Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yeah, the rep was fairly clear about that. There were something like 10 seats in a row that were available in one row.

I just wish more scalpers would have dropped. But there were seats all over the stadium except the south stands for obvious reasons.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    ^ Yeah, the rep was fairly clear about that. There were something like 10 seats in a row that were available in one row.

I just wish more scalpers would have dropped. But there were seats all over the stadium except the south stands for obvious reasons.
    I wonder how the scalper got 10 seats, and how ML$E knew they were scalper seats but did nothing.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the same story OT. MLSE knows (or has a pretty good idea) who in the stadium are scalpers. The reps get a good feel for who is a fan and who is there to capitalize on the demand. But the question is what can they do and are they willing to do it? I am not sure anyone has answered that question in a satisfactory manner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I wonder how the scalper got 10 seats, and how ML$E knew they were scalper seats but did nothing.
    I heard that the guy who had those in 117 actually had 2 rows of 10....and another bunch in another section as well......i am assuming he downgaded due to lack of demand last season.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope he took it dry up the pipes. Stinking scalpers.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    whats this i hear about 111-113 & 127 being "reserved" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    ^ where did u hear that?
    seeing earlier reports about no seats being available there made me check out u sector, and without saying as much, certainly give the impression that those sections would be held back. if so, good on the fo. I guess it's all in the private section, which is fair enough really.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    I heard that the guy who had those in 117 actually had 2 rows of 10....and another bunch in another section as well......i am assuming he downgaded due to lack of demand last season.
    Isn't that just like those "sold out" concerts, where everyone is supposedly limited to 2 tickets, and then a guy shows up outside the venue with 30 tickets.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    seeing earlier reports about no seats being available there made me check out u sector, and without saying as much, certainly give the impression that those sections would be held back.
    I didn't see that on the U-Sector board, and I'm a regular there.

If they get the scalpers out of the top of 113, that would be a good thing, though.

I hope he took it dry up the pipes. Stinking scalpers.
    You won't have too many disagreeing with you there.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-02-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Isn't that just like those "sold out" concerts, where everyone is supposedly limited to 2 tickets, and then a guy shows up outside the venue with 30 tickets.
    it is easy for them to figure it out.......all they have to do is look through their client list and see anyone with large sums of tickets...how hard can that be....who knows...they haven't done it yet...
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little late but from my 1:30 timeslot.‎​There were 2 pairs in 114, 3-4 in 115, a couple in 16 and about 25-30 seats in 117. A scalper had 4 rows of 10 (20 in 117, 20 in prawns) and he dropped them all.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    it is easy for them to figure it out.......all they have to do is look through their client list and see anyone with large sums of tickets...how hard can that be....who knows...they haven't done it yet...
    They claim the tickets are bought under multiple identities... but then they seem to know that they are scalper seats. Hmmmm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you know it's a scalper? Maybe it was that dude at the meetings that said he wasn't renewing his $10,000 worth of tickets.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right in their relocation thread, as i said there's nothing direct, but bits of nudge nudge wink wink type stuff here and there, such as this posted by ryankeay

The details are hazy at this point, but if you're looking for tickets in 113, don't bother going to the seat reallocations. There won't be any there for you.
    this is in answer tol oldtimer's question a few posts up, forgot to quote.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    How do you know it's a scalper? Maybe it was that dude at the meetings that said he wasn't renewing his $10,000 worth of tickets.

If you read the posts you will know that the rep confirmed it and the story about the gentleman at the meetings who dropped $10k worth of tickets was in the prawnies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111, 112, 113 had ZERO available. Top of 110 had more then expected.....10-12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in at mid-day and there were seats available in 113 to 118. Only a couple in 113 though. 2500 seats in all including 600 in the north end. THey did not include the entire north end though which wasn't included in last years package at all. Only seats that have been given up are available for relocation at this stage. I'm not sure how quickly your own vacated seat becomes available once you get your new one but it was apparent that the next group were in selecting while the first group were being processed so the second group wasn't getting the 2nd best shot if you see what i mean. No doubt this effect will get worse as time goes on. You can't leave singles so if there is a group of three you can't take 2. Its either one or all three. You get your old seat as the MLS cup seat.
    Surprising availablility in some sections.125 had about 100. 123 had about 50. SO that must affect the balance sheet at the end of the day.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and from Duane Rollins twitter.

