Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mean, we need our BEST side out there against the top team AND since we're on the road...

puzzled

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm who gives a fuck ..seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondaddy View Post
    also Dichio wasn't offside, shoulda been a draw.
    Dichio wasn't offside. The call was on Jimmy B but as they didn't show a proper replay of the offside call, we can't know whether or not Jimmy B really was offside or not.

He was behind the last defender on the near side of the field but they didn't show us a wide view that covered the entire width of the field. He may have been played on by someone on the far side but unless there is a tape we haven't seen, we can't know.

B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Dikestra View Post
    Ummm who gives a fuck ..seriously
    apparently you do, since you're still in here...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC-Tyler brennan has made more the one defensive error, try watching with your eyes open instead of bloodshot and you will have seen that..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit happends people, it was a sloppy goal. It was a defensive meltdown/pure luck on the bounce. Lets re-group and think about Vancouver.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad the Vancouver game is at home,that should help the team regroup fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

about the game: the fact that carver left out our best goaltender and perhaps even our best player on the field.... as he many times was this season... Is Beyond my understanding. What the heck is he thinking???

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    about the game: the fact that carver left out our best goaltender and perhaps even our best player on the field.... as he many times was this season... Is Beyond my understanding. What the heck is he thinking???

Edwards was the man when sutton was sitting on the bench for Canada,
    So you stick with the guy thats been there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    Edwards had been playing not bad in the past few games, I thought maybe he had gotten over his dismal display in Columbus. I think it was a flukey goal. Every goal we give up seems so silly... Defensive brainfarts

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    TFC-Tyler brennan has made more the one defensive error, try watching with your eyes open instead of bloodshot and you will have seen that..
    Can you name me a defender who hasnt made some defensive errors? Didnt think so. It happens to everyone, and critisizing a guy all of a sudden for having a bad game when he was our MVP last year for Christ's sake is stupid. Try thinking for once in your life and you may realize that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards was the man when sutton was sitting on the bench for Canada,
    So you stick with the guy thats been there.
    Only you would fault a guy for wanting to play for his country.

You play your best goalie to give your team the best chance to win. Edwards wasnt that goalie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards doesn't appear to shout and command the back line to the extent that Sutty does. Having said that, the back 4 appeared to be made of statues from the ROM for those goals.
    SO pissedoff...we could have taken all 3 points tonight.Our attacking football made NE look like shite at times and it augers well for the future, if only we can tighen up at the back away from home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    Edwards doesn't appear to shout and command the back line to the extent that Sutty does. Having said that, the back 4 appeared to be made of statues from the ROM for those goals.
    SO pissedoff...we could have taken all 3 points tonight.Our attacking football made NE look like shite at times and it augers well for the future, if only we can tighen up at the back away from home.
    It is entirely possible that NE entered the game knowing that our striker are less than adequate and therefore maintained a very loose defensive line in order to promote their own offence. Either way it worked. Collect our marbles and make the necessary adjustments for next time I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doomed !!! please!

Further more to the point.. you've got to be kidding me with this bogus thread. Liability on defence. Your membership has got to be revoked on the posting of this alone.

If your new to TFC and missed out on every single game of last season I forgive you and you can skip past whats going to be my angry rant.

However if you haven't what are you thinking. Check your head. I defy you to name a better left back who can whip up and down the pitch and defend like Jimmy B. He's there in that position for a reason. That reason is he's a hard nose defender and is a major weapon for our defence.

So, unless you can counter with any worth while argument or defence to your original statment. You've got nothing and this is a waste of a thread on this message board.

If you want to dimiss the officals prefomance tonight and alomost every night then we've got something. The refs are terrible and MLS should address this most of all. Leave expansion and all this other circus side show distractions left to later. After we've settled with FIFA sanctioned officals for every match. Not six full time refs for an entire league.

my two cents.

HPH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit, I don't know how nobody else is talking about this, but for the umpteenth thousandth time, it was Marvell Wynne's lousy positioning that killed us all night. Both crosses were from him giving Castro too much time and space; and as I've mentioned in earlier thread, his willingness to give away all the space to the byline before using his prodigious speed to track back is killing us by allowing opposing teams to build pressure in the box.

He's got great heart, and he's a good attacking wingback, but his defensive positioning is fucking horrendous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Holy shit, I don't know how nobody else is talking about this, but for the umpteenth thousandth time, it was Marvell Wynne's lousy positioning that killed us all night. Both crosses were from him giving Castro too much time and space; and as I've mentioned in earlier thread, his willingness to give away all the space to the byline before using his prodigious speed to track back is killing us by allowing opposing teams to build pressure in the box.

