View Poll Results: Should Tom Anselmi be Fired right after ticket renewal is complete?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

140 80.92%
  • No

33 19.08%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Should Anselmi Be Fired Now?

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post

... I sincerely someone takes my question and runs with it:
    IMO, Anselmi's neck is on the chopping block for this mess. As far as I'm concerned, he's as culpable as Mo.
    Ah boys, DichioTFC has brought us to the crossroads that will actually decide wether TFC will slide into oblivion or rise from the ashes like a phoenix... Should Tom Anselmi be fired right now, this year, tout suite, right after the ticket renewal period is over? Should the house be cleaned completely, or should the big fish be allowed to slither away... Should the person really responsible get away with it? Answer the following questions and then comment/vote

Whose fault was it that Mo was hired in the first place?
    ...Tom Anselmi?
    Whose fault was it that Mo was promoted, despite lack of results?
    ...Tom Anselmi?
    Whose fault was it that Mo's got a job extension despite last year's failure in New York?
    ...Tom Anselmi?
    Who is responsible for the boys having to play an extra year on artificial turf (while spending 1/2 million? hauling in grass for the madrid game)?
    ...Tom Anselme?
    Who is responsible for a dorky, useless and awkward seat relocation process?
    ...Tom Anselme?
    Who has brought in, and continues to bring in crappy consultants because he doesn't know much about soccer?
    ...Tom Anselme?
    Who is responsible for the 75%-100% price hike in seats in only FOUR years - during a recession, with pathetic results each year on the field?
    ...Tom Anselme?
    Who is responsible for the most discusting Season Ticket Holder offering in living memory, in all of Major sport?
    ...Tom Anselme?
    Who was on major media last week and bumbled and fumbled to try to come up with the number of games included in the season ticket package they are trying to fleece Toronto FC fans with?
    ...Tom Anselme?
    Who has launched a bunch of bogus townhalls and stands in front of everyone continuing to give the city of Toronto (with the most ardent soccer fans in North America) piffle, baffle gab, spin and a few crocodile tears rather than directly dealing with, and fixing the issues at hand:
    - continued unbelievable price hikes with terrible product on the field
    - forced inclusion of MLS Cup 2010 tickets in a 2011 package
    - an overall ticket package that disrespects the fans in too many ways to count...
    ...Could it be Tom Anselme?

The solution is obvious, and we should do a poll on it now (if I can figure out polls, I will put it up next...)

The solution is:

A 2011 Season Ticket package that includes
    only the 17 regular season MLS games for
    the exact same total price as last year.

This will allow the fan base to survive intact, feel respected, invigourate ticket sales and launch the "NEW Toronto FC" into the next few seasons.

I do not think that Tom Anselmi is smart enough to realize that this is what is required, so I vote to:
    KICK HIS ASS AS SOON AS THE TICKET RENEWAL PERIOD IS COMPLETE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes he should, will he? no.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Anselmi and Paul Beirne should both be fired.

I know people don't want to hear this but Paul Beirne is not your friend.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes and they should hire me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Anselmi reports massive earnings to his bosses. They don't evaluate him on wins and losses or whether fans are happy with his work.

Just like Richard Peddie. If it ain't broke, why fix it? Richard Peddie found two "consultants" for the leafs and raptors and washed his hands of the mess. Anselmi will do the same thing for TFC and continue to make his bosses money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Tom Anselmi reports massive earnings to his bosses. They don't evaluate him on wins and losses or whether fans are happy with his work.
    This.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it ain't broke, why fix it?
    But it is broken now...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    But it is broken now...
    Not for the shareholders it isn't.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Should he give up some of his oversight for TFC? Yeah that seems possible. We could see a director or executive VP who reports to Tom but has the day to day control of the team, manager, marketting, season tickets, BMO, etc... therefore keeping Tom 3.7km away, where he belongs: Fucking up the Raptors and Leafs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, he should have been fired a long time ago. How many consecutive seasons have the leafs, raptors and TFC missed the playoffs?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like Richard Peddie. If it ain't broke, why fix it? Richard Peddie found two "consultants" for the leafs and raptors and washed his hands of the mess. Anselmi will do the same thing for TFC and continue to make his bosses money.
    Dunno about you, but I'd say things are busted pretty good right now - empty stands, 30% renewal rate, 100% of the fans pissed off, pathetic product on the field, top two team management positions stand empty, bad press everywhere, Tommy A. embarassing himself publicly several times a week, an MLS Cup PR debacle looming and on top of all that, Adrian Cann's nose is broken. You must be a real Mary Sunshine...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momma Mia - there are 2 votes for Tommy A. - the rumours must be true that he has joined the Red Patch Boys forum along with one of his interns... or perhaps he got several interns to join... I guess the poll will flush them all out... ;-)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maximo_rpd View Post
    Dunno about you, but I'd say things are busted pretty good right now - empty stands, 30% renewal rate, 100% of the fans pissed off, pathetic product on the field, top two team management positions stand empty, bad press everywhere, Tommy A. embarassing himself publicly several times a week, an MLS Cup PR debacle looming and on top of all that, Adrian Cann's nose is broken. You must be a real Mary Sunshine...
    As much as we love TFC their overall revenue is tiny compared to the rest of MLSE.

The leafs are winning so TV revenue will rise as will ticket sales, and executive boxes will fill up soon. Raptors are about to start their season and is doing as well as usual. (Granted not perfect but making money) Real Sports Bar is a hit improving the brand.

If the leafs were in the same position this year as last year then I can see that Tom should be worried. Leaf Nation is happy therfore MLSE is happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that is what is need to get this team back he did this for the leafs and they just won there last 4 game they have not done that for 10 years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Tom Anselmi should be fired. He's gone public and admitted they made a big mistake. Well, Tom, in my world, when executives like yourself make big mistakes, big changes follow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you guys think that Tom A is the sole person making all if these desiscions? MLS gave us Mo, and do you really think that he sits there how can I screw this up and piss of yeh supporters?

Just q reminder with all of this bashing of MLSE do you think that there would be a TFC if it wasn't for MLSE as I didn't see anyone willing to pony up the ten million at that time.

For the record I don't work for MLSE. I just want to show the other side. A lot of people won't like itbut think about it no MLSE no TFC

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    Paul Beirne is not your friend.
    No he is not

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be so sure about that. They didn't retract the CCL games for no reason. And there is still a lot of unrest over the MLS Cup tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would ppl say no, like fuck

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    Just q reminder with all of this bashing of MLSE do you think that there would be a TFC if it wasn't for MLSE as I didn't see anyone willing to pony up the ten million at that time.
    I do wish that TFC were owned by someone else, even rogers. If TFC were owned by someone who had fewer sports franchises they would have to concentrate on making TFC a winner. With MLSE TFC's potential losses can be rolled into the leafs and Raptors profits and look good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you guys think that Tom A is the sole person making all if these desiscions? MLS gave us Mo, and do you really think that he sits there how can I screw this up and piss of yeh supporters?

For the record I don't work for MLSE. I just want to show the other side. A lot of people won't like itbut think about it no MLSE no TFC
    And they have made money hand over fist and used us as marketing tools while raising prices and putting inferior shit on the pitch. The least they could have done is freeze prices instead of jacking supporters section tickets because they overpriced and overvalued the prawn sections.

Get out the lube, its not going to get better soon.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    As much as we love TFC their overall revenue is tiny compared to the rest of MLSE.

The leafs are winning so TV revenue will rise as will ticket sales, and executive boxes will fill up soon. Raptors are about to start their season and is doing as well as usual. (Granted not perfect but making money) Real Sports Bar is a hit improving the brand.

If the leafs were in the same position this year as last year then I can see that Tom should be worried. Leaf Nation is happy therfore MLSE is happy.
    You are way off topic - the question was:

Do YOU feel that Tom Anselmi SHOULD be fired

If MLSE determines they need one more scapegoat for this TFC debacle, Tom is the man, but I am not asking if you think MLSE will make another scapegoat - I am asking you to make your assessment of the job done to date and if you think he should continue in his current capacity with this club.

Has Tommy A, in your opinion, done enough for this club to continue in his current capicity?

... I would note that Tom has at least 3 of his interns on this board so far (he has 4 votes!) Even an intern must be embarassed to vote for Tommy A. given their "up close" view of how well he is handling the soccer portfolio... What is going on? Please, interns, speak up and tell us why Tom deserves your vote of confidence?? Somebody throw me a bone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi fetches coffee for richard peddie...not even close in terms of stature, relevance or power within MLSE...he is the waterboy who got into the game, managed to score and now thinks he can play..
    Last edited by wzhxvy; 10-16-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted no, just cuz...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed - good point. That gave them a free pass for 3 pathetic years, but that does not give them a free pass forever and we are the ones paying all the cash out, and they are the ones raking all the cash in... we want accountability and a substantial financial fix - now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF is wrong with everyone? If you are MLSE there is no reason to fire him. As fan I realize that really at the end of the day what do you want him to say? At least he admitted his error. It took Peddie how ling to admitted he fucked up the Leafs or the Rapotors?

When you buy a franchise you rely on the company to help you with getting the contacts to hire the right people and they gave us Mo

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Anselmi fetches coffee to richard peddie...not even close in terms of stature, relevance or power within MLSE...he is the waterboy who got into the game, managed to score and now thinks he can play..
    Agreed - so, should we keep the water boy - has the water been cool, refreshing and on time? Or should we get a new water boi, or better yet fix the structure and just get rid of the position of waterboy altogether?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF is wrong with everyone? If you are MLSE there is no reason to fire him. As fan I realize that really at the end of the day what do you want him to say? At least he admitted his error. It took Peddie how ling to admitted he fucked up the Leafs or the Rapotors?
    How can you say there is no reason to fire him?

Its unprecedented to have a sports executive come out and apologize for fucking up like Anselmi did.

Its also unprecedented for a professional sports team to alter its season ticket package just days before its deadline.

Anselmi and Beirne fucked up financially. Not sure how anyone can't see that. They are reeling. Its shocking they are still running TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you go hire some other person from MLSE property and what is goinng to change? Really what do you think that they are going to go to RBP, Usecotr, NEE and ask us what we want and do what we ask?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maximo_rpd View Post
    You are way off topic - the question was:

Do YOU feel that Tom Anselmi SHOULD be fired

If MLSE determines they need one more scapegoat for this TFC debacle, Tom is the man, but I am not asking if you think MLSE will make another scapegoat - I am asking you to make your assessment of the job done to date and if you think he should continue in his current capacity with this club.
    His job as Executive VP and COO for MLSE is safe. Do I think he will be fired no. Do I think he should be fired no. He is making money had over fist for MLSE with the leafs, raptors and Real Sports. Overall MLSE is in a good position and from a business perspective he is doing just fine. He will collect his annual bonus and probably get some ribbing at the company christmas party about how he handled those TFC fans back in the fall.

Do I think he has squandered a good thing with TFC oh yeah. If there is any scape goats both have been shown the door. MLSE made it really clear that Preki and Mo were responsible and they have been dealt with.