Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    like who..the market is diluted, there is not much out there...those that are out there are broken pieces
    Surely you jest. Our current DPs make $35,000 a week. Do you really think we couldn't get a game changer of above MLS level for that? Good lord. There are 100,000-plus registered professionals in the world. I guarantee you for that money we could get a 15-20 goal scorer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    I think you protect Frei (int), Conway, Nana, Cann, Harden, Gomez (int), Gargan, LaBrocca, DeRo, Barrett and Maicon (int). Henry and Lindsay are auto protected.

Leaving Kocic, Garcia, Usanov, Hscanovics, JDG, Peterson, Saric, Nane, White, Mista, Gala and Sanyang available. If Ibby is no longer GA then he goes here.

Due to the cap, MLS is about value. No one on the 2nd list (aside from maybe Sanyang) provides real value for their salary. If you were Vancouver or Portland there isn't anyone there that you feel that you have to get.

I don't think that TFC lose 2 players in this expansion draft.
    Letting Sanyang go would be insane. He's only just turned 19 and his athletic upside is absolutely enormous. He's also quite talented already, just headstrong.

Three years from now, we'll get Mo Edu money for him. Gomez is actually the longer shot to make it, although his athleticism for his size and build is really surprising, and I'd keep them both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    yea... although i guess he's kinda confused about his position. sometimes they've had him in midfield, sometimes at the back.

I just find he hasn't refined anything. he's still that jittery, jumpy, unpolished player he was a few years ago.

Watching the academy kid Morgan the other day, I couldn't help thinking about how much more refined and smooth he is compared to Gala.
    He plays week in and out. The lack of a dev/reserve league is killing Gala. And they should've loaned him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    White could be a good pick up if they can find a winger who can provide service. I think that with service he could be a decent striker in the MLS. I don't think he is any worse than Edson Buddle, Buddle just has better service.

You don't win the NCAA's best player in the league as a Junoir for nothing.
    He's not at Buddle's level in terms of reading when to attack the backline, discipline in going to either post, stuff like that. He has definite skills and his lack of acceleration, which isn't the worst sin, even for a striker, belies deceptive speed when he's on the run.

He's strong, he works hard. He's on a team with no service and he's never been the kind of striker to do it all on his own. Plus, when he is one-on-one at this level, he can't just barge by guys like NCAA.

Seriously hurt him, staying in school for one more year. But he's still got potential to be a decent MLS striker if he's in the right lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's on a team with no service and he's never been the kind of striker to do it all on his own. Plus, when he is one-on-one at this level, he can't just barge by guys like NCAA.
    Which is the exact opposite of his junior year. UConn was stacked, he was recruited as a piece of a puzzle, he finished what others started. He benefited greatly - as we can see.

Seriously hurt him, staying in school for one more year.
    And I'm sure you're not talking about the knee injury.

Ray Reid is a NCAA recruiter/Manager not a development type coach. He'd make a good scout. But Reid doesn't let players leave without a fight. He's very selfish, I hear players are shamed into staying, "don't abondon your team". Reid's very much the opposite of Cirovski, Porter, or a Vidovich. UConn players just don't get develop technically as well as players at other top 10 schools. They pretty much fend for themselves.

Uconn has a couple of gems right now, but they'll struggle with the transition to pro when it's their turn. White struggles, Julies James struggles, Pezza struggled, Stahl struggles, Priestley struggled and he's out. It's UConn's curse...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Vancouver can have Gala. He hasn't improved in 3 years. Morgan and Lindsay are better, and younger.
    Gala has the skill already, he is lazy in practice (from what I have heard)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely you jest. Our current DPs make $35,000 a week. Do you really think we couldn't get a game changer of above MLS level for that? Good lord. There are 100,000-plus registered professionals in the world. I guarantee you for that money we could get a 15-20 goal scorer.
    like I said WHOOOOO... there is no one out there right now that is worth being a DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    like I said WHOOOOO... there is no one out there right now that is worth being a DP
    You're getting way too specific with this.

It's like asking "who's going to play on the wing next year?". We have no idea! but surely there is someone better than who we have currently! Just because we have no idea who that will be doesn't mean they aren't out there.

If you have the time, go look for someone in Brazil or Argentina between the ages of 27-32, who is a star down there but has probably flamed out in europe once. The Brazilian clubs throw these guys out all the time because they want to blood the younger players.

Here's one: Andrés D'Alessandro

Continuing on...
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-21-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He plays week in and out. The lack of a dev/reserve league is killing Gala. And they should've loaned him out.
    ya, true. I wonder if he's lost too much time now to be a starter in this league. He's 21.. will be 22 next year. I wonder if he'll be the next Lombardo, playing in the CSL.

Anyways, I'm just not that worried about losing Gabe in an expansion draft. I don't think he'd come back to haunt us if he left.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having talked to Earl Cochrane at one of the town halls, he will definitely protect De Guzman. He speaks very highly of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    You're getting way too specific with this.

