Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default World Soccer Magazine Article on Canada and TFC

Not sure if this was posted anywhere. World Soccer Magazine this month has their spotlight article on Canadian soccer this month. Thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention as it's a nice little write up about the CSA, TFC, Vancouver and Montreal. The best part though is a picture of 112 from the first "Go Green" game with the "I'd rather be jumping" and the MLSE fist with money 2 sticks. Here's the quote from the article about TFC:

"Adding insult to injury, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE), the company which owns Toronto FC- along with the NBA's Toronto Raptors and the NHL's Toronto Maple Leafs- announced a rise in ticket prices for 2011, sparking an immediate and very vocal reaction.

Soon, the often-cited MLS model fans showed up at BMO Field with banners of discontent , delaying the renewal of their season tickets, forcing MLSE to send a letter of apology for the team's lack of results and a promise to review the price hike."

I really like the fact that the protest even got recognized in an international magazine and MLSE gets burned in a UK publication. It's a good read. I'd recommend trying to pick up the magazine. It's a pretty good one overall.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does it say about Canadian soccer in general?

thankless moocher, riding on the coattails of others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    What does it say about Canadian soccer in general?

It says and I quote "LMFAO"

Assholes, I know.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there an online copy?
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to scan it tomorrow unless that's frowned upon. I couldn't find an online version. It was pretty indifferent to the CSA. Said the passion is in place, but not the horses.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]