Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    That is still cheaper than what I paid for my Ransom pack last year. If you absorb the cost of the empty Marlies seat into my TFC seat. As I recall it worked out to $53-$55 per seat.

I figure that I paid 600-800 more than the guy sitting right behind me in 110, on a season long basis. Unreal.
    But how many people who bought ransom packs last year will buy them this year? It would take a lot of arm-twisting to have me buy 6 Marlies tickets I don't want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I'm not trying to defend them. I just think it is sickening that the stupidly expensive North End prices still look good compared to what I had to put up with last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Hmmm, looks like more than 80% renewal rate to me... check out these pictures from Twitter:
    does not look like a lot ... but the whole process is flawed anyway

when I renewed last year there were no "cheaper" seats available to move to ... then after the relocation process ended, magically there were all kinds of lower cost seats available for people on the Gold List to buy

And seeing that I am near the end of the relocation appointments that only tells me TFC held tickets back at various price points to sell to the Gold List because they know they would not be able to just sell the most expensive seats

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    ^ I'm not trying to defend them. I just think it is sickening that the stupidly expensive North End prices still look good compared to what I had to put up with last year.
    That's a great point, and as someone who bought a ransom pack this season, I can sympathize.

Based on Paul B's pictures of what's available in terms of season tickets, I highly doubt I'll be able to buy for next season. I'm on the gold list, and relocation is just starting. That means that anything I could afford will be long gone by the time I get the phonecall.

I've capped myself at $750 a seat, which means I won't be able to take on North Ends. Maybe it's for the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, looks like more than 80% renewal rate to me... check out these pictures from Twitter:
    Holy crap, that's a lot less seats available than I would have guessed. Did notice that there is a fair amount at the top of what I would guess is 110. That is a designated supporter section, maybe some civilians are looking to move out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call BS. My tickets aren't shown here. Under the O, second row 3rd and 4th from the right aisle.

PB isn't giving the whole truth.

And to quote myself from the past...

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I'm thinking of dropping/ downgrading my seats in 121. I'm loathe to part with them as they're damn good seats but I just can't justify the $$$ when I have to give a number of them away.

I'd like to downgrade, but think I'll wait until my rep tells me how it will be handled. I can see MLSE allowing people on the waiting list to fill the cheaper seats to leave the expensive seats filled once they have us on the hook.
    Last edited by woolly; 11-02-2010 at 09:42 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I call BS. My tickets aren't shown here. Under the O, second row 3rd and 4th from the right aisle.

PB isn't giving the whole truth.
    Adds more weight to my thought that they hold seats back during relocation. I also see that the seats my friend did not renew are not available in the pic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the first relocation is at 12:00pm, so will know if Paul and MLSE are screwing us.....again..lol..lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest scam here is that partial packs are given to people in some of the cheaper and most desirable areas and are not offered to loyal ssh's who are looking to relocate. Why should a partial pack holder get better seats than someone that's been a loyal ssh for years? Will be a sticking point for me at th next Town Halls.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaos197O View Post
    The biggest scam here is that partial packs are given to people in some of the cheaper and most desirable areas and are not offered to loyal ssh's who are looking to relocate. Why should a partial pack holder get better seats than someone that's been a loyal ssh for years? Will be a sticking point for me at th next Town Halls.
    Cos they figure they've got you hooked already, but they need the cheap seats to hook new people.

they're like a crack dealer, give you the first hit for free, then once you're hooked you have to start paying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    Cos they figure they've got you hooked already, but they need the cheap seats to hook new people.

they're like a crack dealer, give you the first hit for free, then once you're hooked you have to start paying.
    BINGO! Also it would take a hell of a selling job to sell prawnie seats to someone and say to them, oh, by the way, you need to buy 6 Marlie tickets too. That'll be $900 for 6 games please.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cheaper the ticket, the easier they are to sell as a game day walk up. For sure they are trying to get rid of the expensive seats as seasons...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post

Believe me.......I get it. Lower 110 and parts of 111 are used for these packs and it actually hurts the atmosphere. It's great to show newbies what it's all about but reality is they are not likely ever going to sit anywhere near those seats if they move up to ssh's and effectively we now have a bunch of people who just snag the partials without Marlies because of the great seating. It BS and I am going to call them on it. While it may have started off as a marketing ploy, it has turned into an opportunity for return partial pack holders to acquire cheaper, premium seats and it comes at our expense. Big issue for me. Anyways.......let's see how things go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE states they offer the Partial packs so more people can see the games. But when I buy all 3 partial packs to give me a full season - how does that benefit anyone else? It only benefits MLSE pocketbook because I have now purchased season tickets (via 3 partial packs) for a much higher price and with no access to discount card, no scarves, no goodies, etc.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elimate the partial packs and ransom packs, just offer as season tickets. I know a few people, that can either not afford a whole season or cannot attend a whole season but would rather purchase a full season and then split it up themselves with friend/relative rather then purchase the partial pack and a higher price.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are all those red seats already sold as season tickets?

If so, it seems pretty mental that that many people have paid for tickets but never seem to show up.

If they know someone is already willing to pay an outrageous price for season tickets, what would be their incentive to move them to cheaper seats?
    Last edited by ilikemusic; 11-02-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    So are all those red seats already sold as season tickets?

If so, it seems pretty mental that that many people have paid for tickets but never seem to show up.
    It would indicate that they have renewed. It does not mean that they are not looking to transfer though. It will be a very different picture by the end of relocation.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would indicate that they have renewed. It does not mean that they are not looking to transfer though. It will be a very different picture by the end of relocation.
    true, we should all try and take those same pictures from the same angles that Paul did at the different appointments we all have and see how things change. could be interesting i think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so far there are no seats avail in 111, 112 or 113

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    so far there are no seats avail in 111, 112 or 113
    any other south end deltox?
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lots in 117

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quite a few in very upper 110, pairs and 3's avail in 114, 115 and 117 with good seats avail

thats from Workie!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quite a few in very upper 110, pairs and 3's avail in 114, 115 and 117 with good seats avail

thats from Workie!

My brother-in-law is up now at 12:30.....said some in 116 and 115 where he is looking
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also said 117s as well

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right now he says a set of 4 in 116 and a pair in 115 for his appointment now.....he is focusing on one of those......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lots in 117

lol my section, absolutely no atmosphere there...makes sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just wanted to mention to anyone that might be worried about later appointments in the week, luck is a big factor as well. during relocation prior to season 3 i had 108s at the top which are dark greys and I was able to relocate to 117, going from about 1900 for the pair down to 550 or something like that, all because they became available during the prior appointment. so although 117 might not be 112/113, i saved 1500 bucks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the North End - Light Blue open for relocation?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I had zero chance of anything last year at my first relocation besides moving my dark greys to better dark greys but when my appointment rolled around there was a bunch of light and med greys that people relocated from earlier that day so you got to keep the faith until you get there...I was quite happy with where I went and the savings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting photos indeed. Must have been cool to see Drogba score in those seats!!! A couple funny ones too.