Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Danny Dichio 23:13

It took me a second to realize that it was us who were chanting tonight at the MLS Cup... and there it was Danny Dichio 23:13.

The most heard voices...

I'm glad that those who went paid respect to our grounds proper. It made me tear.

One day we will make the playoffs and play in these finals...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post

It would be magical...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be magical....I miss Dichio....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    It took me a second to realize that it was us who were chanting tonight at the MLS Cup... and there it was Danny Dichio 23:13.

The most heard voices...

I'm glad that those who went paid respect to our grounds proper. It made me tear.

all i can say is awesome!
    it would have been crazy if the majority of tfc supporters decided to show up at the game and drown out the other supporters with pro-TFC chants. that would have been classic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clc12 View Post
    all i can say is awesome!
    it would have been crazy if the majority of tfc supporters decided to show up at the game and drown out the other supporters with pro-TFC chants. that would have been classic.
    Like that Dichio was done but it would have been kind of shitty to sing TFC chants without our team being there... a little classless...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Stone View Post
    Like that Dichio was done but it would have been kind of shitty to sing TFC chants without our team being there... a little classless...
    as long as we are at home i think its fair game.
    this is our house!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think respecting the supporters of the two teams playing is equally as important. The FCD and Rapids fans traveled a long way and honestly this weekend for those that partook was about setting past supporter differences and enjoying ourselves. Shit look at joes or football factory they were great.

So to me doing a lot of TFC chants would have just been a little classless. That's my personal view though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was great to hear! Like clc12 said, this is our house so it's totally fair game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The spontaneous 23:13 chant during ot was nice too..
    Last edited by loconet; 11-22-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screw the rest of the league. We had to pay for this game. And the game mostly sucked. I sang loud and proud for TFC. It is a disgrace that neither Dallas or Colorado could not host this game, but it was here and the top of 109, 110, 111 and the better parts of 112 and 113 had a good time singing for TFC. (no disrespect to the other sections where you did your best.)

For the week and pre-game we toasted the visitors. I was at Joe's on Saturday and 'grinned and bared it' when the visitors mocked us in words and song. It was all in good spirit, but when the game started: fuck them. Bring your people if you want the show.

We sang and it was good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was sitting near the Colorado supporters section. A good number of them loudly sang along with the Dichio chant at 23:13 of regular time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved it that there were two 23:13. And the Dichio was sung on both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post
    I think respecting the supporters of the two teams playing is equally as important. The FCD and Rapids fans traveled a long way and honestly this weekend for those that partook was about setting past supporter differences and enjoying ourselves. Shit look at joes or football factory they were great.

So to me doing a lot of TFC chants would have just been a little classless. That's my personal view though
    Agreed. There were several TFC chants that people tried starting up, but didnt last long at all, and ended up being pretty quiet. I admit, I did take part in a couple TFC chants, but only those that are must haves at BMO.

I am suprised at how many Dallas fans came out. With the distance that they had to travel, and the problems they have in the stands at their own park, it was great to see so many of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    I am suprised at how many Dallas fans came out. With the distance that they had to travel, and the problems they have in the stands at their own park, it was great to see so many of them.
    didn't their FO fly them all up if they had a ticket for the MLS Cup?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    didn't their FO fly them all up if they had a ticket for the MLS Cup?
    no not all - their FO did charter a flight etc and sell packages that included the ticket, subsidized flight and hotel. Which is equally awesome.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran into a couple of Dallas and Calorado fans in town over the weekend, many of which had never been to Canada before, and they were all really impressed with the city and the club's supporters. And to be honest, I think their trip up north may have shattered a few previous misconceptions about us.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I met people from Both teams and ones from L.A. , Houston and Philadelphia who were here for the first time. Everyone said that T.O. was a cool city.

P.S. Was the Dallas F.O. at Shoeless before the game last night? I saw a few professionally dressed people enter a limo to head to the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no not all - their FO did charter a flight etc and sell packages that included the ticket, subsidized flight and hotel. Which is equally awesome.
    as much as i wanted to see that happen for us in Toronto, but i'm not even going to entertain the remote possibility of our FO considering it

this is FC Dallas's owner who knows sporting franchises (per wiki)

Clark Knobel Hunt (born February 19, 1965) is Chairman of the Board of the National Football League's Kansas City Chiefs and a founding investor-owner in Major League Soccer. Hunt inherited ownership of Major League Soccer's Columbus Crew and FC Dallas in 2006.

He is the son of Lamar Hunt and the grandson of oil tycoon H.L. Hunt. Following the death of his father in 2006, Clark, his sister, and two brothers inherited ownership of the Chiefs. Clark serves as the ultimate authority as Chairman of the Board.[1]
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^they were all there there including some cheer leaders.
    And yes all drinking together read that TFC FO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a great weekend and i need to get some sleep now.
    In my onion final should always be in neutral location and MLS should start treating it as a weeklong festival of football.
    It was great to sing Dichio and do the bounce with LA, Chivas and Portland supporters.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavydMT View Post
    In my onion final should always be in neutral location and MLS should start treating it as a weeklong festival of football.

my onion agrees
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zamperina View Post
    P.S. Was the Dallas F.O. at Shoeless before the game last night? I saw a few professionally dressed people enter a limo to head to the game.
    Yup; their entire front office and owner as well as the mayor of one of the burbs of Dallas.

Pek, I agree with you would be fantastic to see but ya...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dichio23:13 was the most fun I had all night! Well done to those who started it up. It was also one of the best I've heard in a loooooooooooooong time! Too bad our team wasn't there to enjoy it with us.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh...The second Dichio 23:13 in extra time was a riot! at first we were all like "huh?" but then we looked at the clock and went "oh ya!"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Met a very entertaining group of Red Bull fans - raving about their new stadium - and a group from Kentucky. Nice people with nothing but nice things to say about Toronto. Very impressed with the soccer culture they experienced here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you on this one. I seriously rolled my eyes when I heard it AGAIN in extra time. Maybe now that we've done it at the cup we can let it go.. not likely though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the fact the Dichio chant was done - it was our "stamp from the stands" in hosting the game...

Flooding the game with TFC chants would have been just stupid in my opinion...

We reacted to the match - but held to our tradition...

In my opinion, that was a perfect display of hosting the match...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I loved the fact the Dichio chant was done - it was our "stamp from the stands" in hosting the game...

Flooding the game with TFC chants would have been just stupid in my opinion...

We reacted to the match - but held to our tradition...

In my opinion, that was a perfect display of hosting the match...

Carts...
    agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't read any other threads so I appologise if this has been addressed elsewhere.
    When Jurgen Klinsman does his analysis of the team and operations, could he possibly fire Danny Dichio? Is there anyone there to let him know what a huge mistake that would be? Will someone show him that we sing for Danny even at the MLS Cup final? I don't care if Danny turns out to be the worst assistant coach in the world. He should always have a home here.
    BTW It was awesome to hear the 23:13 come rolling up the stadium. I was in 127 and could hear it faintly coming from the south end. Then the east side caught on and finally it spread to the north.