0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ MLS Cup is still in 2011 package..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this means that hot dogs will now cost $14, and beers $27? not that i ever pay for anything other than the ticket to get in anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The price is reasonable for me, the effort the FO put in recently to listen really shows.

I'll be picking up two STs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just renewed a single ticket, and I feel pretty good about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    The price is reasonable for me, the effort the FO put in recently to listen really shows.

I'll be picking up two STs
    good to hear that dichio.
    Im seeing the effort in thier part aswell.
    Since mojo has left town this clubs communication lines have
    opened up and for that im greatful.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just really happy to see this happen.

I wonder if Jimmy B had a big part to play in this decision. He seems like a "for the fans" kind of voice at the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post

I wonder if Jimmy B had a big part to play in this decision. He seems like a "for the fans" kind of voice at the table.
    I somehow don't picture Brennen as having any backbone in the office. He won't go againest the grain on anything for fear of losing his job. Gotta pay for those Louis Vuitton man purses and all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    I somehow don't picture Brennen as having any backbone in the office. He won't go againest the grain on anything for fear of losing his job. Gotta pay for those Louis Vuitton man purses and all.
    What's that based on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anybody bring up the Marlies game packs at the Townhall meeting? I felt violated after having to buy that package to get on the Gold waiting list......2 years ago. It will take a lot of price freezes and freebies from MLS to make up for $300 in Marlies tickets I couldn't even sell.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re marlies packs, I asked paul after one of the first ones, and it came up in the u sector one.

paul initially tried to go with semantics in that no one was forced to buy them, then he went with he really doesn't want to have to do that, and has argued against them, but he lost. I got the impression that such cross selling is just the way mlse works and will probably continue. hopefully they'll be gone as well, but i doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope not. I'm disaapointed that he and Cochran were even at these meetings. One of the biggest problems (maybe the biggest problem) TFC has had since it started was mixing the ticket sales and team performance - that's how you get statements like, "We don't need a DP, all the tickets are sold."

This team really needs to have someone who's only job is putting together a winning team and who's not involved at all in the business end.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice read.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    I hope not. I'm disaapointed that he and Cochran were even at these meetings. One of the biggest problems (maybe the biggest problem) TFC has had since it started was mixing the ticket sales and team performance - that's how you get statements like, "We don't need a DP, all the tickets are sold."

This team really needs to have someone who's only job is putting together a winning team and who's not involved at all in the business end.
    I don't know, out of all the guys at the table, Paul and Tom are MLSE execs, Earl is an MLSE PR guy and Jimmy is the former team captain and a fan favorite who recognizes the importance of support.

With that said, I do take your point. A lot of the trouble this team encountered was caused by the lack of separation of the church and state when it came to business vs on-field performance.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No one sees a correlation between Garber just happening to be in town and this "concession"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FAIL: I am still forced to pay for [B][I] two Nutrilite Canadian Championship games. So it is up to me to pay for them then try to find someone to buy the tickets from me.
    FAIL: Giving us home opener free? Giving us credit to our account? that is still money in their pocket instead of me having the cash in my pocket to pay my bills.
    FAIL: Price freeze for 2012? Prices are high as it is so they are doing us a favor by not increasing the prices in 5th year?

Rest of promises are just words and don't mean anything. I have heard enough talk and bullshit from FO. i am still dropping 3 tickets.
    I am sure someone is going to tell me I am wrong but then there are people who would argue with their own shadow just for sake of argument.
    peace and out

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ if TFC is playing in the Canadian Championships, why is having a ticket to that an issue?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    No one sees a correlation between Garber just happening to be in town and this "concession"?
    I do.

(look at my post on page 4)
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm absolutely shocked that we are getting the home opener for free! It's not like I honestly care about the additional $20.00 that I would have spent on that one game but the fact that MLSE is willing to bite the bullet on the revenue that game would have generated is unbelievable...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    re marlies packs, I asked paul after one of the first ones, and it came up in the u sector one.

paul initially tried to go with semantics in that no one was forced to buy them, then he went with he really doesn't want to have to do that, and has argued against them, but he lost. I got the impression that such cross selling is just the way mlse works and will probably continue. hopefully they'll be gone as well, but i doubt it.
    It is. If you ever want Leafs platinum ST's you'll need to pick up platinum Raptors ST's as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's that based on?
    Poor captaincy and being a turf pitch man for a small fraction of his yearly salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me just say... Is this only about renewing at the cheapest possible $$$?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I do.

(look at my post on page 4)
    You sir are smart

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    You sir are smart
    Just don't put me in a Pookie short, and I'll be fine and happy.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't get to attend the town hall meetings in person, but it sounds like they finally heard what was being told to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    Wasn't the deadline to renew today and now they are extending it again to Monday?

This letter was their last hope to get people renewing, something tells me that this may be a stronger reason why they released this letter today.

don't trust the devil people, he will get you every time
    For sure.
    Would LOVE to see what the renewal numbers were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Edmonton may be in the tourney.
    I think there will be a qualification round to get to the Nutralite Cdn Championship TFC qualifies being champs so EDM MTL & VAN will compete and two teams advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between me and my 3 buddies, we account for 10-12 people on the waiting list. I'm sure that others also signed up multiple times. Not to mention that I'm sure the majority of the people on the list are people who simply want cheaper seats when they become available.

Mikey

This should make it very interesting for the tail end of next season.
    If they can put out a decent team and make the playoffs, everyone will think the price freeze for 2012 is a bargain.

If TFC shits the bed once again and officially becomes the worst team in MLS history with no playoffs in 5 years, then it wont matter anyway, the place will look like thr Lynx are back......

This ongoing TFC saga should be on daytime TV...in Spanish!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guelphguy1965 View Post
    FAIL: I am still forced to pay for [b][i] two Nutrilite Canadian Championship games. So it is up to me to pay for them then try to find someone to buy the tickets from me.
    FAIL: Giving us home opener free? Giving us credit to our account? that is still money in their pocket instead of me having the cash in my pocket to pay my bills.
    FAIL: Price freeze for 2012? Prices are high as it is so they are doing us a favor by not increasing the prices in 5th year?

Rest of promises are just words and don't mean anything. I have heard enough talk and bullshit from FO. i am still dropping 3 tickets.
    I am sure someone is going to tell me I am wrong but then there are people who would argue with their own shadow just for sake of argument.
    peace and out
    nope your right I fell the same way