View Poll Results: What will you be doing with your MLS Cup Ticket?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go watch the 2 Random teams I don't care about - Heck I paid for the ticket.

51 36.96%
  • Sell the ticket - Some goof ball supporter from the US can freeze their a** off!

24 17.39%
  • Leave the seat empty - It's a sunk cost & I'm really pissed off. I hope ML$E's F&B Rev take the hit!

39 28.26%
  • Undecided / None of the Above.

24 17.39%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that it snows that day, I will make lots of yellow snow balls and tossed them at people

rr

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside of hardcore supporters, I expect that most SSHs will attend since they paid for the ticket -- I doubt those who "protest" by staying away will be noticed.

How many SSHs there will be is yet to be determined. The waiting lists are about to be tested.

As has been noted before, ML$E can always fill up the stadium with sponsors, so that it will be full.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    I hope that it snows that day, I will make lots of yellow snow balls and tossed them at people

rr

Just wear your lovely "green" jacket...that is punishment enough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had every intention of going when it was announced, I only wish MLSE would have contacted me and given me first refusal to give up MY seats to another patron if I wished not to attend. and in fact It didn't bother me that much that it was going to be included in next year's ticket package, saves me having to go online or line up to get tickets,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I had every intention of going when it was announced, I only wish MLSE would have contacted me and given me first refusal to give up MY seats to another patron if I wished not to attend. and in fact It didn't bother me that much that it was going to be included in next year's ticket package, saves me having to go online or line up to get tickets,
    and you get the $60 ticket for $22, something tells me if it wasn't in the package this wouldn't be the case.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro118 View Post
    and you get the $60 ticket for $22, something tells me if it wasn't in the package this wouldn't be the case.
    You are correct, being a light grey seat holder I am paying $21.85 for a ticket that is being sold to the public for $60.00. When you look back at the All-Star game in '08 the South End/Yellow was $24.00 to season seat holders and $70.00 to the public.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MLS is shite, there will be no top quality football.

There can be no quality football, there is no good football in this league, my hope had been that our club would bring it. They clearly have failed misrebly, and I will not be a puppet to those cakes in MLSE, and watch MY ENEMIES, FEAST IN MY STADIUM. Never. I am sorry that most of you do not see, the insult in all of this.

Since somewere in season two I understood that we were taken for a ride, an we kept on taking it. I will not take it. Many of you will. THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR FOOTY in this city, do not let MLSE fool you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes what I deal I am getting I am paying only 22 dollars to see to of my enemies play for a cup, that at this point my team may never win. What I deal, I can pay to be humiliated in my house. Rape me please MLSE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alex andrew View Post
    but seriously speaking, i would hate to see toronto fc in the finals, two years from now, somewhere in california or new york, and the stadium being empty, because hey !

Originally Posted by maximo_rpd
    It won't be empty - I will be there!!!

how will you ? if all the tickets are being fed to the respective season seat holders ?
    I will get them from fans who have not been FORCE FED their tickets...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    The MLS is shite, there will be no top quality football.

There can be no quality football, there is no good football in this league, my hope had been that our club would bring it. They clearly have failed misrebly, and I will not be a puppet to those cakes in MLSE, and watch MY ENEMIES, FEAST IN MY STADIUM. Never. I am sorry that most of you do not see, the insult in all of this.

Since somewere in season two I understood that we were taken for a ride, an we kept on taking it. I will not take it. Many of you will. THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR FOOTY in this city, do not let MLSE fool you.
    If everything is so below you, why do you support Toronto FC? You were expecting "top quality football" when you started supporting TFC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I support Toronto FC because it is the Toronto Football CLUB, period. I do not support MLSE nor MLS, as you do.

To be honest I am on the edge. I am tiered of this shit, including of the way many of you support this team. I do not understand it. Again I am from a diffrent football tradition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I support Toronto FC because it is the Toronto Football CLUB, period. I do not support MLSE nor MLS, as you do.

