Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    I had a Twitter chat/argument with Gareth Wheeler earlier this afternoon Suffice it to say he is no fan of Klinsmann apparently....

Examples:

@bgnewf what makes Klinsmann the right man to make such decisions? He still want to be a manager and is On the Record saying GM/Coach

@gareth_wheeler He is certainly better equipped than Anselmi and MLSE is. Have it on good authority that Klinsmann is here to consult only

@bgnewf why would you want him to consult? And it's not him, it's his company. He's a manager, and a questionable one at best.

@gareth_wheeler Most of all it was success with GER.& it is him & his company BTW. Not perfect but best soccer mind ever associated with TFC

@bgnewf Galvanizing star players to play well in a WC in their own country has nothing to do with building a club.

@gareth_wheeler A club that was in disarray BTW a year out from WC2006 & put in place system that brought thru players like Meuller & Ozil.

@bgnewf Klinsmann hit his ceiling at WC and resigned. Low deserves serious credit for young German players. JK hire just seems odd IMHO

Hey, you disagree with GW. Congrats, that's an automatic credibility boost.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For what it's worth I thought Germany played the best brand of football in the World Cup in '06. Felt they deserved to be in the final more so than Italy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    Hey, you disagree with GW. Congrats, that's an automatic credibility boost.
    Anybody who thinks hiring Klinsmann was odd for an MLS team is ignoring reality and common sense. That's a witless position, frankly.

The guy was paperwork away -- and the USSF confirmed this to Grant Wahl from Sports Illustrated -- from taking over the U.S. head coach roll. has contacts in Europe through the wazoo, has played under both defensive and offensive systems, has coached and developed new offensive systems, took a team to third place at the world cup and has lived in the U.S. -- consulting with LA Galaxy -- to know the league.

So what's his fucking downside again, exactly? What is Wheeler talking about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not talking about anything.... just talking out of his ass.... like usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Anybody who thinks hiring Klinsmann was odd for an MLS team is ignoring reality and common sense. That's a witless position, frankly.

The guy was paperwork away -- and the USSF confirmed this to Grant Wahl from Sports Illustrated -- from taking over the U.S. head coach roll. has contacts in Europe through the wazoo, has played under both defensive and offensive systems, has coached and developed new offensive systems, took a team to third place at the world cup and has lived in the U.S. -- consulting with LA Galaxy -- to know the league.

So what's his fucking downside again, exactly? What is Wheeler talking about?
    The downside is that "he" wasn't hired, a consulting company that he's the VP of was. No one is saying what the terms of the contract are (other than that it only runs until next spring) and so, yeah, people are cynical. It's possible MLSE didn't get the best possible deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    For what it's worth I thought Germany played the best brand of football in the World Cup in '06. Felt they deserved to be in the final more so than Italy.
    Germany was great in 2006 and Klinsmann had a lot to do with that. But, for what it's worth, Italy v. Germany in the semis in 2006 was the best game of the tourney and Italy played very well. They deserved that win..especially considering it was against an in form Germany team playing in front of their home crowd.

For what it's worth....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    The downside is that "he" wasn't hired, a consulting company that he's the VP of was. No one is saying what the terms of the contract are (other than that it only runs until next spring) and so, yeah, people are cynical. It's possible MLSE didn't get the best possible deal.

The contract is with his company yes, but that is a function of the way Klinsmann will get paid. Consultant contracts are not broad and unspecific. And MLSE, while unable to run a winning sports franchise, are not stupid when it comes to contracts and legal issues. I would bet a mortgage payment on the fact that the contract will be quite specific in terms of the kinds of services and by whom this company will be contracted to provide and I bet Jurgen's name is all over it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    The contract is with his company yes, but that is a function of the way Klinsmann will get paid. Consultant contracts are not broad and unspecific. And MLSE, while unable to run a winning sports franchise, are not stupid when it comes to contracts and legal issues. I would bet a mortgage payment on the fact that the contract will be quite specific in terms of the kinds of services and by whom this company will be contracted to provide and I bet Jurgen's name is all over it.
    For sure the contract will be quite specific. And I hope you're right that his name is all over it (people wouldn't be very excited about a contract with Soccer Solutions). Exactly what his role will be is probably why there was so much time between Brunt's column about the deal and the deal actually being announced. Well, everyone tells me MLSE is not cheap, so even though the consultants were obviously in a good position to hold out for top dollar, let's hope they got it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what we know (or suspect), what is the difference between Soccer Solutions and First Wave?

Is this my biggest concern.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    From what we know (or suspect), what is the difference between Soccer Solutions and First Wave?

Is this my biggest concern.
    First Wave is not a consultant firm, they are agents.

Does soccer solutions manage player contracts? I haven't checked their website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but we suspected that they "consulted" on many things.

I'll never forget Tom's reaction to the question about First Wave on the side lines at the town hall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also - Will Klinnsman tell us to get this player or that player?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    First Wave is not a consultant firm, they are agents.

Does soccer solutions manage player contracts? I haven't checked their website.

It's not much of a site. Seems to be more about coaching clinics and event planning. (which is some overlap with First Wave, who handled the All Star game and international friendlies - maybe Soccer Solutions will now take over the friendlies?)

The deal with the Galaxy was before TFC existed, right? Since then no other MLS team has hired this company. And it's frustrating that MLSE is talking about what amounts to a complete re-boot of the team, "evaluating" everything, top to bottom, as if it's an expansion team again. Why didn't they just hire these guys in the first place? Oh right, because they thought they could do it themselves and then it turned out they couldn't. Still, no one in senior management faces any consequences for that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Klinsmann a good adviser for Toronto FC – NYRB’s Beiersdorfer

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...dorfer-1283641
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't help but wonder if Klinsmann advised this supposed DeRo trade. If he did, colour me unimpressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    I can't help but wonder if Klinsmann advised this supposed DeRo trade. If he did, colour me unimpressed.
    Well that's purely hypothetical as you don't know any details, if there are any. How can you be unimpressed by something you know nothing of as yet?

If it happens we'll see, as yet it hasn't happened.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they decided to keep Daso and Cochrane I will definitely be unimpressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The people I know have not been told they don't have a job so all staff seems intact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We might all be a little more scared considering DCU decided to keep Ben Olsen on....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    The people I know have not been told they don't have a job so all staff seems intact.
    Have there even been any rumours about more staff being added?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they keep everyone on this Klinnsmann thing was nothing more than a publicity stunt. And I'll be quite pissed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Have there even been any rumours about more staff being added?

Nope. Status quo at field level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a recent interview from Jurgen Klinsmann to the Bild newspaper in Germany: It was conducted during MLS Cup weekend:I get the impression that there will be a new general manager, head coach and other personnel management. Not much else.

Try Germany's Google search site to see if there's any new news. This isn't new, but I thought I would add it.

http://translate.google.ca/translate...-hoffnung.html
    Last edited by moralis; 11-30-2010 at 11:19 PM.