Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way I see this working is if the MLS gets only one slot for their champion and the other top teams get slotted into the CCL, a little along the lines of what Mexico does. The best MLS team might account itself well, or at least not get embarrassed.

Maybe this is more official than before, but the suggestion of MLS teams to the Copa Libertadores is noting new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    It doesn't get worse then Concacaf.
    Fair enough, thanks.

I wasn't being sarcastic by the way, I'm just not that familiar with the soccer in that region .

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    The only way I see this working is if the MLS gets only one slot for their champion and the other top teams get slotted into the CCL, a little along the lines of what Mexico does. The best MLS team might account itself well, or at least not get embarrassed.

Maybe this is more official than before, but the suggestion of MLS teams to the Copa Libertadores is noting new.
    Well hold on a minute. What if TFC went around the MLS and CONCACAF.
    What if the NCC would determine which Canadian club went to the Libertadores. The NCC is the only way we get a shot into CONCACAF so why not drop the CONCACAF for Libertadores. Plus, with Vancouver coming into MLS next year and MTL in 2012 it's not like they would be getting a bunch of hacks to kick around. MTL went all the way to the quaterfinals (I think) and TFC held it's own against Mexican clubs so why not.
    Just a thought.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Let's concentrate on getting better here and being able to beat Mexican teams home AND away on a regular basis before we decide to go up against even better teams like Santos, Boca or Colo Colo.
    Fixed.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I would prefer to see CONCACAF improved, and the northern/central teams develop their regional prestige before ditching it all to hopelessly compete in competitions we will only ever win once in a century, if ever.

Im all for an elite tournament between concacaf and libertadores winners though, or even better a world club championship, but we have that already.

Hate to be the single naysayer, but thats where im at.
    dont necessarily agree with alot you say but we definitely agree on this.
    we arent in conmebol, so we shouldnt participate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm absolutely, 100% against this idea. What's the point of having two separate confederations if all the clubs (not to mention even national sides) are just going to jump into each others' tournaments? How many of you would be in favour of African or Asian clubs playing the UEFA CL? Probably none . . . so why does this make sense?

As Exiled says, we need to focus on improving CONCACAF, improving our region, instead of pissing on it when it's down. The biggest problem with CONCACAF right now is Jack Warner -- if we can actually get more people to care about CONCACAF by bringing more attention to it via things like the CCL, then maybe, finally, enough light will be shed on Warner's activities that he'll somehow get deposed. But aside from that, clubs should be kept in their own confederation, nuff said. I would even stop the Mexican clubs already competing in CONMEBOL -- I think FIFA should step in and forbid it (and I've been saying that for years).

Not to mention the insane amount of travel already brought up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they drop Superliga and have the teams filtered to Libertadores I would allow for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, grief ... there would be less travel involved for Toronto if we placed in the UEFA Champions League!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    It would be cool to host big teams from Colombia, Argentina and Brasil...

...but damn, we are gonna need some serious depth if we are involved in CONCACAF Champs League, SuperLiga, Copa Libertadores, Nutrilite Canadian Champs, MLS Regular Season, etc.
    this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Good, grief ... there would be less travel involved for Toronto if we placed in the UEFA Champions League!
    No shit, if we are going to travel that far might as well go for glory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys think off toronto in january toronto in february toronto early april, snow minus 8to 28 just not feasable for fans, grass, stadium safety laws, travel, you can have the best teams in world throw in thes factors it will be a failure support wise, fans cant make midweek games in summer on time think off the winter, with sqaud sizes we have injurys in the close season whould kill us for start off mls season, no brainer as far as i can see

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agreed. Garber will never go for it anyway. Maybe from this idea a new trans-conthnental SuperLiga will be born.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gentlemen,we cant even make the MLS playoffs.ah nevermind playing against BOCA JUNIORS,RIVER PLATE.....and all those bigger name clubs...come on realstically speaking

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This isn't about TFC, it's about MLS.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a tourney that starts in Jan vs some of the best teams in South America. well, I suppose you get a lot out of pre season training this way
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    dont necessarily agree with alot you say but we definitely agree on this.
    we arent in conmebol, so we shouldnt participate
    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I'm absolutely, 100% against this idea. What's the point of having two separate confederations if all the clubs (not to mention even national sides) are just going to jump into each others' tournaments? How many of you would be in favour of African or Asian clubs playing the UEFA CL? Probably none . . . so why does this make sense?

As Exiled says, we need to focus on improving CONCACAF, improving our region, instead of pissing on it when it's down. The biggest problem with CONCACAF right now is Jack Warner -- if we can actually get more people to care about CONCACAF by bringing more attention to it via things like the CCL, then maybe, finally, enough light will be shed on Warner's activities that he'll somehow get deposed. But aside from that, clubs should be kept in their own confederation, nuff said. I would even stop the Mexican clubs already competing in CONMEBOL -- I think FIFA should step in and forbid it (and I've been saying that for years).
    In total agreement.

And before all you Latino football lovers go crazy just remember this would mean you would be enjoying SA futbol at the expense of TFC.

That's right, if TFC made it to this tournament it would only be a friendly for them that would wear them out for their real opportunity to go forward in the world club championship, the CCL. Like all the Mexican teams that have been invited for $$$ but not club championship spots.

Am I insulting the quality of play in the tournament? No. Do I think it would be folly to compete in an additional friendly tournament that means nothing to us? Absolutely.

Oh and fuck Superliga.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER