Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas982 View Post
    I must have missed the memo that stated that I must be a member for a certain amount of time before being able to state my opinion on such a trivial matter such as personal colour preferences. I have been a long-time lurker, and have participated in other threads on here since signing up, not that any of that matters.

You really need to check yourself, for someone who isn't even a paid member you sure do sound as if you believe yourself to be some kind of authority on here.

HAHAHA nope dont think im an authority either, just not interested in feeding trolls. you telling me that
    Originally Posted by Nicholas982
    Red is such an ugly colour. Nothing ruins a beautiful car more than a bright red paintjob.
    doesnt come off like trolling?

if you had said this initially
    My beef is more with the specific shade of red we use, a deeper, richer red would look better, but this bright red we use just looks fugly to me.
    i prob wouldnt have prodded.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone FC View Post

Authentic
    Still LOVE it.

The gigantic maple leaf is a little much though I must say.
    We've got the maple leaf on the arm, crest and gigantically splashed across the front. Ok, we're from Canada, we get it.

And why does it have to be a maple leaf? Why can't it be an awesome ghosted beaver?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    ^uhhh we are the REDS...more red please, not less.
    Toronto's first primary kit had white shorts with the red shirt. They didnt wear all red until a game in LA, late in 2007. Since the Galaxy were all white, TFC wore all red. That said, I much prefer the all red to any combo of red and white.

Im not a big fan of the uni, but people, this is football. This is not a new trend. There is a new kit every year.

If you dont like this TFC shirt (like I dont), just wait a couple of years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    HAHAHA nope dont think im an authority either, just not interested in feeding trolls. you telling me that

doesnt come off like trolling?

if you had said this initially

i prob wouldnt have prodded.
    1) I didn't tell YOU that, you barged in accusing me of being a troll for stating a trivial opinion of mine to another poster. You involved yourself, I wasn't even speaking to you.

2) Maybe you WOULDN'T have cared had I made a more nuanced argument regarding my dislike for the shade of red we use, as I did in a follow-up post, but then again who cares what you think?

Back on topic, the authentic shot goes a long way to redeeming this kit, but the extra grey under the arms and the faded maple leaf are ruining it for me. Ah well. 2 years.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i kind of like the authentic, think I will pick up one of them, Maybe a Cann jersey

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I refuse to get any more player names and that goes for any jersey. Now more than ever, player have no respect for the teams they play on. I'll reserve the name on the back for my own and put good ol' 24 on it (my number ever since I started playing somewhat more competitive).
    Ever since the captain for one of my teams demanded to be sold to a rival team, yup that did it. Then came Rooney and what he did and then Dero. It's a business for these players but for me it's a giant part of my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    I refuse to get any more player names and that goes for any jersey. Now more than ever, player have no respect for the teams they play on. I'll reserve the name on the back for my own and put good ol' 24 on it (my number ever since I started playing somewhat more competitive).
    Ever since the captain for one of my teams demanded to be sold to a rival team, yup that did it. Then came Rooney and what he did and then Dero. It's a business for these players but for me it's a giant part of my life.
    Agreed. They don't make em' like Giggs and Scholes anymore...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a fan of the gray and slight evolution of the kit. Change the entire thing or change nothing. BMO logo definitely could be lower an inch, but with the height of some of our players, that might put the logo into their shorts.
    Last edited by Mango Kid; 02-03-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the one and only time I got a name put on the back of my and my daughters kit.....both players signed with different clubs 3 weeks later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll still get a name (and this goes for most of my sports jerseys), but the person will have had to prove to me they deserve to be put there, and its usually not the top/big ego players, but the hard workers. I didn't run out and get a Dero, or Kessel name, when they signed, but i would say, get a Brennan (if he was still around), or I could see myself getting a Cann or, if he works out, get an Omphroy.

I have a Rooney kit, and while I did stop wearing it for a while, I have gone back to wearing it, cause he still goes out and busts his ass on the field (and I honestly believe a good part of what went on was driven by his agent)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably just going to get #12 and supporter for the name.....edited. Can't do that I guess cause Cann is #12. I like how my Japanese club will not let anyone take the #12 and their kits that have #12 on them just say UNITED.
    Last edited by Alixir; 02-03-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2011 jerseys are no longer posted on the MLS gear site. Maybe they weren't supposed to be unveiled yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    The 2011 jerseys are no longer posted on the MLS gear site. Maybe they weren't supposed to be unveiled yet?
    lol...I was wondering when mlse would realize that their new kit was for sale before it was released.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    the one and only time I got a name put on the back of my and my daughters kit.....both players signed with different clubs 3 weeks later
    Back when footballshirts.com was up and running, and you could buy a jersey, customize and have it shipped to you for $30 all-in, I got a Barca shirt (for how it looks) and a Chelsea shirt (because I love them dearly). I stuck my last name and my number on the back. Money well spent.

