RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Klinsmann is set to help the Canadian club find a new boss through his consultancy firm Soccer Solutions, though Sportsnet.ca have suggested that the Germany could oversee the entire club.
    Interesting
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Great article by Brunt.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more klinsmann opinion. I'm cautiously excited.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with Whoopee, good G&M article.
    also, the SSG is from Oakville!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting tidbit from Klinsmann's wiki.

I know he fell out of favour with Bayern but

Klinsmann helped design a new player development and performance center for Bayern...
    a) I wonder how true that is.
    b) I wonder how it's worked out if it is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine Klinsmann has been cast in a similar role to that of Cliff Fletcher pre-Brian Burke. He'll run everything for a short time, including finding his own replacement.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

klinsmann owns germany owns 4-1 bitches
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I had my first King Dave experience[...]was blowing in my mouth all game.

I loved it, it tasted like Canada!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadview View Post
    I imagine Klinsmann has been cast in a similar role to that of Cliff Fletcher pre-Brian Burke. He'll run everything for a short time, including finding his own replacement.

Hopefully Klinsmann does not sign Jeff Finger

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Jurgen Klinsmann designed Bayern Munich's youth system.

The very same youth system that brought Tommy Muller into the picture, developed him at the age of 10, and made him a star.

Sooooooo, one might also say that Mr. Thomas Muller owes our Jurgen Klinsmann a favour? Or perhaps, should he be asked to join a squad and be the star player, he'd be much more favourable with Klinsmann at the head?

Suddenly, signing Thomas Muller goes from joke to...a...0.0000001% possibility!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BIG WTF!!!

Talk about stringing us along by offering us a carrot. No Klinsmann, but his Consulting Agency.....hmmmn? I hate to say this but this is all good news, but it feels like we're being treated like pawns. GOD DAMN

Klinsmann is class, that I will say

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NBF, what are you talking about, when you say No Klinsmann, but his Consulting Agency?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    BIG WTF!!!

Talk about stringing us along by offering us a carrot. No Klinsmann, but his Consulting Agency.....hmmmn? I hate to say this but this is all good news, but it feels like we're being treated like pawns. GOD DAMN
    huh? What's the pawn stuff about? I don't get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE could have made this announcement in a week or 2 but for some 'strange' reason they decided to make announcement around same time as season tickets renewal time. MLSE is master of coming up with big announcement just before renewal time and unfortunatly we fall for it every time. It seems to me they are spinning this news to make it look like this is going to help us be a winning team right away. Like my papa used to say:
    THERE IS A SUCKER BORN EVERZY DAY

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Helping design the training development centre and actually developing players are totally different things.

Also Thomas Muller was signed by Bayern in 2000 which was long before Klinsmann put his stamp on the club. I'd put Muller's development on the shoulders of the actual coaches of Bayern II Hermann Gerland and Gerd Muller.

If Thomas Muller comes to TFC it would be as a spectator.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guelphguy1965 View Post
    MLSE could have made this announcement in a week or 2 but for some 'strange' reason they decided to make announcement around same time as season tickets renewal time. MLSE is master of coming up with big announcement just before renewal time and unfortunatly we fall for it every time. It seems to me they are spinning this news to make it look like this is going to help us be a winning team right away. Like my papa used to say:
    THERE IS A SUCKER BORN EVERZY DAY
    This makes no sense. MLSE hasn't made an announcement yet, and renewals are over.
    That's two facts you've got completely incorrect there....

Signing Klinsmann, when it's actually announced, will happen after renewals.

If your theory had any truth to it, they would have had Klinsmann at a press conference at BMO Field before October 22, when renewals ended.

Nice try though..

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people are just too cynical after 4 years of lying MoJo.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ACSertL View Post
    Helping design the training development centre and actually developing players are totally different things.

Also Thomas Muller was signed by Bayern in 2000 which was long before Klinsmann put his stamp on the club. I'd put Muller's development on the shoulders of the actual coaches of Bayern II Hermann Gerland and Gerd Muller.

If Thomas Muller comes to TFC it would be as a spectator.
    ...and what does he know about being a striker and scoring goals?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    ...and what does he know about being a striker and scoring goals?
    I hear he wasn't that bad.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could not have said it better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys if Klinsmann does come to Toronto Fc...his job wont be manager,or Coach.....so basicallly hes coming to toronto just to collect $$$$$$$$$....I dont know what exactly his job will be if hes not manager or coach....personally i think MLSE just wants to bring Klinsmann to toronto to attract new fans,and existing fans....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hrvat87 View Post
    guys if Klinsmann does come to Toronto Fc...his job wont be manager,or Coach.....so basicallly hes coming to toronto just to collect $$$$$$$$$....I dont know what exactly his job will be if hes not manager or coach....personally i think MLSE just wants to bring Klinsmann to toronto to attract new fans,and existing fans....
    If the rumors are true about Klinsmann then I'd say he comes in and sits down with MLSE and tell Klinsmann:
    1. This is where we are.
    2. This is where we want to be
    3. This is what we have
    4. This is what we want
    Can you help us or do you have any contacts that would be good in these rolls.
    Klinsmann then picks up his cell phone and makes calls.
    I think it's pretty clear that MLSE are getting very serious about this and want to get this right cause it's no longer about a coach or a GM. It's about a coach, GM, players, contracts, fans, supporters, the gate, the city, and soccer in Canada....all at the same time. They need help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE could have gone to the NSCAA convention and had their pick of a 100 different technical consultants at a fraction of the cost. The fact that they went for a consultant with the stature and expertise of Klinsmann shows they are putting their money where their mouth is. Klinsmann and his people will look at the whole operation and will make recommendations. If rumors are true, the scope of this review is top to bottom. This is exactly what should happen. This doesn't guarantee that the new organization will be successful, but bringing in JK sends a signal that there is an interest in building a world class organization in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Man, you really have to start looking past that one guy. He was a puppet, he said what his bosses told him to say, he did what his bosses told him to do. It's not like he was drawing on his years of experience in management the way they were.

We are cynical from decades of corporate actions - not just in sports, and not just this company (but it is a company owned by a union that actively busted other unions in the name of profit). We come by our cynicism honestly.

It took weeks to negotiate with a consultancy company (not a guy) because there were so many terms to be worked out. Did we get the best possible wal, or were we played like suckers?

This is something that could have been done four years ago, all they did was
    sign a cheque. Why did they wait till now?

You're right, we're cynical.