Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To be honest...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default To be honest...

New England are making us a joke tonight.
    Our offence is shite. We need goal scorers big time in this team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole team is shite. Contenders need to be able to win on the road. It isnt even that we're losing, its how were losing. We're getting fucking embarassed every road game. Starting Edwards over Sutton was a shite management decision too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How hard would it be to bring in any young striker ..anybody just give someone a chance ..We have nothing..
    The whole game sickens me ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are not going to contend this season with the kind of play we play on the road, Period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you people kidding me?

We had the majority of possession and an equal number of scoring chances in the game. A couple of bad mistakes defensively and some bounces that just didn't go our way, and we're suddenly complete shit?

We lost, yes. Were we shit? Hell no. This was a good effort tonight which just didn't go our way. We need to be smarter defensively and find some breaks in the final third.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdzb View Post
    We are not going to contend this season with the kind of play we play on the road, Period.
    but we are contending, despite the shit road record. this is MLS afterall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good effort without winning don't win championships my friend.
    On paper we are better and deeper squad than New England but on the field and specially on the road we are shit indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on people. Losing does not automatically = shit team. This was probably one of our toughest opponents this year and we put good pressure on them, looked for mistakes and scored on one of them. Our second half effort was good, not great, but better than the first half. Last year we couldn't do fuck all in the second half.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our offense did look like shit, however they didnt out play us by any means. We defo need a proper striker and also some sort of shit to happen with our passing as they were chopping us up without any issues...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, Detroit made another point i forgot to make myself.
    We did relatively well against the top team in the league, we could have beaten them, we didnt, gotta learn from it and come back twice as hard (we will be playing them again).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got outplayed. Our defense played like shit. We had no striker, our offence was our midfield. Edwards did his best, which wasnt good enough. We play like shite on the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Define outplayed, TFC-Tyler....because I don't think you know what it means.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post

We had the majority of possession and an equal number of scoring chances in the game. A couple of bad mistakes defensively and some bounces that just didn't go our way, and we're suddenly complete shit?

We lost, yes. Were we shit? Hell no. This was a good effort tonight which just didn't go our way. We need to be smarter defensively and find some breaks in the final third.
    100% Correct! We cant just have this mentallity that if we lose on the road we can automatically say they played like shit. Good effort on the road against the #1 team. We played better and a draw would have been fair. Overall, disapointed with the loss, but very happy with the improvment on the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by camcamy View Post
    100% Correct! We cant just have this mentallity that if we lose on the road we can automatically say they played like shit. Good effort on the road against the #1 team. We played better and a draw would have been fair. Overall, disapointed with the loss, but very happy with the improvment on the road.
    There are two things that made me extremely happy in this game...first that we came out playing a similar style to what we play at home (aggressive, attacking football, defending from the front) and second that we actually pushed for the equalizer...especially after the second goal (the first seemed to rattle us, and we turtled a bit).

This is a frustrating loss because we were in it the whole way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a frustrating loss because we were in it the whole way.

I feel the same way. For some reason I'm more pissed off now, then after a blow out, because we should have gotten at least a point out of this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man I wish I had some of you guys' optimism. I really didn't see a good team out there today. Not a single player impressed me today. Had NE been better themselves, we would have gotten creamed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was one of our better road games it quite a while and the header towards the end should have gone in...the defence needs to tighten up a bit more in a crucial game like this, maybe 5 defenders?? But this was out best effort in Boston, we will take them IN TO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I understand people are trying to be postive about our performance. I notice our players dont make space for each other to pass around. NE had a lot of space for passes due to our defence, position, and obviously quality of their passes to begin with. The way they play makes it hard for any team to win, I am disapointed in the loss, but I mean how can I really complain when their side is quality?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    Ok I understand people are trying to be postive about our performance. I notice our players dont make space for each other to pass around. NE had a lot of space for passes due to our defence, position, and obviously quality of their passes to begin with. The way they play makes it hard for any team to win, I am disapointed in the loss, but I mean how can I really complain when their side is quality?

4 staright...and more likley 5 MLS cup finals....they are good, but we should have had a draw at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by camcamy View Post
    QFT. Well said!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The footy IQ of some people on this board is piss poor. Toronto looked like the form team tonight and passed the ball around well, despite the loss. Sure, we need a little more help up front, but a 2-1 loss on the road against the top team is no call to start saying the team is shit. Wise up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    The footy IQ of some people on this board is piss poor. Toronto looked like the form team tonight and passed the ball around well, despite the loss. Sure, we need a little more help up front, but a 2-1 loss on the road against the top team is no call to start saying the team is shit. Wise up.
    I wouldn't exactly say we passed the ball around welll..we had a lot of Turn overs. I think TFC didn't make space for each other enough to give easy passes. I think if Sutton was in net he wouldve grabbed the cross off of the first goal. It looked like our biggest problem tonight was in the Midfield...obviously it must have been hard for Toronto's players to get the ball in the mid-field when NE have 5 players there, but I kind of wish Toronto put Guevera more in the middle of the field so he would be able to set up more plays, and possibily play only one Defensive Midfielder with two strikers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were far from good but we are equally far from shite in that game.

our D was really shaky. the Revs have more pace up front than almost anyone we've played thus far this season and it made it quite uncomfortable for our defenders, even Marvell (who had his worst game of the season IMO).

Our Midfield was not at its best. Ricketts played ok and swung a few nice crosses in, Edu got a goal and won a lot of challenges but gave the ball away too cheaply at times too, Robert sleepwalked through that game and Robinson was the same as always (ball winner, bad passer).

Danny D was ok but got caught offside too often. Guevara was invisible in the first half but very good in the last 25 minutes of the game.

Edwards was ok. not much he could do on either goal but I'd rather see Sutton back against Vancouver on Tuesday.

WE NEED A GOAL SCORER. We're still too easy to defend

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

som ppl are forgetting about how ppl were writing off tfc this season until our away win in LA (this includes me)... then they turned ita round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't exactly say we passed the ball around welll..we had a lot of Turn overs. I think TFC didn't make space for each other enough to give easy passes. I think if Sutton was in net he wouldve grabbed the cross off of the first goal. It looked like our biggest problem tonight was in the Midfield...obviously it must have been hard for Toronto's players to get the ball in the mid-field when NE have 5 players there, but I kind of wish Toronto put Guevera more in the middle of the field so he would be able to set up more plays, and possibily play only one Defensive Midfielder with two strikers.
    We had an obscene number of offsides, I'd like to see two strikers as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    We were far from good but we are equally far from shite in that game.

our D was really shaky. the Revs have more pace up front than almost anyone we've played thus far this season and it made it quite uncomfortable for our defenders, even Marvell (who had his worst game of the season IMO).

Our Midfield was not at its best. Ricketts played ok and swung a few nice crosses in, Edu got a goal and won a lot of challenges but gave the ball away too cheaply at times too, Robert sleepwalked through that game and Robinson was the same as always (ball winner, bad passer).

Danny D was ok but got caught offside too often. Guevara was invisible in the first half but very good in the last 25 minutes of the game.

Edwards was ok. not much he could do on either goal but I'd rather see Sutton back against Vancouver on Tuesday.

WE NEED A GOAL SCORER. We're still too easy to defend

The reason why Guevera was invisible b/c he was in a position which doesnt involve him enough in the game and when he got the ball he had no one really to pass out too. Once all the wingers were taken off Guevera dropped lower in the midfield and had more options and freedom, which IMO helped us play better.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    We had an obscene number of offsides, I'd like to see two strikers as well.
    the one where brennan laid off a pass attacking the revs end looked onside,?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    the one where brennan laid off a pass attacking the revs end looked onside,?

I know...but bad calls happen from time to time, even sometimes to benefit us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason why Guevera was invisible b/c he was in a position which doesnt involve him enough in the game and when he got the ball he had no one really to pass out too. Once all the wingers were taken off Guevera dropped lower in the midfield and had more options and freedom, which IMO helped us play better.
    I agree...I'm not sure I agree with where Carver lines up Guevara. I believe he'd be more effective in a 4-4-2 patrolling central midfield behind 2 strikers rather than in this 4-4-1-1. If that doesn't happen, we'll need a lot more runs from the flanks without the ball to create more passing lanes for Amado

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one positive is we finally scored in Boston so at leat that has been put to bed...next time a point or better should be the result.