Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Next Year "I Want More Canadians" Thread

This season reminded me of the year the bills went 3-13 in 2001 and I was glad I missed the majority of games. Nevermind how the bills are doing this season.

I think Mo did have an eye for scouting talent, but as far as the ability to wheel and deal he was a gambler who didnt know when to stop. He literally gambled the first season away. And the second. And the third. And in the 4th season I think he knew what was coming and literally had a desire to rid himself of any blame by saying this team was Preki's team in an effort to save his own ass. Free trips to Brazil

In the future I would like to see the following managerial and coaching structure:

Director of Football Operations
    Head of Scouting Operations
    Performance Analyst
    Head of Academy Development
    Head Coach
    Assistant Head Coach
    Coaches
    Fitness Coach
    Goalkeepers Coach
    Academy Manager
    Academy Assistant Coach
    Physio

In 2011, a year where there might not be a Canadian quota, the number of Canadian players should at least equal the number of American and International players together.
    Last edited by [NBF]; 10-17-2010 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's touching...but i rather see a winner first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its very cute. I admire your optimism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want winners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB5-yJM3vJc

I don't care where they're from.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm done clinging to the romanticized notion of a TFC with lots of Canadian players. The talent pool isn't deep enough, and we are artificially limiting ourselves by doing so.

I'm all for scooping up the odd Canadian talent, and trying to create more Canadian talent through the Academy, but aside from that, I'm done.

Winner first, Canadians second. With more and more Canadian teams entering the league and picking over the already slim list of good Canadian players, achieving both is going to become harder and harder.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I'm done clinging to the romanticized notion of a TFC with lots of Canadian players. The talent pool isn't deep enough, and we are artificially limiting ourselves by doing so.

I'm all for scooping up the odd Canadian talent, and trying to create more Canadian talent through the Academy, but aside from that, I'm done.

Winner first, Canadians second. With more and more Canadian teams entering the league and picking over the already slim list of good Canadian players, achieving both is going to become harder and harder.

- Scott
    Me too.

Maybe picking players from a Nation ranked 14th in the world might be a slightly better idea than stocking the team with a country ranked in 50s.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

- Scott
    this
    we're not ready. taking more canadians from the national team would equal us to having to chance days where we play, the same day canada does.
    remember the emergency signings we had to do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget more Canadians. Bring in talent, real talent, from anywhere. There just are not enough top Canadians or we wouldn't be an also ran in qualifying for world cups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    Forget more Canadians. Bring in talent, real talent, from anywhere. There just are not enough top Canadians or we wouldn't be an also ran in qualifying for world cups.
    What he said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What he said.

Talent and attitude is all that matters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    ..., the number of Canadian players should at least equal the number of American and International players together.
    Who, and where are these Canadian players today?

just sayin'

Heathen

Not at the risk of ending up with another Julian De Guzman

thankless moocher, riding on the coattails of others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason why TFC is a bag of smelly oozing aids shit is BECAUSE we have so many Canadian players.

I swear it's like no one has ever seen a CMNT game? Who in their right mind would sign ANY Canadian after watching one of those smh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ANSELMI, please don't pay attention to this, we don't need more Canadians. We need GOOD Argentinian/Brasilian coaching and players.

yeah yeah yeah..i know someone is gonna say "we tried it and it didn't work" with Vitto, Santos, and other latino players like Ruiz, Guevara, Nagamura, and Mista if you include hispanic players.

But i'm saying 3 Argentinian/Brazilian players to run the offense.

GOT THAT ANSELMI!!!??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is how we ended up with jdg. I have no interest in getting more canadians in the lineup just now unless they improve the team like Lindsay did yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's the reason we're so shit already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem with bringing in canadians isn't so much how many or few there are or how they play on the field, its the lack of a hometown discount that might be perceived with bringing in a Canadian. Instead of a hometown discount it costs us more to bring in a Canadian than someone with similar skill. Ie. look at the cost of JDG

Ie. look at what it cost us to bring Ali Gerba to the team. Picking up Nick Garcia + Gerba's 100k+ + our 3rd round pick that might have brought someone better than Nane Joseph + some allocation too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What everybody else said. I want the opposite. I want the number of Canadians to be the number that is forced on us.

The rest, if they even played frisbee in a Canadian park when they were little I'm not interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KdotOdot View Post
    The reason why TFC is a bag of smelly oozing aids shit is BECAUSE we have so many Canadian players.