To be honest I am on the edge. I am tiered of this shit, including of the way many of you support this team. I do not understand it. Again I am from a diffrent football tradition.
    LOL

Fair enough though, I haven't renewed yet either, and I'm not 100% sure I will, I'm still hoping for further concessions. Trust me, there are MANY things that frustrate me about supporting this club, I sit in 118 for fuck sake.

It's not like I'm in love with the quality of football either, but league wide it's getting better.......... slowly

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Outside of hardcore supporters, I expect that most SSHs will attend since they paid for the ticket -- I doubt those who "protest" by staying away will be noticed.

How many SSHs there will be is yet to be determined. The waiting lists are about to be tested.

As has been noted before, ML$E can always fill up the stadium with sponsors, so that it will be full.
    this is the truth, I have a few solid soccer friends, players, refs for kids etc, and they never follow or are even aware of supporters groups angst......and talking to them, they are actually looking forward to attending the final as they feel it will be an entertaining, high quality game.....agreed for what it's worth.......I have a feeling the MLSE boy's hope the majority of supporters don't even show up, to avoid any conflict
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

With you trane.
    I love footy and the CSL experience has rejuvinated me as a supporter.
    Like I said before; owners, players and supporters all on the same page.
    I agree MLS sucks comparitive to other world class leagues but I can live with mediocrity to some degree.
    What I can't live with is MLSE.
    Can't see this getting better in TO until they are gone and a proper owner who will produce a good product that will produce devoted support, profits and a winning team, is in place.
    Until then?
    The OTPP thanks you for your continued support.
    KD.
    *edit - Ooopsy, wrong thread. My bad.
    Last edited by king dave; 10-20-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    im gonna sell to crew fans...that way we get random pockets of crew fans amongst TFC fans.
    there will be fights breaking out all over the place and the FO will look like idiots
    I first read that you would sell to a Crew fan I thought, what a nice gesture. Then seen your idiotic comment after and realized how stupid this is.
    Creating havoc is the last thing you want at the MLS Cup Final! If you think security was at all tough this year, just wait until next year. Ruckus at the Cup will prove nothing more than fuel to the fire for next seasons security bulk up.

I would rather sell to a fan of an opposing team that is coming in because I respect the 'fan' and know how important it is to support your team especially those willing to travel as I have traveled to away games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king dave View Post
    With you trane.
    I agree MLS sucks comparitive to other world class leagues but I can live with mediocrity to some degree.
    Can't see this getting better in TO until they are gone and a proper owner who will produce a good product that will produce devoted support, profits and a winning team, is in place.
    Until then?
    KD.
    Like the leafs, MLSE will never give up this club, so that is our choice, to live with it and hope for the best or turn our backs....the only way they ever sell any money making machine, is at a highly inflated price.....(see trying to get another hockey team in Toronto and how much someone will get raped for it),....and who would ever want to buy a small time pro franchise for what 50 MILL?...or what?......The big $$ boys go for the best...how would someone make any $$ back?....or are they going to do all of this just for our favour??? Right........I'm very pissed about a new love sticking it to me, but you adjust or move on......I've got 1 year left, probably wether they do well or not because I don't really want to pay much more than I am now................but after all unsuccessful relationships too much whining doesn't get you very far and is tiring ........myself included..........
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be in Boston for the Pats v Colts game

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I admire those of you who plan on leaving your seats empty for this game, because you are making a tough choice and sticking to it.

But I still think you are crazy!
    These are tickets that you paid for, and for what should be a half decent match.

I really feel like we have done a good job of getting our message out already,
    Missing out on the final won't do much to further the cause.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I admire those of you who plan on leaving your seats empty for this game, because you are making a tough choice and sticking to it.

But I still think you are crazy!
    These are tickets that you paid for, and for what should be a half decent match.

I really feel like we have done a good job of getting our message out already,
    Missing out on the final won't do much to further the cause.
    I dont think anybody who's decided not to go believes they are missing out. Who's really mnissing out are the fans of the teams who make the final. They wont get a dedicated section each, will have to scramble for expensive tickets or trust some faceless name from a message board in a different country to forward the ticket in exchange for hard-earned.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I dont think anybody who's decided not to go believes they are missing out. Who's really mnissing out are the fans of the teams who make the final. They wont get a dedicated section each, will have to scramble for expensive tickets or trust some faceless name from a message board in a different country to forward the ticket in exchange for hard-earned.

