Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Renewal Email Oct 22

It looks like they were listening.

And we are seeing some sort of correction action that we were looking for.

To be honest, I'm a little impressed that they whipped something together after a few townhalls.

Here's what they sent:

Dear Robert,

Thank you.
    Over the past 10 days, we've solicited and received a lot of feedback from a broad spectrum of season seat holders and supporters. Through emails, conversations, on-line chats and a series of Town Hall meetings we've heard a great deal and it has been very informative.
    The Town Hall sessions were passionate, vocal and candid. The meetings were crucial to helping us understand your concerns. Toronto FC fans are unique - you love your club, you feel a part of the club, but your club has let you down on and off-the-pitch. We've now digested your feedback with the goal of identifying actionable items.
    Several key themes have emerged throughout our discussions. We've summarized these themes and our plan of action for 2011 and 2012.
    1. "Don't price us out of the building. When will price increases stop?"
    For returning season seat holders who renew by the deadline, we will honour their 2011 prices for the 2012 season. In other words, there will be no price increase for the 2012 season for renewing 2011 season ticketholders.
    2. "Toronto FC is MY Club. I don't want any other teams or games in my season ticket package."
    For 2012, Toronto FC's season ticket package will only include the MLS regular season games and two Nutrilite Canadian Championship games.
    3. "These Town Halls are good. Will you continue the dialogue?"
    The Toronto FC Town Hall sessions were valuable and enlightening. We hope the sessions have been valuable for you as well. We are committed to holding similar sessions at BMO Field two times in 2011.
    4. "Transportation: GO Trains arrive too close to kick-off. Leaving Exhibition Place is a nightmare!"
    We understand this frustration. We will continue to work with Metro Police, Toronto Transportation, TTC and GO Transit to improve getting to and from games. A new exit from Exhibition Place to Lakeshore Blvd. is nearly complete and will help with post game congestion.
    5. "Team performance is not where it should be. What is the club's direction in the short and long-term?"
    With change comes the opportunity to make important decisions about our future. We're working hard to assemble a management team that is second to none in Major League Soccer. We are looking for leadership that will establish the vision for this team and create a winning culture so that Toronto FC will consistently compete for a championship.

We are excited about the opportunity for a fresh start as we prepare to launch our fifth anniversary season in 2011. To welcome you back and thank you for showing the world how Toronto supports this game like nobody else in North America, all season seat holders who renew their seats by Monday, October 25 will be attending our 2011 Home Opener on us - we're picking up the tab for your ticket for that game. More details about this will come in a separate email after renewals are complete.
    You have given us a lot to consider and in turn we hope our efforts demonstrate that we value your support and passion. We are extending our renewal deadline to 5 p.m. on Monday, October 25, 2010 to give you additional time over the weekend to think about our action plan and make your decision.
    If you believe in this club and this dialogue, then we'll look forward to seeing you back next year. And before that, we look forward to celebrating the best in North American soccer at the MLS Cup game at BMO Field on November 21.
    Thank you again.
    Sincerely,
    Last edited by Wagner; 10-22-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For returning season seat holders who renew by the deadline, we will honour their 2011 prices for the 2012 season. In other words, there will be no price increase for the 2012 season for renewing 2011 season ticketholders.

That could mean, they will keep the prices the same, but less the MLS Cup..so in fact an actual increase....its all in the wording
    Last edited by Nuvinho; 10-22-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting..

To welcome you back and thank you for showing the world how Toronto supports this game like nobody else in North America, all season seat holders who renew their seats by Monday, October 25 will be attending our 2011 Home Opener on us - we're picking up the tab for your ticket for that game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post

That could mean, they will keep the prices the same, but less the MLS Cup..so in fact an actual increase....its all in the wording
    I'd wager that they know better than that.
    During the TownHalls, someone said that...and the FO guys said..."it'll be a price per game" sort of freeze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad. Not great, mind you, but not bad, and certainly better than I was expecting. That seals it for me. I'll give them another shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"To welcome you back and thank you for showing the world how Toronto supports this game like nobody else in North America, all season seat holders who renew their seats by Monday, October 25 will be attending our 2011 Home Opener on us - we're picking up the tab for your ticket for that game. More details about this will come in a separate email after renewals are complete."