I swear it's like no one has ever seen a CMNT game? Who in their right mind would sign ANY Canadian after watching one of those smh.
    We barely have any, and the ones we do have aside from De GuZ are our best players. Go play in front of traffic please.

As far as people wanting a winner first, the best way I see that is through a lineup developed from within.

I have no problem with everyone saying we shouldn't go out of our way with getting Canadians, but to the pretentious c*ck suckers saying we should go out of our way to not get Canadians like the guy I just quoted, go f*ck yourselves.

Remember, the Blizzard never become successful until the majority of their lineup became Canadian. Something to think about.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the TS will get his wish with Canadians being in equal number as Americans or internationals next season, but by 2016? Definately. However, like Shakes suggests, they would be developed from the academy.
    Last edited by Macksam; 10-18-2010 at 08:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So using kdots anti Cdn logic (rhetorically speaking), is there even a need to discuss just where TFC would be without Attakora, Cann, de Guzman and De Rosario this season?

And I guess it's pointless to mention the contributions that Bunbury, Hainault, Jakovic and Johnson make to their respective MLS clubs.
    (not to discount/dismiss efforts by Edwards, Onstad, Serioux & Sutton)

....and another additon to my ignore list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's set the record straight... Attakora was responsible for so many bone headed plays in his own box that led to goals... On defense he was terrible on set pieces.. he ended up frozen watching his opponents heading balls into the net...

He has potential, but I am sure that the team's plus/minus was better when he sat...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To put it in a better way:

The Canadians who should be here are the ones who deserve to be here. Nobody should be guaranteed a spot due to their nationality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All six or seven of them? 3 of them being among our top 10 best players.

Yeah those Canadians, they're fucking awful.

Idiot.
    Last edited by TFCRegina; 10-17-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fetajr View Post
    ANSELMI, please don't pay attention to this, we don't need more Canadians. We need GOOD Argentinian/Brasilian coaching and players.

yeah yeah yeah..i know someone is gonna say "we tried it and it didn't work" with Vitto, Santos, and other latino players like Ruiz, Guevara, Nagamura, and Mista if you include hispanic players.

But i'm saying 3 Argentinian/Brazilian players to run the offense.

GOT THAT ANSELMI!!!??
    Santos was a great acquisition. It was finding a gem in a steaming pile of dog shit that Mo signed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Santos was a great acquisition. It was finding a gem in a steaming pile of dog shit that Mo signed.
    Yeah, Vitti had his moments to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    Yeah, Vitti had his moments to.
    Not even comparable.

Santos was far more effective with a steaming pile of crap around him. The difference between Santos and Vitti is that one created play and the other pretended to create play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Santos was far more effective with a steaming pile of crap around him.

we'll, there you go. Thats 1 effective Brasilian.

Imagine 3 or 4 effective Argentinians/Brasilians?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    What everybody else said. I want the opposite. I want the number of Canadians to be the number that is forced on us.

The rest, if they even played frisbee in a Canadian park when they were little I'm not interested.
    This season didn't suck because we have too many Canadians. This season sucked because of all the points that have been raised in the various threads. Sure, one of the Canadians (JDG) didn't play as well as we wanted but remember when all of us were collectively falling head over heels for TFC to sign him.

Unfortunately, talented Canadians who could add something to TFC are playing for clubs like PSV, Manisaspor or Norwich City...and they are better off playing in Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fetajr View Post
    we'll, there you go. Thats 1 effective Brasilian.

Imagine 3 or 4 effective Argentinians/Brasilians?
    Could you imagine 1 ineffective Argentine? I can.

The Canadians are not to blame. For every effective player we've found, there have been 5 to 10 ineffective ones.

The Canadians on this team this year were by and large above the average.

thankless moocher, riding on the coattails of others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are HILARIOUS.

De Guzman might be the worst player in the history of the sport.
    DeRosario is a middle aged "G" who thinks he's too good to distribute the ball.
    Attakora is hot and cold like a Hall's blowjob.

They play for a shitty sub par North American bush league. They are NOT world class players as our wonderful country is a pathetically ranked in world football standings. I'm quite sure a bunch of random landscapers from some small Spanish village could shit kick our National Team with a weeks notice.

Don't go getting all emo guys. Jambo's right, we didn't lose because of our poor Canadian Talent, we just proved how far our on field Canadian talent can take us. NOWHERE.

LOL@TFC Regina. You know what your name rhymes with right?