Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One good thing is that they protected Frei and Attakora despite rumors that they are leaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    pretty interesting list, only really surprised at de guzman (but not really his salary), Barrett (once again the same but still), ibby, sanyang.

the rest we are prob going to rid of anyways.

anyone want to draw up a list of the players we are keeping?

http://tinyurl.com/27octvq

Already done

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i answered my question..

still be great if they took de guz and mista :X
    Last edited by phonzo; 11-22-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would fucking piss myself laughing if the Shite caps took JDG! Then again, given our record of players leaving here and doing much better elsewhere, De Guzman would probably become league MVP and carry the shitecaps to supporters shield and MLS Cup single handedly next season...

Bit surprised at Barrett, but then again he's a work horse that doesn't score all that much but gets paid a lot of money, and we have Santos who looks much better. SO would it matter if we lost him? Lots more cap space available and hustle is easy to replace. I like Chad, but would like to see salary cut down by 100k if he's going to stay.

agree with everyone on the protected list, but only because i met Peterson at the 90th minute and thought he was a fucking top bloke, so that coupled with his end of season revival swung it for me! Harden should stay, and be given a raise.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is wrong with everyone? Jacob Peterson? Jesus Murphy, if Brian Burke could have included him in the trade to Calgary, he would have.

We want a winner. Jacob Peterson is not the answer, not even a bit part. Wtf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope JDG & Barrett get picked up just so we have maximum flexibility going forward for the new regime.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    What is wrong with everyone? Jacob Peterson? Jesus Murphy, if Brian Burke could have included him in the trade to Calgary, he would have.

We want a winner. Jacob Peterson is not the answer, not even a bit part. Wtf.
    ahem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like there are a fair number of trades going down:

Vagenas to seattle
    Carroll to Phily
    Jeremy Hall to Portland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    ahem.
    I see your picture; just go into your settings and change it. It's not stuck like that. Pencils have erasers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.

Jake Peterson will be captain next year. Deservedly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett will be the classic ex TFC player. We stuck through 2 years of crap only to have him flourish right after we trade him. Just like Casey and Buddle.
    His movement and crosses increased in quality by leaps and bounds this year. His finishing became more consistent. Even at 300,000 he'll earn his keep next year.
    Were it not for injuring his groin (and then re-injuring after that idiot Preki sent him running onto a soaked plastic pitch his first game back) he'd have had three or more goals more than he did and seen double digits.
    Last edited by Stryker; 11-22-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe NY gave up Jeremy Hall for a 3rd round pick. That's a usable player for the price of a pick that will never amount to anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Barrett is on that list for one simple reason.... Mo Fucking Johnston.

He is worthy of keeping and I think he will still be here, because of the crazy ass contract that he is on.
    Maybe, maybe not. Remember all the rumours when DeRo was traded here that the league was behind it to get him playing in his home town? Isn't Barreyt from Portland? It's always hard to tell in MLS what decisions the teams are making and which ones are made by the league (especially with TFC which seems to rely on a lot of league input).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett. When I think about it, it makes sense but at first glance it was definitely surprising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    lol.

Jake Peterson will be captain next year. Deservedly
    Jimmy you were the same one vouching for "Nick Garcia"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joseph Nane is good smart young player I dont think people realize how well he distributes the ball, he would be a loss down the line

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Barrett will be the classic ex TFC player. We stuck through 2 years of crap only to have him flourish right after we trade him. Just like Casey and Buddle.
    His movement and crosses increased in quality by leaps and bounds this year. His finishing became more consistent. Even at 300,000 he'll earn his keep next year.
    Were it not for injuring his groin (and then re-injuring after that idiot Preki sent him running onto a soaked plastic pitch his first game back) he'd have had three or more goals more than he did and seen double digits.
    300k is over 100k more than Buddle is making.

