saying they received verbal assurances from DeRo and his agent that there was an agreement in place yet saw no paperwork. And DeRo and his people are saying there was agreement in place.

Either DeRo's camp is lying or both TFC and Celtic are.

Unless your sources are willing to go on the record Roogsy, or for that matter DeRo's camp produces what they claimed to hold (valid paperwork) it is not a matter of he said he said. It is two are saying one thing and one is saying something else entirely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would anyone truly want to play for this team in its current state? No GM. No coach. No set plan. WTF??????????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DERO plays on a shit team.....and still preforms magic......you put him on a quality side..as the other players youve mentioned.....and what #s would we see then from him then....

cassy was here....and was shit...cunny was here and was shit BUDDLE..ect..ect....it shows me these players can only play with a great supporting cast!....

Dero was here.....and still preformed..!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    with all due respect to DeRo and his people using terms like "trialling" and "training" interchangeably can confuse the situation greatly.

Call it what you want to but DeRo is under contract with TFC. To practice or trial with another club or whatever you want to categorize it as, there must be written agreements between the clubs, for insurance/liability reasons at the very least.

TFC is saying no agreement was signed. Celtic is saying they received verbal assurances from DeRo and his agent that there was an agreement in place yet saw no paperwork. And DeRo and his people are saying there was agreement in place.

Either DeRo's camp is lying or both TFC and Celtic are.

Unless your sources are willing to go on the record Roogsy, or for that matter DeRo's camp produces what they claimed to hold (valid paperwork) it is not a matter of he said he said. It is two are saying one thing and one is saying something else entirely.

DeRo's agent has gone on the record saying that it is training, not a trial. His brother has gone on record saying he had permission. There is sufficent there to draw an opinion if not a conclusion.

In this particular case I think it's both sides playing games of semantics.

As for the paperwork, I think it would be in the best interest of the truth for all parties to reveal all the paperwork on what has transpired. That includes MLS since they are the contractholders. However, I won't hold my breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    Actually he was USL player of the year and Seattle signed him as a result. He was then MOVED by Sigi into an out-and-out wing role, which doesn't suit his skill set.

That was bad coaching, not him sucking. Also doesn't change the point the guy was trying to make: there are much cheaper strikers available who can score goals.

Plus, Le Toux can actually play in a team instead of requiring the offense to revolve around him.

If we could take Le Toux straight up for DeRo, I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I mentioned his name. What was his average scoring rate in all his previous years? That's definitely an important stat for a striker.
    Not fair at all. It's only an important stat for a striker who's getting playing time. Wondolowski has sat on the bench (probably quite foolishly) for four years.

This is the first year he's been given a chance as an outright starter, so I'd say his strike rate is pretty damn good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My position has never been that DeRo is blameless. My position has always been that DeRo is not guilty of what people here are accusing him of and had permission to go to Celtic. Permission for what? Well I too was very careful not to be specific because I did not have that information until later.

My defense of DeRo isn't that he is innocent in all this. In fact, I readily admit and have admitted on several posts that this is a negotiation play. This is the agent forcing TFC's hand to respond. I am quite certain that this "trial" or "training" with Celtic is not actually meant to result in anything. Celtic have obviously done business with Baldwin before and probably took on DeRo for the week as part of their ongoing relationship. At no point have we heard any serious talk about Celtic looking at DeRo. But it did force the TFC front office to get their ass in gear.

My guess is that this will finally result in direct contact with DeRo's agent. Something that I know has been in short supply from the TFC FO. The key statement from DeRo's camp has been that DeRo wanted the whole situation resolved by January. He did not want to go into Training Camp without knowing how things were going forward. Obviously he has not gotten any response. It's not that he got a "no" from the team, it's that they have not responsed at all. How long has it been since the infamous "cheque signing"? How long has it been since the season ended? I think their patience ran out and they had to make TFC snap out of their slumber, which we all agree seems to have been the case for the past month.

We are in the middle of a game of brinkmanship. One that I don't think will have a winner. Both reps are sullied. The relationship damaged. My guess is DeRo will be on an American team once again by the start of the season.
    So, it turns out it was halfway between -- he asked for permission, but didn't get it or it hadn't been dealt with yet.

Can't defend that Roogsy. Even if it was the club's fault by ignoring the request, you don't just break the covenant and go train without confirmation from your own club first. That's wrong.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How many times as supporters do we give Dero the benifit of the doubt?

Remeber what happened with him in Houston?

Remember what happened in the most important game of the year for us with the cheque writing display?

And now this? No paperwork, a trip to a club to try and get out of a contract that he is complaining about?

Is TFC a mess right now? Yup

Does this show leadership and the right course of action from our captain?

I don't like this one bit and feel that we are seeing the selfish side of a player that is throwing the entire team under the bus for his own advancement.
    Bang on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those pictures must be photo shopped.

How could he run around on a park with that mob without a mask over his mouth.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Not fair at all. It's only an important stat for a striker who's getting playing time. Wondolowski has sat on the bench (probably quite foolishly) for four years.

This is the first year he's been given a chance as an outright starter, so I'd say his strike rate is pretty damn good.

Sorry Jeremy, that's a cop-out. You can't simply chalk up a player riding the pine for 4 years to simple foolishness. There is a reason he was riding the pine. What you're basically doing here is using his one exceptional year to write off 4 disappointing ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a matter of semantics:

- He's training, but wants a trial
    - He's agent new that TFC would not allow for a trial but got permission for training.
    - He went under the guise of training to seek a trial, hence, forcing the paper work that otherwise would not have been provided.
    - The Coach of Celtic had no idea what was going on with him and used the word "Trial" do to a misunderstanding - Guys trial every week
    - HE NEEDS THE PAPER WORK AND HAS A UK AGENT - Undeniable
    - The PR battle begins and because TFC are in a weakened state, they will support Dero once he comes back and he will retain his captaincy - (THIS IS THE BIGGEST ISSUE).
    - Dero has shown he is unbecoming of a captain - undeniable

As for the new TFC coach (Not Fact):
    - He's already lined up and ready for a press conference in the new year - when people pay attention to press conferences
    - He's not from NA and the visa issues are what is holding up the process.
    - Paul Beirne already stated that they had someone in mind. (Fact)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Sounds about right.

I would even agree about the captaincy.