He's got great heart, and he's a good attacking wingback, but his defensive positioning is fucking horrendous.
    LOL, yeah but how do you feel about Wynne though Loome?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watching him stand around after the ball went off the post and the Revs playing passing him to score is enough.Carver needs to take him off now.
    This has been happening all season with his Casual play. He his becoming TFC's version of Bryan Mc Cabe, and thats the last thing TFC nees a hopeless defender. FFS
    Go back to watching hockey. I'll buy you tickets to the Leafs game, that's if I never have to see you post again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

watching him stand around after the ball went off the post and the Revs playing passing him to score is enough.Carver needs to take him off now.
    This has been happening all season with his Casual play. He his becoming TFC's version of Bryan Mc Cabe, and thats the last thing TFC nees a hopeless defender. FFS
    I don't want to, really, but I must agree.
    If we start some sort of apethetic policy with regard to player movement now we will surely end up like a last place team (ie; Leafs).

When you buy a loaf of bread and it goes green in 3 days, what do you do?
    A - Cut the green bits off and continue to consume on a day to day basis?
    B - Throw the loaf out and buy a fresh one?
    KD.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't care if anyone gets pissed off at my outlook.
    Defense was horrible tonight and has been all season long.
    I felt for Edwards (and I think Greg did to from the look on his face).
    How many disappointing outcomes will we witness?
    8 games in July (4 of which have nothing to do with the MLS).
    Days at the fucking beach?

Maybe we can get the boys out to the grand opening of a Rona/Brick/Canadian Tire store where we can pay $5 to shoot balls at a bunch of guys (TFC) who masquerade as a proffessional football team.
    I can see it now, nothing like a toaster sighned by Marshall
    Plus CT $$.
    I almost give up, KD.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sing it, davey, i know how you feel bud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was both there fault. But to say bench Brennan... what are you thinking really?

Kinda weird how I haven't seen any comment on Velez comical defending on the second goal.
    But yo your stupid theory, maybe we should bench him to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still convinced Mighty Toronto TFC is one of Jimmy's ex-girlfriends.

The officiating wore us down last night, it was shocking.

Jimmy was on-side and his cross to Dichio was good. He made some excellent plays up the wing, and his slip up wouldnt matter if we'd had effective strikers on the pitch, because we were opening them up all game.

If I was going to play scapegoat today I'd pick on Robert who's pathetic light touch-passes to the opposing team are starting to get on my nerves, and the fact that the guy is going to miss another match due to suspensions very soon because he cant keep his mouth shut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I believe Edwards should have done better with that ball, but I'm not gonna crucify the guy for it. As for Brennan, I h ad a long chat with my dad during the game about him and my take on it was that it was a freak bounce off the post, and there's no way he could have read where the ball was gonna go. Yes, he could have moved and done better, but my real question is, was Steve Ralston Brennan's man to cover? I don't think he was, and I think Ralston eluded whoever was marking him and ran behind Brennan who thought that the ball was gonna be uncontested because he had noone to mark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards and Brennan were both asleep on that goal, but at the pro level as a keeper you're signing your resignation when you concede a goal before it has even passed beyond your head. And Edwards did this twice in this game.

Brennan made some mistakes but has the mental ability to move beyond them. Edwards' mistakes seemed to lead him to be more tentative with crosses in the box and giving up positionally.

I don't like mistakes, especially defending mistakes, but they happen. Brennan should be criticised, but to bench him would be futile since no one else seems to have proven that they can play as a true attacking fullback and track back.

Sutton should be the number one in goal until he proves he isn't during a TFC game - not because he didn't play during an international call-up and his back-up played okay and held the fort.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimmy is the the heart and soul of our defence, we also cant forget Marshall, and Valez. Sure we they had a shakey game at best. You forget about it put it behind you and move on. As far as Brennan being a liability. On What Planet?

I think we need a new rule on the board before mighty_torontofc_2008 makes a post he needs to count to 10 and call himself an idiot 3 times.
    http://www.onesecondleft.com/ Please visit the one second left blog that I contribute to.

My MLS now includes Montreal... we needed someone to hate.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post
    Interesting. I believe Edwards should have done better with that ball, but I'm not gonna crucify the guy for it. As for Brennan, I h ad a long chat with my dad during the game about him and my take on it was that it was a freak bounce off the post, and there's no way he could have read where the ball was gonna go. Yes, he could have moved and done better, but my real question is, was Steve Ralston Brennan's man to cover? I don't think he was, and I think Ralston eluded whoever was marking him and ran behind Brennan who thought that the ball was gonna be uncontested because he had noone to mark.

Ralston could read where the ball was going why not Brennan, it's Brennan job to know and not standing around waiting for things to happen. Brennan screwed up, if it were Cunny making this mistake you'd all be calling for his removal from the team, since Brennan is Johnny Canuck he gets pampered with special treatment..FT. He blew it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Go back to watching hockey. I'll buy you tickets to the Leafs game, that's if I never have to see you post again.

why punish me with leaf tickets just admit im right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iansmcl View Post
    I blame both. Brennan probably should have picked up Ralston... Edwards should have been there already anyway, though. Maybe Brennan is too used to Sutton?
    There it is.

Sutton would have jumped out and grabbed the original ball, which is what Edwards should have done, but Jimmy got caught ball watching when he should have picked up Ralston coming in late.

So they'd both better learn from it.