I'd never put a player's name on the back of a TFC shirt. We've almost hit 100 through our rotating door. I'd feel silly walking around with a Chad Barrett shirt now, even though I love the guy.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Back when footballshirts.com was up and running, and you could buy a jersey, customize and have it shipped to you for $30 all-in, I got a Barca shirt (for how it looks) and a Chelsea shirt (because I love them dearly). I stuck my last name and my number on the back. Money well spent.

I'd never put a player's name on the back of a TFC shirt. We've almost hit 100 through our rotating door. I'd feel silly walking around with a Chad Barrett shirt now, even though I love the guy.
    http://www.soccerhalfprice.com/index.php

Footballshirts is gone.

This site is pretty good (I've ordered from there and others here have too) but with ordering from Asia, sizing is an issue.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    http://www.soccerhalfprice.com/index.php

Footballshirts is gone.

This site is pretty good (I've ordered from there and others here have too) but with ordering from Asia, sizing is an issue.
    No question there - sizing is a pain. Do you go one up (ie XL when you really want a large) or have you found something else that works? I got the Barca in XL and it fits more like a medium, whereas I got the Chelsea also in XL and it hangs on me like a burlap sack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Japan we order our jersey from the team store and they are shipped out in 2 waves. 1 comes about 3 weeks before the season starts and the next wave comes out a few weeks after the season starts. depending on when you put your order in depends on when you get it. I always get mine in the first wave...when I got the kits with the names the players shipped out like 2 weeks before the season. I put an X through the players name with electrical tape when I went to the game.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^hilarious!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WPS or US Women's Pro Soccer 2011 league uniforms

http://www.mediabistro.com/sportsnew...uniforms_b5614

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L&M Taylor in Whitby has the new replica jersey. It looks good in person. They also have the new training top which is pretty sharp. The thumb holes are back!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much, did you see? Is it long sleeve?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd feel silly walking around with a Chad Barrett shirt now, even though I love the guy.
    I wouldn't feel silly. In my opinion the shirts with the name/numbers are fine as long as the player played in the year the shirt was from then there in no problem. For instance, an Edu or O'Brien shirt from year 1 is like a classic shirt now but as long as it was a 2007 shirt with the right font. If you had Barrett from last year then it is a circa 2010 shirt as far as I see it. It just shows history of the club. I don't think anything of people still wearing Robinson shirts or the like. It was part of our history.

As far as my TFC shirts go they are still nameless and numberless. I almost bit on a DeRo shirt but glad now that I didn't because the player has to earn my respect. For some reason it is harder for me to make that decision with TFC than it is with my EPL and SPL teams that I follow but I think because TFC is closer to my heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have my Barrett jersey from 2008 and wouldn't feel embarrassed walking around in it at all... I would be a hell of a lot more embarrassed walking around in a Chelsea jersey one day and a Barca jersey the next..... for multiple reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    How much, did you see? Is it long sleeve?
    It was the replica so short sleeve, and it was around $100.

The owner said he got them in last week and is expecting the authentic's to come in soon.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frick View Post

The owner said he got them in last week and is expecting the authentic's to come in soon.
    Mark said he's getting Long Sleeves Authentic's as well
    Another summer of hope!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the replica is $100 I shudder to think what the authentics will cost this year. ugh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    If the replica is $100 I shudder to think what the authentics will cost this year. ugh.
    That seems high for replica shirts. I thought they were around $70 with authentic being just over $110.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    That seems high for replica shirts. I thought they were around $70 with authentic being just over $110.
    The LS authentic last time was $129.

Oddly enough the jerseys are no longer available on MLSgear.com
    Another summer of hope!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn. I have been in there several times, and whenever there is a new jersey before a season, they never get it right away. The last jersey we had, although they ordered it when they could,they didn't get them in until about 2 weeks into the season.

And if I ever get one of these jerseys (I like everything except the under arms) then I will definitely not get a name. I bought one with DeGuzman's name not too long after he signed, and I have regretted it ever since. I might buy a new shirt just because of that, but they are a little expensive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    The prices at L&M aren't the legit prices. They might be selling the replica high just because they havent been announced yet, and they can. I think I remember their prices last year being 89.99 and 129.99. They will probally have the same prices once the season starts.