I understand what you are saying,
    But that has nothing to do with us.
    TFC fans aren't going to skip the Final because they feel bad for supporters from another city.

In fact, I doubt it would be possible to have dedicated supporter sections for visiting fans even if the front office wanted to.
    There just wouldn't be enough time to organize it and get the tickets sold.
    Especially considering the travel involved in this league.

Giving TFC fans first crack would have been the only other practical option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king dave View Post
    With you trane.
    Until then?
    KD.
    *edit - Ooopsy, wrong thread. My bad.
    You know that we see eye to eye on this. I do not expect the MLS to be a first tier league, but I expect solid footy, you should be able to get that at any professional level, EVEN in the CSL, were the tallent is lower, games are enjoyable to watch for me. Why? They try/play hard, they play within systems, they play with tactical inteligence for the most part. It is a slower less athletic game, but it is enjoyable to watch. That is all I expect.

I agree with you about the ownership group, I cannot believe that this ownership group will bring a winning football team to this city, I just cannot see it. I had hoped that in 10 years we would be playing Championship/Serie B level footy, and have a stadium that would hold 40,000 for big games, right now I cannot see it. This is great footy market for North America, the best, MLSE are blowing it. It is sad for me.
    Last edited by trane; 10-20-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you renew and then decide to boycott the game in protest, wouldn't the better protest have been to not renew?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I understand what you are saying,
    But that has nothing to do with us.
    TFC fans aren't going to skip the Final because they feel bad for supporters from another city.

In fact, I doubt it would be possible to have dedicated supporter sections for visiting fans even if the front office wanted to.
    There just wouldn't be enough time to organize it and get the tickets sold.
    Especially considering the travel involved in this league.

Giving TFC fans first crack would have been the only other practical option.
    It would be possible, and there would be enough time, it would just cut their profit margin and require semi-finalist teams to take a risk and begin planning ahead. This is done everywhere else and security is a big reason. Its nonsense to force the fans of two opposing teams to intermingle, it really is. Throwing in a third set of supporters with their own rivalry issues is insanity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MDC 77, I think you are right, and I think that I will not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    It would be possible, and there would be enough time, it would just cut their profit margin and require semi-finalist teams to take a risk and begin planning ahead. This is done everywhere else and security is a big reason. Its nonsense to force the fans of two opposing teams to intermingle, it really is. Throwing in a third set of supporters with their own rivalry issues is insanity.
    Exactly. If I went to the game I would get into a confrontaion fight, it would be a humiliating experience for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I would like to do:

Have about 100 of us do Origami with our tickets... in front of Gate 3. and then light them on fire before leaving to the pub.

I was thinking of a Swan... we can call it the Origami Supporters Campaign and contact Guniness World Records for the most simultenously burnt (useless) sports ticket on earth.

Yes that would be more fun
    Last edited by FluSH; 10-20-2010 at 08:23 PM.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from the forced purchase issue, it's no different than the all-star game. Go if you want to; if you don't, that's your business. I'm going and I'm pretty sure I'll see a decent game of soccer, even if TFC isn't involved. I watch a lot of soccer that doesn't involve TFC and yet somehow I am able to enjoy it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    What I would like to do:

Have about 100 of us do Origami with our tickets... in front of Gate 3. and then light them on fire before leaving to the pub.

I was thinking of a Swan... we can call it the Origami Supporters Campaign and contact Guniness World Records for the most simultenously burnt (useless) sports ticket on earth.

Yes that would be more fun
    Hahaha, love it!

Hey, I respect those who want to see the match because a) they paid for it after all, or b) they want to see what hopefully will be a good footy exhibition. But for me personally, what on earth is the point of seeing a match at BMO that doesn't involve TFC or Canada, and more than likely, will see one of our bitterest rivals be showered in glory. To that, I say, no thanks.

Again, don't get me wrong. To each their own, and to those that do go, I hope you enjoy the match.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're going to consolidate any further MLS Cup discussion in one thread:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...t=25076&page=5
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto