Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The really played well tonight, got under Croatia's skin, Shawn Kodejs put in during the first half for the lone goal of the evening, securing TFC-A the 1-0 victory. Good to see Coach Carver was in the house also. Had a good time all-around.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep it was a great game to watch the young guys play. but man the city really lets its stadiums fall apart. if you ganna play at night, more stadium lights that work would be good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smeghead View Post
    Yep it was a great game to watch the young guys play. but man the city really lets its stadiums fall apart. if you ganna play at night, more stadium lights that work would be good.
    You are right on that one, the lights in the Northwest corner were completely out and the rest were so low the players were playing in their shadows. Looking forward to seeing them against St. Catharine's next Friday.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who was in charge? Dasovic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC academy had a good game, #37 and the blonde defender (can't remember #) were the best players. However, TFC didn't have a lot of possession but they played a lot of long ball because TFC was faster than Toronto Croatia, I wasn't really awed by anyone's passing ability or ability to keep possession. Some talented players for sure. Good team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason Bent was listed as the head coach in the game program they handed out, but Dasovic was just as equally involved, giving instruction and all. TFC-A did play the long ball alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    WE FUCKING WON BABY!!!

1-0 should of been 7-0 for us!!!

Sutton and Jimmy B were on hand and the lad's look awsome!!! VERY FAST I have to say as well!!! Best thing TFC has done!!! And I know were going to sign a few of them in the future!!!
    Are they really that good? That's great to hear!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. I though for sure that the Academy was going to get handled. I’m hoping CSL and or TFC have a game recap up sometime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well good to hear we won, but the talk of long ball is a little discouraging. In the end I'll trust the staff to make the right decisions though.

Winning should be secondary to development.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Junior Reds did have some get chance, just have to develop that finishing touch, which will come in good time, there will be a recap i think on the CSL site, saw the reporter there, also Ben was there doing interviews on the field after the game, so look for something on the Globe and Mail website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m a little surprised about the long ball tactics. Carver gave an interview not too long ago stating that they were going to try and play the same style of game at all levels of the organization. I guess that will take time, maybe they’re just going with a basic approach while things are getting established with the academy team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you might know, TFC-A has alot of new players, that have just recently joined the team from other organizations, so it might take a bit for them to get comfortable together on the pitch. i think as they get to know one another better they could play less of the long ball and move the ball up more. The U-16 TFC-A will be playing in the CSL Reserve League.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought Number 8 for Toronto Croatia, Hayden Fitzwilliams was great, dude was all over the field and a regular threat. For Toronto thought winger in yellow boots, um i cant remember his name, all i remember is he had an e at the end of his first name that throws you off. Regardless he was decent enough and had a couple of good crosses and a couple of good runs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How old was the team we fielded? I assume they were all from the U-18 program.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-16-2008 at 11:27 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hayden was quite good for Toronto Croatia, might be worth a look for the TFC reserves if we need to fill out the roster. I also thought TFC-A goalie number 50 Jarret Humphrey looked good. He some great saves, showed alot of poise and rarely made a mistake.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id say they were all 16-18.
    The kid i was thinking of from the Academy was Ashtone something.
    Id defo say scout Fitzwilliams, dunno if id necessarily put him on the reserves simply because we dont know if he was a diamond in the rough or a piece of glass in a pile of shit (laymens terms: we dont know how high the quality of the actual CSL actually is). Regardless id say poach him for the academy if its possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Id defo say scout Fitzwilliams, dunno if id necessarily put him on the reserves simply because we dont know if he was a diamond in the rough or a piece of glass in a pile of shit (laymens terms: we dont know how high the quality of the actual CSL actually is). Regardless id say poach him for the academy if its possible.
    He’s like 33 or something:

http://www.torontocroatia.org/haydenfitzwilliams.html

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The player you are thinking of is #31 Ashtone Morgan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    The player you are thinking of is #31 Ashtone Morgan.
    Thats the one, good player.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    No thanks then.
    See what i mean tho? hard to tell what the hell is going on in this league...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pena for our side was decent too, christ he was a big boy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fitzwilliams didn't play today. Both Toronto Croatia's starting strikers didn't play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who scored the goal, I could swear it was Shawn Kodejs, but the report says it was #39 Pena, does anyone know or remember?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    We have 16,000 season season ticket holders, if we get 10% of those out for the game, that is only 1,600, where are you true supporters, support the Reds all the time.
    And how exactly would not going to an academy game mean someone is not a true supporter? Academy games should be free to season ticket holders of Toronto FC. Think about it paying $15 to watch the academy play is the same face value of my 112 seats at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    I suggest you guys bring a tupperware container full of orange slices because the wee lads are going to need some refreshments at halftime when they get their butts handed to them by a very good Toronto Croatia team. 4-0 or 5-0 sounds about right to me. I hope I'm wrong.

My question is which team will have more fans at the game. Don't discount the possibility that the Croatians are going to come with a lot of fans (they've been known to travel with 500-700 fans to big games). Their fans might want to show up en masse to out cheer the TFC supporters.
    Here I am eating crow. I thought for sure the young lads from the Academy would get their butts handed to them but I was wrong and I'm pleased to be wrong.

I get the feeling that many clubs in CSL will need to be ready for this young, athletic team. Lets keep in mind that this U18 team consists of MANY players from the OSA all star team so many of these boys have been training together for all or most of the winter. There is a familiarity there. My guess is TO Croatia have been together only 5-6 weeks and I know that they get their "reinforcements" from the old country in a few weeks when the domestic leagues wind up.

As for the comments about the long ball style of play, for those who do not watch much rep youth soccer, this is unfortunately the way many of our club teams play and is the way the OSA all stars play. The OSA likes to WIN games so messing around with such silliness like "ball control" is a waste of time because it also results in mid field turnovers. Much safer to hoof the ball up the field and let your young, very fit horses run under those passes and try to create scoring changes the Route 1 way.

I truly hope that it is the intent of coaches Dasovic, Bent and Pearce to encourage a more positive style of football as the season progresses. I wouldn't get down on them yet. They need to be deprogrammed after all those years studying at the Jimmy Cannovan school of how to play ugly soccer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torcida_Toronto View Post
    Fitzwilliams didn't play today. Both Toronto Croatia's starting strikers didn't play.
    Im certain that number 8 for croatia was fitzwilliams today.
    He was a tall lanky peter crouch sort but black.
    As for the starting strikers, thats neither here nor there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty sure to, the number eight on the field for Toronto Croatia was by far their best player, he was all over the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s a pic from the game on the CSL site, what’s with the Academy kits? Why aren’t they wearing the same kits as the senior team?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were just red jerserys with a white bar down one side, I do not think there is any mention of Toronto FC on it, it looked very much like the jersey that was given out at the TFC Open Tryouts, which I have seen a few times on EBay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So i didnt end up going, well mostly because i got lost somehow, i love not knowing toronto very well haha next match anyone want to meet up at the go stop by BMO or union?