Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its mls rumours. I dont even have to read. Already know its bullshit.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubt it's bullshit. They actually interviewed Dooley and quote him extensively.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Story actually reads like a cover letter to Dooley's resume

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He doesn't have any coaching experience. Right now, that is the last thing TFC needs. We need a coach who knows how to win.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    He doesn't have any coaching experience. Right now, that is the last thing TFC needs. We need a coach who knows how to win.
    "I have played 15 years of my 20 year soccer career in Germany. I went through all that. 1. With Kaiserslautern: we went from last place after more than half of the season to manage to stay in the league and win the German Cup. With almost the same team we won the Bundesliga Championship the next year. 2. With Schalke: from a goal to finish the season on 9th place we finished on 3rd, qualified for UEFA Cup and won it that fallowing year with almost the same team. That doesn’t happen through accident that is team building. I’m positive with that experience I can personally pass these things on to players. 3. As a coach at FC Saarbrücken, I had to deal with 34+ players. Many players who had come from big clubs like Bayern Munich, but were simply there to collect a paycheck. I had no assistant coach and was left without much support from the Club officials, but I fought every game for every point. I believe in giving 100% on the field for 90 minutes and leaving it all out on the field every time."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    its mls rumours. I dont even have to read. Already know its bullshit.
    You do huh? Guess the MLSR editor made up his whole interview with Dooley.

Foot meet mouth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    "I have played 15 years of my 20 year soccer career in Germany. I went through all that. 1. With Kaiserslautern: we went from last place after more than half of the season to manage to stay in the league and win the German Cup. With almost the same team we won the Bundesliga Championship the next year. 2. With Schalke: from a goal to finish the season on 9th place we finished on 3rd, qualified for UEFA Cup and won it that fallowing year with almost the same team. That doesn’t happen through accident that is team building. I’m positive with that experience I can personally pass these things on to players. 3. As a coach at FC Saarbrücken, I had to deal with 34+ players. Many players who had come from big clubs like Bayern Munich, but were simply there to collect a paycheck. I had no assistant coach and was left without much support from the Club officials, but I fought every game for every point. I believe in giving 100% on the field for 90 minutes and leaving it all out on the field every time."
    I stand corrected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSR is the shit Midas. Anything they touch turns to bullshit. If I was standing there watching them do the interview, I'd still think it was bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    MLSR is the shit Midas. Anything they touch turns to bullshit. If I was standing there watching them do the interview, I'd still think it was bullshit.
    Quite popular with the flies I hear though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need someone with experience, preferably in and outside of MLS.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a great candidate for TFC year 1. Not so great for TFC year 5 and desperate for immediate results. Too bad. This guy sounds like a diamond in the rough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Sounds like a great candidate for TFC year 1. Not so great for TFC year 5 and desperate for immediate results. Too bad. This guy sounds like a diamond in the rough.
    I will point out he guided his club to 6th place in his time there. He may be the right guy, but he may not be. We need to consider all options that apply.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    I will point out he guided his club to 6th place in his time there. He may be the right guy, but he may not be. We need to consider all options that apply.

No disagreement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The longer this GM/Coach search process takes, the more convinced I am one of either Cochrane or Daso will stay put as is. Or both...

Just a Hypothetical - If Klinsmann decides after searching far and wide that Cochrane has convinced him he's the right man would you all trust his decision?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Just a Hypothetical - If Klinsmann decides after searching far and wide that Cochrane has convinced him he's the right man would you all trust his decision?
    If that happens I trust that Klinsmann has been sitting on the beach for the fall and winter months and just made the easiest payday of any employee/consultant ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't divulge my source but we are definitely getting Martin Jol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The longer this GM/Coach search process takes, the more convinced I am one of either Cochrane or Daso will stay put as is. Or both...

As I've said, I'm not all that convinced that Cochrane would be a bad GM, he's made some smart moves. Is he the right man, right now? Probably not. But in the future, I think he'd be in consideration.

