RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mornin'

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course single table would be best. BUT

No way Garber gets rid of the conferences. That is just not happening. Considering that, a baseball style playoff (top 4 teams in each conf playoff, MLS Cup would be conf champ vs conf champ) would be preferable to the clusterfuck that we currently have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Of course single table would be best. BUT

No way Garber gets rid of the conferences. That is just not happening. Considering that, a baseball style playoff (top 4 teams in each conf playoff, MLS Cup would be conf champ vs conf champ) would be preferable to the clusterfuck that we currently have.
    Yeah, or our team could just win more games and we wouldn't care how the playoffs are structured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the playoff structure is fine. the top 8 teams made it into the post season. that's what you want.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    the playoff structure is fine. the top 8 teams made it into the post season. that's what you want.
    yeah thats pretty muhc it, i dont have any probs with it, definitely need to stress the importance of the shield tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue is how the heck did the team that placed first NOT play against the last seeded team in the playoffs? It's shocking actually.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster_TFC View Post
    The issue is how the heck did the team that placed first NOT play against the last seeded team in the playoffs? It's shocking actually.
    This is exactly it. I'm happy that the best 8 teams made the playoffs. But the fact that the best team wasn't rewarded with the worst playoff team from its own conference looks stupid now.

I think what happened is MLS didn't expect the East to be this bad. If it was only one team crossing over most people wouldn't have cared.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DID anyone see mista streching on the side loines last game??...how come he didn't play??...what a waist of MONEY!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ganzo_thebest View Post
    DID anyone see mista streching on the side loines last game??...how come he didn't play??...what a waist of MONEY!!!!
    He was even officially listed as a sub. I think we should talk contract extension & raise for the great commitment shown by Mista, to actually fly to DC & appear on the roster....

Who knows, by the time when they might have thought of subbing in Mista (60th/70th minute or whatever), perhaps Daso thought they need more defensive help rather than offensive help.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRN interview with DeRo:

http://www.tribalrhythmnation.com/
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    TRN interview with DeRo:

http://www.tribalrhythmnation.com/
    Stes put an ad under their main art then switch to it right before you're about to click for the main story aren't exactly my preferred destination....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Yeah, but the way they're seeded doesn't make any sense, as Nigel explains in the article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's unlikely to change though. MLS wants teams on the east and west coast participating in the playoffs for ratings purposes. Much like Champions league lets more teams in from the top leagues because to bring in more coin.

I think the playoffs will require some fine-tuning long run, but they're not going to take the chance one area of the country has no teams in the playoffs, that would hurt them at the negotiating table when they sign TV contracts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think that's unlikely to change though. MLS wants teams on the east and west coast participating in the playoffs for ratings purposes. Much like Champions league lets more teams in from the top leagues because to bring in more coin.

I think the playoffs will require some fine-tuning long run, but they're not going to take the chance one area of the country has no teams in the playoffs, that would hurt them at the negotiating table when they sign TV contracts.
    I don't mind if the top two in each conference automatically qualify, but I agree with Nigel that those top two shouldn't get top seeding if they have lower point totals than other teams, which is what happens now.