View Poll Results: Should Tom Anselmi be Fired right after ticket renewal is complete?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

140 80.92%
  • No

33 19.08%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but didn't Paul Beirne say in an RPB video in season 1 that they were looking at a top DP? or was that season 2?

it was in the interview video where a RPB got a tour of BMO Field and sat down with PB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, who are the 20 teachers that voted no?

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go even higher than TOM, his boss too, calling leaf fans, speak the fuck up leaf fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should Tom be fired? Yes.
    Will Tom be fired? No.

Renewal results will be bad... how bad I don't know? But clearly results will be below expectations. But the problem is bigger than just some bad sales numbers for a single year. Anytime your most loyal customers respond to your sales and marketing strategy by organizing protests that garner local and national press coverage you've really screwed up.

I remember watching "Lebron: The Decision" and thinking, "how could Lebron and his 'people' possibly think this was a good marketing idea?" The TFC ticket renewal strategy has the same kind feeling - its just so bad you scratch your head think, "did they really just do this?"

I've lead pricing and customer acquistion/retention departments for some big companies, so I can see the technical mistakes these guys probably made in building their plans and models for this years renewal pricing and bundling.

This was a colossal business failure but Tom won't lose his job over this. I suspect that Paul B will take a bit of hit internally, but he won't lost his job either. I bet they hire a president/vp who will be Paul's new boss and the internal spin will be, "Paul's great, but this business grew much faster then we expected and he just didn't have enough experience to handle everything as it got bigger."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why fire Tom...he is trying (finally) to understand what it takes to please as many fans as possible...firing Tom means bringing in a no guy who DOESN'T GET IT, and dare I suggest probably worse than Tom

everyone is so bloody quick to jump on the fire tom train, no one has ever thought, hey maybe his replacement might be WORSE

then y'all be begging for Tom back

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ What if his replacement is a lot better?

Why would the new guy "not get it?"

You're making two very big assumptions based on nothing more than speculation.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    Why fire Tom...he is trying (finally) to understand what it takes to please as many fans as possible...firing Tom means bringing in a no guy who DOESN'T GET IT, and dare I suggest probably worse than Tom

everyone is so bloody quick to jump on the fire tom train, no one has ever thought, hey maybe his replacement might be WORSE

What does Anselmi do? What are his responsiblities?

It's absolutely crystal clear that he knows very little about football yet he makes comments about he thinks we were "a few tweaks" from being a playoff team last year.

Gimme a break.

How much worse could it get?

Fire him and hire somebody who knows something about football...or at least hire somebody who won't stick his nose in the football side of things if he's not capable of doing so.

I'd fire Anselmi in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahah. Quick to jump on the fire Tom train? Has he not been at the head of this club for four years? How is that quick, and no his replacement can only be as bad not any worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same argument could be made for head coach's and GM's. At the end of the day, where is the proof that Anselmi can bring a winning culture to TFC? I have yet to see it. Some people have it and others don't. Anselmi doesn't. He can say everything he wants about working hard and doing his homework, but he is what he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Maybe the homeworkd should have been done in 2007 not in 2011.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season ticket prices will be frozen until end of 2011 (renewal for 2012).

The updated pricing scheme just bought Anselmi enough time until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ^ What if his replacement is a lot better?

Why would the new guy "not get it?"

You're making two very big assumptions based on nothing more than speculation.
    that is asking a lot of MLSE to think that a replacement would be any better

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Hahahahah. Quick to jump on the fire Tom train? Has he not been at the head of this club for four years? How is that quick, and no his replacement can only be as bad not any worse.
    since you didn't care to read earlier here it is trane

so NO

I think if he would just come be a supporter for a game, come to 112 and participate, come to Joes and do a march, live the experience, come on a road trip and just be one of us, he might see where we are coming from and he might want to work for us, but the effort needs to come from Anselmi to try this out, and we need to in turn give him the respect.

Basically he needs to become an actual soccer supporter, kind of like Drew Carey is, kind of like a Mike Ashley in order to better appreciate where we come from and to in the end better serve, us, the customers
    Quote Originally Posted by stugautz View Post
    Same argument could be made for head coach's and GM's. At the end of the day, where is the proof that Anselmi can bring a winning culture to TFC? I have yet to see it. Some people have it and others don't. Anselmi doesn't. He can say everything he wants about working hard and doing his homework, but he is what he is.
    we shall see soon, but if they have said they are going to bring in a name that most fans will recognize and they say that there is no salary cap in spending on things outside of players...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stugautz View Post
    No, he should have been fired a long time ago. How many consecutive seasons have the leafs, raptors and TFC missed the playoffs?
    Yet MLSE is making scads of money, your business would be crazy to fire a succesful businessman.
    If TFC were winning more games this would not be an issue.
    We really are quite fickle aren't we.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Season ticket prices will be frozen until end of 2011 (renewal for 2012).

The updated pricing scheme just bought Anselmi enough time until then.
    So, if they make the playoffs and then charge you more per game for the privilege of attending that playoff game... all is cool?

Even when LA gives out playoff games as a free bonus?

Not saying this to you personally but I do find it funny that we are thanking the guy for "listening" when he had his ears closed for business through 4 seasons. He is still the guy that hired, kept and then extended Mo throughout his tenure.

This is the guy who is outsourcing his GM search to some unknown (team of?) expert(s) but will ultimately decide whether the hired GM and his team are doing good job.