Nobody will say he has no experience next time this happens, as he clearly has experience.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If that happens I trust that Klinsmann has been sitting on the beach for the fall and winter months and just made the easiest payday of any employee/consultant ever.
    You mean how MoJo earned his paycheque?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I can't divulge my source but we are definitely getting Martin Jol
    Maybe true, Ashley will fire him three days after he arrives in Newcastle, without explanation.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not so worried abotu Cochrane part as I would be about Dasovic. Im hoping they give the keys of the ship TFC to Nicol as I think he has done good things at NER for the most part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is an interesting candidate. He would have major, instant credibility with MLS players and has legitimate experience in a big league.

All our coaches have had one or the other, but not both (excepting Cummins, who had neither).
    Last edited by ensco; 12-06-2010 at 06:40 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has no coaching experience. So it's a big NO.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Wikipedia:

Thomas Dooley (born May 12, 1961, in Bechhofen, West Germany) is a retired German-American soccer defender and defensive midfielder, a long-time member and former captain of the United States national team.

Professional
    Dooley, born to a German mother and a U.S. Army father, started his professional career in 1984 with third division club FC Homburg. Prior to that, he had played as a forward with amateur team FK Pirmasens. He moved to midfield with Homburg and helped the team move steadily up the German leagues, until they finally reached the Bundesliga. He moved to Kaiserslautern in 1988 and helped them to the German Cup in 1990 and the Bundesliga title in 1991. After the 1994 World Cup, he moved to Bayer Leverkusen, and to Schalke 04 a year after that, helping them to the 1997 UEFA Cup title. At the end of the season, he made his move to Major League Soccer (MLS), signing with the Columbus Crew. Dooley would spend three seasons in Columbus, and was named to the MLS Best XI in both 1997 and 1998. In 2000, Thomas was traded to the MetroStars for Mike Duhaney, partially to help support Lothar Matthäus' adjustment to the United States. Dooley played one year for the Metros before retiring from soccer altogether. He then went back to Germany, becoming the head coach of FC Saarbrücken in 2002 and 2003.

National team
    As U.S. Soccer started to look abroad for players eligible to play for its national team in advance of its hosting the 1994 FIFA World Cup, Dooley was discovered; he assumed US citizenship in 1992, and made his first international appearance on May 30 against Ireland. Dooley became a regular for the US almost immediately, being named U.S. Soccer Athlete of the Year in 1993 and then playing every minute at the 1994 FIFA World Cup. After John Harkes was dismissed from the U.S. national team, Dooley was named captain for the 1998 FIFA World Cup, and started every game for the U.S.[2] On February 21, 1999, Dooley was given a send-off match by the United States in a friendly against Chile. He would end his international career with 81 caps and 7 goals.

Dooley currently lives in Laguna Niguel, California, where he is the Player Development Program Manager with South Coast Bayern Futbol Club.

Admittedly, Saarbrucken is not a name to conjure up images of sexy football, but Dooley has 81 caps for his country, has played for teams that won the Bundesliga and the UEFA Cup, and has MLS experience as a player.

Yeah...I'd rather have Martin Jol, Guus Hiddink, Frank Rijkaard or Martin O'Neil, but I can't see Klinsmann being able to lure them to Toronto.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newcastle just sacked Hughton...he was great getting Newcastle back into the premier league. An attacking oriented manager who might have some success in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    Newcastle just sacked Hughton...he was great getting Newcastle back into the premier league. An attacking oriented manager who might have some success in MLS.
    LOL! Please get serious....He'll be snapped up by a British team very soon, no chance he'll consider MLS at this point in his career...You might as well ask for Jose...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A point someone brought up awhile ago, makes me weary about bringing people like him in. If you coach at a high league, you are working with excellent players. Working in MLS you dont have the quality, so some coaches may likely completely flop here, whereas they do great overseas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    With all due respect to Earl Cochrane, this would be my impression as well...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His German background\experience along with Klinsmann's influence could go along way.

It seems kinda to easy if you ask me. I Hope they do there due diligence.

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should pay whatever it takes for Holger Osieck to get out of his contract and coach TFC.