Interesting - rebate back on the invoice?

Still not renewing 4 of 6 seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're giving us the opener for free. Good for them. That means a lot (not being sarcastic either).

^this free game will offset any "per game" ticket increase for SSH's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    I'd wager that they know better than that.
    During the TownHalls, someone said that...and the FO guys said..."it'll be a price per game" sort of freeze.
    I asked them that.....Paul said price per game freeze.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow - i need to digest this, but it seems like they really listened (to all us non-renewers ). This may actually change my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I already renewed for 2011 so if they are giving the home opener for free that saves me almost another $150 bucks for two in Sec 108.
    Got to give them credit there...

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a very ardent critic of MLSE and their approach up until now to this whole debacle, I have to say that this is impressive stuff.

The management is yet to be chosen and the team is yet to be blown up and rebuilt, but this is a good step towards addressing some of the anger.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some positives here. especially with a price freeze, which they seemed to be against to begin with. Overall could be worse. Early days yet, but I wont bitch for a next few hours.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only problem is that I am now throughly confused as to what my renewal price will be and what it includes

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW......

just WOW (in a good way).

looks like they really did learn something when they asked us how they felt.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good News...about time
    I'm impressed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite Impressed

Happy to hear this

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

credit where it's due, they're trying, and this is certainly more than i would have thought they'd do, or be able to get approved by the board, so good on them. and good on everyone who put pressure on them to get this.

the main issue for me was always the gm/coach team side of things, so hopefully they put as much or more effort into that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VoxPopuliCosmicum View Post
    Not bad. Not great, mind you, but not bad, and certainly better than I was expecting. That seals it for me. I'll give them another shot.

Same here.

I will give them one more year to make things right.

Kudos to those that kept up the pressure on MLSE.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very, very impressed.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good on everyone who did something to make this happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hate to be a debbie downer here, but with them announcing a price freeze for '12, i'm not expecting them to invest a whole lot more into the team either.

either way, my funds i've allocated to TFC will now be used towards a Blue Jays Flex Pack. they are looking promising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done to everyone who helped toward this and to the FO for doing it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since so much of the team management/roster changes are understandibly in the (near) future, really the only thing the FO could do immediately is adjust prices. I see these price changes for 2012 and the comp'ed first game in 2011 to be significant price concessions on their part.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    some positives here. especially with a price freeze, which they seemed to be against to begin with. Overall could be worse. Early days yet, but I wont bitch for a next few hours.
    I will hold you to that
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VoxPopuliCosmicum View Post
    Agreed.

I haven't forgot about the last IV seasons, but its a step in the right direction. About as good as we could have hoped for.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Price freeze and refund on the home opener!
    This is great news!

It really seems they have learned a thing or two in recent weeks.
    If they maintain this kind of commitment to fans past the 2011 season, then things are looking up.

I renewed yesterday, and now I am extra happy that I did.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putting this into context of who this is coming from, MLSE, this is quite amazing.

Announcing a price freeze for next year for renewing SSH's is a great step.

Removing additional games from the base package is a greats step. The allows people who are on tighter budgets afford their MLS games and those that can afford the additional games to buy those options in addition to their package.

And giving next year's opener at no cost to renewing SSH's is a huge step in thanking TFC fans for their loyalty.

As Parky said .. Just wow. Not what I had been expecting but I have to say I am pleased with the steps they have taken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Well done to everyone who helped toward this and to the FO for doing it!

hey were u at the meeting last night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can effect change. I am glad I held out until the last minute and will renew my three seats due ONLY to the concessions that they made today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOLY SHIT! I can't believe I'm saying this but I am extremely pleased with the outcome of those town hall meetings and their response to them. This seals the deal for me, I'm renewing.