He was at the helm for 4 seasons of price increases that took us from plans for a "discounted season ticket package for kids under 14" to one in which you may be paying double what you used to.

As far as I know, the Marlies crap package is still going to be sold to.

He's only bought time from those who are easily distracted. Including those that equate winning with ticket prices.
    Last edited by Pookie; 10-23-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    His job as Executive VP and COO for MLSE is safe. Do I think he will be fired no. Do I think he should be fired no. He is making money had over fist for MLSE with the leafs, raptors and Real Sports. Overall MLSE is in a good position and from a business perspective he is doing just fine. He will collect his annual bonus and probably get some ribbing at the company christmas party about how he handled those TFC fans back in the fall.

Do I think he has squandered a good thing with TFC oh yeah. If there is any scape goats both have been shown the door. MLSE made it really clear that Preki and Mo were responsible and they have been dealt with.
    Very well said and completely agree.. Still clueless as to why people want Anselmi fired...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by maximo_rpd View Post
    Ah boys, DichioTFC has brought us to the crossroads that will actually decide wether TFC will slide into oblivion or rise from the ashes like a phoenix... Should Tom Anselmi be fired right now, this year, tout suite, right after the ticket renewal period is over? Should the house be cleaned completely, or should the big fish be allowed to slither away... Should the person really responsible get away with it? Answer the following questions and then comment/vote

Whose fault was it that Mo was hired in the first place?
    ...Tom Anselmi?
    Whose fault was it that Mo was promoted, despite lack of results?
    ...Tom Anselmi?
    Whose fault was it that Mo's got a job extension despite last year's failure in New York?
    ...Tom Anselmi?
    Who is responsible for the boys having to play an extra year on artificial turf (while spending 1/2 million? hauling in grass for the madrid game)?
    ...Tom Anselme?
    Who is responsible for a dorky, useless and awkward seat relocation process?
    ...Tom Anselme?
    Who has brought in, and continues to bring in crappy consultants because he doesn't know much about soccer?
    ...Tom Anselme?
    Who is responsible for the 75%-100% price hike in seats in only FOUR years - during a recession, with pathetic results each year on the field?
    ...Tom Anselme?
    Who is responsible for the most discusting Season Ticket Holder offering in living memory, in all of Major sport?
    ...Tom Anselme?
    Who was on major media last week and bumbled and fumbled to try to come up with the number of games included in the season ticket package they are trying to fleece Toronto FC fans with?
    ...Tom Anselme?
    Who has launched a bunch of bogus townhalls and stands in front of everyone continuing to give the city of Toronto (with the most ardent soccer fans in North America) piffle, baffle gab, spin and a few crocodile tears rather than directly dealing with, and fixing the issues at hand:
    - continued unbelievable price hikes with terrible product on the field
    - forced inclusion of MLS Cup 2010 tickets in a 2011 package
    - an overall ticket package that disrespects the fans in too many ways to count...
    ...Could it be Tom Anselme?

The solution is obvious, and we should do a poll on it now (if I can figure out polls, I will put it up next...)

The solution is:

A 2011 Season Ticket package that includes
    only the 17 regular season MLS games for
    the exact same total price as last year.

This will allow the fan base to survive intact, feel respected, invigourate ticket sales and launch the "NEW Toronto FC" into the next few seasons.

I do not think that Tom Anselmi is smart enough to realize that this is what is required, so I vote to:
    KICK HIS ASS AS SOON AS THE TICKET RENEWAL PERIOD IS COMPLETE
    and whose fault is it that your a moron..tom anselmi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlemon69 View Post
    Very well said and completely agree.. Still clueless as to why people want Anselmi fired...
    very simple...

he makes decisoins that directly affect the quality on the field and those decisions have been shitty. (ie: hiring/extending Mo)

if he's willing to step back and let soccer people make the soccer related decisions then fine, he can stay...but he's shown that he can't/won't do that.

he is part of the (huge) problem with this club and we won't move forward until it's solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    very simple...

he makes decisoins that directly affect the quality on the field and those decisions have been shitty. (ie: hiring/extending Mo)

if he's willing to step back and let soccer people make the soccer related decisions then fine, he can stay...but he's shown that he can't/won't do that.

he is part of the (huge) problem with this club and we won't move forward until it's solved.
    umm not sure, but hiring (a) consultent(s) to find a GM is not a step back then i dunno what is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm not sure, but hiring (a) consultent(s) to find a GM is not a step back then i dunno what is

That's fine. I'm okay with that...as long as he doesn't come out anymore and talk about how close we were/are to making the playoffs or how good or bad we are. He should only have a say in the business side of things. In truth I don't even trust that he can hire the right consultants to hire the right GM.

The guy is not a soccer guy. He's a business guy. He should be nowhere near the team...let alone speaking for it, or making decisions that affect the on field product.

We have our priorites skewed right now if you ask me. They fucked us over so well with the renewals/package that we've lost focus that this team needs A LOT of work to make it competitive.

We have no coach.
    No GM.
    and lots of holes all over the field.

We're like a first year team all over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FUCK MLS CSL IS WHERE IT'S AT DON you can take your fucking mls and stick it up your US ass

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, there's the door
    leave

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    FUCK MLS CSL IS WHERE IT'S AT DON you can take your fucking mls and stick it up your US ass
    MLS is where our team plays. The team in which we support on this site. Perhaps you could direct such comments to a CSL forum..
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I know right. some of us actually live in Toronto, so Toronto FC might make more sense to us.

Screw the CSL!!!