It's like asking "who's going to play on the wing next year?". We have no idea! but surely there is someone better than who we have currently! Just because we have no idea who that will be doesn't mean they aren't out there.

If you have the time, go look for someone in Brazil or Argentina between the ages of 27-32, who is a star down there but has probably flamed out in europe once. The Brazilian clubs throw these guys out all the time because they want to blood the younger players.

Here's one: Andrés D'Alessandro

Continuing on...

On December 13, 2008 it was reported on ESPN Deportes that the Los Angeles Galaxy had made a $10 million dollar offer to Internacional for D'Alesandro but was declined. Internacional vice president Fernando Carvalho was quoted; "The offer came from the Los Angeles Galaxy of the United States. I didn't even want to listen to the details. The offer was for more money than we paid for D'Alessandro, who arrived here for five million euros, but we want to keep the Argentinian."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^funny i was just looking at him the other day...he toughed it out in russia for a while

Ussssanov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I !thought I posted something in this thread somewhere about the gGen A grad list.

The MLS club reps here at the super Y finals r saying MLS will announce the list on Monday the 22nd, after the cup final.

EDIT: I'm too old to be drinking this long...

here it is
    "As Generation adidas graduates, the following players will begin to count against their clubs’ salary budgets in 2011, an important consideration as teams begin building their rosters for next season:
    Eric Avila (FC Dallas), Nico Colaluca (New England Revolution), Roger Espinoza (Kansas City), Stefan Frei (Toronto FC), Bruno Guarda (FC Dallas), Baggio Husidic (Chicago Fire), Fuad Ibrahim (Toronto FC), Chance Myers (Kansas City), Alex Nimo (Real Salt Lake), Ciaran O’Brien (Colorado Rapids), and Brek Shea (FC Dallas).
    Graduates from the program could be made available for selection in the MLS Expansion Draft on Nov. 24 unless placed on a club’s protected list.

So it would appear that the clubs have been or would be notified prior to submitting their protected lists."

sorry all, good night.

EDIT 2:
    Ibby = about F'n time, as I said it earlier today to someone, his lifeline as a footballer is solely based on his Gen A contract.
    Last edited by Sullivan; 11-17-2010 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Letting Sanyang go would be insane. He's only just turned 19 and his athletic upside is absolutely enormous. He's also quite talented already, just headstrong.

Three years from now, we'll get Mo Edu money for him. Gomez is actually the longer shot to make it, although his athleticism for his size and build is really surprising, and I'd keep them both.
    With the new expanded roster and reserve league I'd tend to agree on Sanyang.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

protected lists come out today in the afternoon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no word whos on our list yet?
    I see the columbus one is up in big soccer

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any idea when ours is coming out?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no clue, read somewhere the listsll be out by 5.30

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Who would be responsible for putting the protected list together?

Cochrane? Brennan? Klinsmann?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

supposed to be at 5pm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Who would be responsible for putting the protected list together?

Cochrane? Brennan? Klinsmann?
    prob first two

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://twitter.com/#!/LukeWileman/st...70975333269505

#tfc players unprotected: Barrett, de Guzman, Gala, Garcia, Hscanovics, Ibrahim, Kocic, Mista, Nane, Sanyang, Saric, Usanov, White

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    Having talked to Earl Cochrane at one of the town halls, he will definitely protect De Guzman. He speaks very highly of him.
    Maybe he thought you were a scout from Vancouver so he was selling JDG to you - since he's unprotected...

Carts...

PS: Lets be serious, I doubt anyone would want JDG's salary to impact ration on their club...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Protected:
    Jon Conway
    Nana Attakora
    Dan Gargan
    Adrian Cann
    Dwayne De Rosario
    Ty Harden
    Nick Labrocca
    Jacob Peterson
    Stefan Frei (I)
    Maicon Santos (I)
    Emmanuel Gomez (I)

Home Grown:
    Nicolas Lindsey
    Doniel Henry

So 5 defenders and 2 goalies protected...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver I think just might pick Blaise Nkufo (his wife lives in Vancouver)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember guys, Blaise Nkufo is a DP player. Do you really think Vancouver will use their 2nd DP on him. We'll see Wednesday afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Nkufo is worthy of being a DP, I think he and Onstad will head to Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Chad is the most likely Toronto player to be selected in the expansion draft. Nick Garcia and Mista are the least likely to be selected.
    The protection of Gomez must be an indication that his health outlook is a positive one. Protecting Peterson and Labrocca indicates that TFC and I were not watching the same midfield this past season.
    I figure that not protecting JDG is a calculated risk - would an expansion team risk so much money?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Remember guys, Blaise Nkufo is a DP player. Do you really think Vancouver will use their 2nd DP on him. We'll see Wednesday afternoon.
    They'd be mental not to, and I'd be stunned if they didn't.This one reeks of being prearranged.