Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    Your being serious Sam?

Not sure why people seem to think Julian would make a huge difference if he played AM, that is not where he plays and is most affective as a DM/CM. If Julian played AM he would not have been playing in La Liga so you put him in the position that he is best.
    True. He started on the wing and was moved back at the beginning of his career because he was ineffective.

Julian's probably our best reader of the field and our most technically gifted player. His work rate has been shit about two-thirds of the time, and he sometimes overcompensates in the second half, making mistakes he wouldn't otherwise have made.

Work ethic's a tough thing. It can be a permanent character issue with some guys.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    If Winter brings in a European flare to this team, JDG could indeed find his place.
    Assuming he actually sees a place for himself in MLS.

Preki didn't make him miss curfew.

TFC didn't state "Toronto did come up with a very lucrative offer, but I haven't made a decision yet. Me, personally, I want to stay true to myself and I'm still leaning to Europe, preferably Spain."

Most of De Guzman's issues are a function of De Guzman and no one else.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...-Haedan-Turner

One of the biggest things that helped me when I was in France – and if I ever get the chance to thank him, I will – I sent an email to Julian de Guzman. I was lonely, and I thought, because he went to France when he was quite young as well, maybe he knows what you have to do. I sent him an email, didn’t really expect a response.

About a week later, he emailed me back. I still have that email now, I’ve got it printed out. It was a page long. He actually put effort into it. I was really touched. He just explained to me how football, it’s a lonely sport, and obviously they’re not going to accept you for being foreign.

He really helped me understand that you’ve got your own dreams and everybody else has dreams too, but you have to follow your own dreams. If I ever get the chance to meet Mr. de Guzman, I will thank him wholeheartedly.

class act
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....speaking of JDG,

Jonathan De Guzman scored today for Villarreal against Bayern today in some Champions League action.

Step 1: Sign him
    Step 2: Get him to play for CMNT and ditch the Netherlands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Most of De Guzman's issues are a function of De Guzman and no one else.
    Or his health potentially.

I don't know about you guys but he's never looked as fit as he did in gold cup 2007, and before near the end of this year he always looked like something was holding him back. I don't know if that was disinterest or injuries though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're a better team with JDG. Fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank You Julian for being a stand up Canadian. much love brother!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expectations were massively high on a guy who is a DM and never had any wingers to pass laterally to. I never wanted him to come in as a DP at this point in his career as I never thought he would live up to expectations, sadly that was correct.

Very nice guy, one of the best Canadian midfielders ever and its a shame poor career moves stalled his progress. At one point he was one of the best midfielders in Spain and still could have a good career overseas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great roll model for young Canadians. I'm a huge fan an I can't wait to watch him play this upcoming season Ina reds shirt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is still a great player but it's clear to see from his national team performances over the years that he isn't the player he used to be... his injuries have really hurt his shooting ability imo.