112, 127 and 113 are being dealt with differently... 37 minutes ago via txt
    hope it works out, get 112 and 113 louder can only be a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you read the posts you will know that the rep confirmed it and the story about the gentleman at the meetings who dropped $10k worth of tickets was in the prawnies.
    what i read was that someone dropped 40 tickets, 20 of which are in the more expensive seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious that when i went at noon for the first group - the seats (4 in 2 diff sections) i had not renewed were not available for relocation. I thought I would have seen those seats available for others.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh I can confirm having attended the 1 pm slot today, there was nothing available in either 112,113, 127, which surprised me after last year where I counted about 30 available in 127 including 9 in a row. But the after hearing the story of them being held back I understand.

I relocated for the third straight year, having moved from the top of 111 to last year being in 119 to now going to the 200 level,where I will be in the fourth row of 227, I just decided I wanted a higher sight line and also found 119 to have a weird vibe, it just did not know what it wanted to be, people sitting, standing, etc. Also the buddy who I share the tickets with has to sit for health reasons.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone who has been down today comment on any dressing room access and/or player presence in the hallways that might entice me to go down for my 6;30 pm appointment even though I do not really want to relocate ?..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dressing room access and to dressing room lounge area was there for pics. No players but a couple of academy guys in for physio with the trainer at noon today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was there Nana was around and Emanuel was doing some training in this other room that had some turf down on the floor.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    Yeh I can confirm having attended the 1 pm slot today, there was nothing available in either 112,113, 127, which surprised me after last year where I counted about 30 available in 127 including 9 in a row. But the after hearing the story of them being held back I understand.

I relocated for the third straight year, having moved from the top of 111 to last year being in 119 to now going to the 200 level,where I will be in the fourth row of 227, I just decided I wanted a higher sight line and also found 119 to have a weird vibe, it just did not know what it wanted to be, people sitting, standing, etc. Also the buddy who I share the tickets with has to sit for health reasons.
    I'm in 227 row 3, it's not bad there at all, you get the benefits of nee's atmosphere while being able to sit and watch the game comfortably.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the 12:30 scrum. We were told that there were certain seats available in the south end supporters sections that were being held back pending discussions with the supporter's groups - specifically RPB and U-Sector. The rep was also quite pleased that they had been able to get a block of 40 seats back from one of the scalpers, mostly located in 124.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    Yeh I can confirm having attended the 1 pm slot today, there was nothing available in either 112,113, 127, which surprised me after last year where I counted about 30 available in 127 including 9 in a row.
    If I recall correctly, the big chunk of tickets available in 127 last year was due to a group either moving or giving up their seats. Also, I think it was right after the first year of 127 as a supporters' section, so that may have influenced it too. I am sure fewer people will be giving up their tickets this year, regardless of any holdback...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had my seats in Section 116 since season one and the atmosphere in sections 115-118 has been going down hill this season and last season. I plead with people in the Red Patch Boys, anyone from U-sector who reads this and even loud hardcore supporters to please locate to these sections. We need to make sections 115-118 like the ones in 110, 111, 112 and 127 so we have a united SUPPORTERS SECTION.

To Boris, please ask Paul if he can make all seats from 110-118 supporters sections because they are supposed to be.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Oh yeah, if you relocate - you still get your ORGINAL SEATS FOR MLS CUP
    So Gold Listers who buy Season Seats may not (will not?) get their MLS CUP seat in thier Season Seat.

If a SSH moved from 108 to 117 they get 108 for the MLS CUP

If gold lister then buys the 108 seats I wonder where their MLS CUP seat will be?

Hopefully a cheaper MLS CUP seat all result in a lower price for the Season Seat package.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last season I had three partial packs which actually covered the whole season but I did have to pay an extra hundred or so. Hopefully this year I can get seasons in either the supporters section (doubtful) or light greys.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goldlisters: just got another email. You fill out a survey with contact/account info, confirming your interest in the season seats and they will contact you within 10 days. They make it clear that not everyone on the Gold list may get seasons, though...