With the ability to have 3 DP's I just don't see how Barrett can be worth 300k ..... for less than 40k more he can be replaced by a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't expecting to see Chad on there, or even Julian. I personally hope that both of these guys stay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post
    Joseph Nane is good smart young player I dont think people realize how well he distributes the ball, he would be a loss down the line
    agrreeeed

I thought this too.

but i dont believe he will be picked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

losing anybody on that list isn't a big deal. I'm a Chad fan to a degree, but if we lost him, it's not a big deal. He's replaceable.

Given that you can pull back 1 player after you lose your first in the draft, the draft has even less of an impact on TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont blame TFC for putting Chad and Julian up there. Julian wont get swiped up. Way too much money, and he isnt the kind of DP that any team wants. Out of either team, portland definately wont take him (no point wasting a DP slot AND and international slot) and and the cost will keep Vancouver away too. If they do suffer a brain anurysm and take him, great. Lets us sign a better DP, and gives us more money for other players.

Chad is going to be paid way too much. If another team goes for him, then great. Theres 300k we can put towards a striker with a much better strike rate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's happened to Jonathan Bornstein? Is he leaving too so they decided to leave him open? I thought he was a decent player; even got callups to the USMNT.

I assume Portland grabs Alex Nimo from RSL, since he was on loan to Portland.

Dax McCarty would be a good pickup for one of the expansion teams.

There seems to be some decent players available for a single team expansion ... but it's a bit thin with 2 teams picking.
    Last edited by rocker; 11-22-2010 at 11:55 PM.

Yes, its true.. I don't like you one lil bit and now you know for sure ;) DWI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont like that Kocic is unprotected

think he will be a pretty good keeper in the future and its not like Frei will stick around forever.

Barrett might be gone... I can see 1 of the 2 teams spending a liol more than they want to secure a goal scorer(streaky as he may be)... so he should have been protected

I would keep Saric... he plays the role he was brought in for... which is more than i can say for alot of others on that list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bornstein to Tigres in Mexico...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, both Barrett and de Guzman are safe. I really liked the way Barrett played this season, but his salary for 2011 will be way too high in relation to his skill level. Similarly, de Guzman is simply making way too much money for what he brings to the table. As a Canadian player, Vancouver might be tempted to take him, but the 'Caps already have Terry Dunfield, so signing de Guzman would seem to be redundant. In addition, the Whitecaps signed Jay DeMerit, and I doubt they will go with two defensive DPs.

EDIT: I'm not entirely sure DeMerit will be a DP, since I can't find an article in which this is stated. I assume DeMerit was signed as a DP since this was the rumour a while back.
    Last edited by Toronto Ruffrider; 11-23-2010 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I doubt anyone takes De Guzman but Barrett, Sanyang and Saric are probably all gone.
    Yeah they left Julian unprotected assuming no club is gonna be willing to take on his contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Chad needs to go if the team plans on making any significant changes up front for next season. He is simply not reliable enough a striker, and has proven it now over a few years.
    I am surprised Nane and Sanyang are on this list; both have a lot of upside, and cost very little, you need players like them to build a competitive team.
    Garcia on that list is a joke: he should be dropped from the team immediately. Most of the other guys you can take or leave, including JDG. Nobody would take him for a tenth of the salary TFC pays him, his unprotected status is meaningless, we are stuck with him for another year. Too bad Robinson had to leave, he was a much better tackler and played with inspiration and dedication, traits that JDG left in Spain.
    Im not shocked at Nane but shocked at Sanyang being on there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    Yeah they left Julian unprotected assuming no club is gonna be willing to take on his contract.
    LOL! Yeah thats it.
    Reality check - your boy fucking SUCKED this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are a lot of good MLS players on that unprotected list...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I doubt anyone takes De Guzman but Barrett, Sanyang and Saric are probably all gone.
    I doubt that we'll lose anyone. De Guzman and Barrett make too much money, and Portland and Vancouver will want to use their international slots/salary cap space on their own finds...they have to be confident that they can uncover their own versions of Sanyang and Saric.

If anything, I think we might lose someone like Gala to Vancouver if they're worried about Canadian content. If they're not worried about that, we probably won't lose anyone.