Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeRo on loan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DeRo on loan?

I just got a call from a friend that said DeRo is going to Celtic on loan in January with option to keep him. Anybody else heard this. Couldn't find anything on the celtic web page
    Last edited by jvanpeebles; 12-12-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, wake me up when something actually happens.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was going to go to Chelsea.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Dero goes to Celtic, I have no eye for real football talent, and I should never talk again.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the spl is a significant step down from mls, don't know why he'd do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero is a great player. 4 years ago, it wouldnt have been a bad signing. But at 32, no way. Dumb idea. He is much too selfish for that league, and he is starting to slow down. If he keeps his selfish attitude (im not talking about cheque signing stuff, I mean his style of play) he will be on the bad side of the fans and management for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^considering Celtic aren't playing in Europe anymore, i'd tend to agree

so whats the next rumour..DeRo to Qatar or UAE?...he does want money

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just in:

De Rosario to transfer to UAE side Al-Ahli!

Reports say that De Rosario will make approximately 7 billion dollars per match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this speculation has any credibility whatsoever I hope he will be back for the start of the regular season...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post

Reports say that De Rosario will make approximately 7 billion dollars per match.
    well what happens when they pay somebody else 8 billion per match?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    well what happens when they pay somebody else 8 billion per match?
    If they won't pay DeRo what he thinks he is worth, someone else will.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, what I would really expect is for Roogsy to hop on the next plane to the Middle East, and demand they renegotiate DeRo's contract.

Kidding Roogsy! Kidding!

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    the spl is a significant step down from mls, don't know why he'd do it
    The Scottish league isn't a good one, but I wouldn't call it a "signficant step down" from the MLS...without question, Celtic are better than any MLS team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    The Scottish league isn't a good one, but I wouldn't call it a "signficant step down" from the MLS...without question, Celtic are better than any MLS team.
    This. The top half of the SPL is undoubtedly better than MLS. The bottom half is at or below the level of MLS.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey what's up i'm going to score a billion goals in the spl, move to a league out of my depth and immediately get relegated, and still be in a better league than the spl ~ kris boyd

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but if dero wants to shoot up in a tent under a bridge for a few months and get hacked to pieces by a plumber cum semiprofessional football player who am i to stop him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    This. The top half of the SPL is undoubtedly better than MLS. The bottom half is at or below the level of MLS.
    If by "top half" you mean "Rangers and Celtic", I agree.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey what's up i'm going to score a billion goals in the spl, move to a league out of my depth and immediately get relegated, and still be in a better league than the spl ~ kris boyd
    The Championship is a very good league, better than a lot of other country's first divisions....

but if dero wants to shoot up in a tent under a bridge for a few months and get hacked to pieces by a plumber cum semiprofessional football player who am i to stop him
    Wait, are you talking about the SPL or MLS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be interesting. Celtic is still a big club and a step up from TFC. I'd watch with interest, see how he does over there.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im a huge celtic fan and wouldn't mind seeing DeRo at Celtic Park. I am assuming he would play in a roll just off the strikers. With guys like McGinn, McCourt, Maloney and that on the wings, we are pretty good. But I would love to see us sell Brown and put him in. Really not a fan of Brown since he came to Celtic, he was great with Hibs, but just runs around a lot and makes stupid tackle after stupid tackle. So putting DeRo in his place I'd be happy with another attacking mid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to see him go, but a successful loan will boost the profile of the team and the league. Tactically speaking I don't watch enough of Celtic (the occasional replay on Setanta) to know if De Ro would be a good fit at Celtic Park, but from the perspective of wanting bigger wages, I can't see him really cashing in there. Wouldn't just be in line to make his TFC wage while on loan?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't heard anything.

With all due respect, I honestly don't think Dero is tough enough to play in the SPL. Both physically and mentally…it is a very harsh style off football.

He's certainly not tough enough to play in Brown's role (although I'm not a fan of his).
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    With all due respect, I honestly don't think Dero is tough enough to play in the SPL. Both physically and mentally…it is a very harsh style off football.
    Not going to necessarily disagree, its a very physical league, however there are those who did make it even though they weren't the toughest. Naka alone is an example, took him a while to get climatized to it, and sometiems still had tough showings in old firm games, but at least hung in there. And as far as hard nosed tackling I would think DeRo is at least as tough if not tougher than Naka. Mentally though I think you may be right, but not he might be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    He's certainly not tough enough to play in Brown's role (although I'm not a fan of his).
    You are right that he isn't tough enough to play in Browns role, but thats because sometimes brown is honestly just a thug out there. Ki has done well in that mid role, I don't think that DeRo would be worse. He may be, but I wouldn't mind seeing it happen

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Bhoy View Post
    You are right that he isn't tough enough to play in Browns role, but thats because sometimes brown is honestly just a thug out there. Ki has done well in that mid role, I don't think that DeRo would be worse. He may be, but I wouldn't mind seeing it happen
    Ki also plays a different role than DeRo though. He's more of a playmaker than attacking mid. And he's used to playing taekwondo football.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Bhoy View Post
    Not going to necessarily disagree, its a very physical league, however there are those who did make it even though they weren't the toughest. Naka alone is an example, took him a while to get climatized to it, and sometiems still had tough showings in old firm games, but at least hung in there. And as far as hard nosed tackling I would think DeRo is at least as tough if not tougher than Naka. Mentally though I think you may be right, but not he might be able to.

Naka was small but he was way more talented than DeRo. Naka was also pretty tough, he used to take a lot of hits for sure. Naka is the most skillful player to have played in the SPL for a long time, maybe since Lubo. McCourt on his day is tremendous though but his days are fewer between than Naka's were.

DeRo is not good enough to hold down a first team place at Celtic. There is no point in celtic taking him when we have other players who are more than capable. Celtic needs two new CB's, a RB and a GK before signing a player like DeRo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SPL is a fully preofessional league, certainly I would say the wages by and large would be more than wages in the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kris Boyd played for Glasgow Rangers, Glasgow Rangers are a way better team than Middlesbrough and they play in a league which is not as competitive as the championship. Basically this means that at Rangers they could afford to play with a Boyd type player who is a poacher only, Boyd would score so many goals because he would have a whole heap of chances every single game. Whenever Rangers played someone decent he would usually not play because at times he is like playing with a man down. It is the same for Scotland.

I guess all of the other players who have moved to England are failures also? There has been a whole heap of successful players who have made the jump from the SPL, Charlie Adam of Blackpool, Alan Hutton of Tottenham, Craig Gordon of Sunderland, Stephen Pearson of Blackpool, McCarthy of Wigan etc.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jvanpeebles View Post
    I just got a call from a friend that said DeRo is going to Celtic on loan in January with option to keep him. Anybody else heard this. Couldn't find anything on the celtic web page
    My next door neighbour is a friend of DeRo's family and told me back in August that DeRo was going to be on loan in Europe in the offseason so this doesn't surprise me much. Of course I never put anything into it until I see the official news.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His hair is way less cooler than Henrik Larsson's was.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC