Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Post 'Townhall' Debrief and Discussion

The first wave of 'townhallers' are probably down at BMO right now, and may be back online in a very short while.

Please keep all the post-townhall discussion, debate and debriefings in this thread.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Live stream? That would be awesome.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no live stream..... man... hahah.... people want everything live and online these days.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol...want..

I deserve a live stream. MLSE owes me that much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its 1 am here can't sleep.

don't know why I'm even bothering to stay up for this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    The first wave of 'townhallers' are probably down at BMO right now, and may be back online in a very short while.
    When I first read that, I thought First Wave was getting a townhall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wheeler with some good tweets

http://twitter.com/gareth_wheeler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#TFC won't rush the hire of a new GM, but might not be in time for expansion draft. Consultants assisting with hire to be announced soon. 9 minutes ago via web
    I'm actually in favour of that. Unless, of course, the consultants are from First Wave....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back from meeting....left early just sick of the corporate BULL and I'm in the financail sector
    All I can say is plenty of lip service NO REAL SOLUTIONS
    I wasted more time and $

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    Back from meeting....left early just sick of the corporate BULL and I'm in the financail sector
    I wasted more time and $
    well yeah... that was expected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasted more time and $
    Not terribly surprising.

You can pretty much smell it a mile away, they will tell you ANYTHING you want to hear as long as you keep paying.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Then stop fucking paying. Period!
    KD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen up fellow 'Pool supporter I have stopped PAYING GENIUS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As per tweet from Gareth Wheeler "#TFC doesn't look at other #MLS teams when it comes to price schemes - they base it on Toronto prices. Why not base it on TO's performance?

Funny how ML$E controls the Toronto sports market pricing and because they overprice Leaf and Raptors tickets they feel obligated to gouge TFC fans as well...
    Last edited by jimiv; 10-14-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: spelling

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I called in today to ask when season tickets would be sold to gold list or red list and the representative behind the phone was like "Wait, you WANT to buy it?"

I bet I can probably get my hands on tickets for 100 bux if I play my cards right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasted more time and $
    Wow that's shocking, I really thought that they were going to actually do something like roll back prices, or a price freeze or take out the MLS cup.. Ya whatever... The more I listen to these boobs the more I feel better about my decision not to renew.. I love TFC and always will but I will not give ML$E another penny, I'm even going to cancel my subscription to GOL tv.. Go F yourself you dirty bunch of pigs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man TFC is just like a hot chick that's dummer than a box of rocks.... but you still want to shag her....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man TFC is just like a hot chick that's dummer than a box of rocks.... but you still want to shag her....
    But it's never meant to be....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    As per tweet from Gareth Wheeler "#TFC doesn't look at other #MLS teams when it comes to price schemes - they base it on Toronto prices. Why not base it on TO's performance?

Funny how ML$E controls the Toronto sports market pricing and because they overprice Leaf and Raptors tickets they feel obligated to gouge TFC fans as well...
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read that tweet... Leaf fans and raptor fans are being gouged so why can you guys just open wallets, shut up and let us gouge you too... F you, you dirty bunch of pigs,

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Wheeler tweets

@gmacphee They said overall, ticket prices were out of whack section to section. "Correcting imbalances" #TFC
    #TFC doesn't look at other #MLS teams when it comes to price schemes - they base it on Toronto prices. Why not base it on TO's performance?
    We have to call them out on both of these:

Tweet 1 - so that means they are looking to make TFC the single most expensive team for every section type across the board compared to the rest of the league? And why should the supporter section tickets be prioced relative to the club seats and the ludicrously priced side tables?

Tweet 2 - this really pisses me off. MLSE HAVE A FUCKING MONOPOLY, so they are basically saying "well the Leafs and Raptors cost more, so we can charge more for TFC" and then keep putting prices up for all three based on the same argument?! How fucking arrogant is that?! And at best what they are trying to do is price TFC vs the NBA and NHL rather than vs MLS, just because they own teams in those other sports. That is insane. I am definitely quoting this and querying it on Monday night. Arrogant pricks. I am staggered that they even admit this given their monopoly situation.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Gareth Wheeler tweet

#TFC supporters came up and told me they're leaving frustrated, but do like the Town Hall forum

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was there, not a lot of real answers in truth, constant evasion of the per game increase and mls cup questions. justified by saying most people outside of the sg's want the mls cup. the whole thing kind of got derailed by some dumb questions, asking about traffic getting in and out of games, or about restrusturing the voyageurs cup.

they still seem very full of themselves and the success they've created and though they seem to recognise the fans and sg's as part of that, they certainly don't seem like they feel that they owe them anything.

sw paul one on one after, marlies tickets are probably here to stay, though he claimed that he argues passionately against them but always gets overruled.

also asked about brennan, cochrane, daso, dichio etc whether the new guy can pick his own staff or he'll be forced to keep them. apparently he won't be forced, he'll be asked to assess them and left to make his own mind up, but I get the impresion he's going to be strongly urged to keep them, they seem very committed to developing the game and infrastructure and people.

within about 2 minutes of our conversation, he turned and asked my wife "is he always this cynical?".

after taalking to paul, there looked to be aa lot of people trying to talk to tom and earl so I left rather than wait.

interesting and kind of fun to get into the inner sanctum, but not really much new said.

food was disappointing as well, wings nachos, veggies, dip and pizza, though to be fair they did give us 2 drink tickets each so no complaints.
    Last edited by Darlofletch; 10-14-2010 at 09:09 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post

sw paul one on one after, marlies tickets are probably here to stay, though he claimed that he argues passionately against them but always gets overruled.
    I have never truly been angry at FO till now, and though I've been upset on the board, I've never said anything in malice. This time, however, they have crossed the fucking line.

GET RID OF THIS F---ING PACKAGE, YOU F---ING MORON WANKERS.

My dedication to this cause is everlasting. I will take an infraction or a ban for it. I don't care. Enough is enough. Try the fuck harder Paul.
    Last edited by Phil; 10-15-2010 at 07:40 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was there, not a lot of real answers in truth, constant evasion of the per game increase and mls cup questions. justified by saying most people outside of the sg's want the mls cup. the whole thing kind of got derailed by some dumb questions, asking about traffic getting in and out of games, or about restrusturing the voyageurs cup.

they still seem very full of themselves and the success they've created and though they seem to recognise the fans and sg's as part of that, they certainly don't seem like they owe them anything.
    MLSE love it when crap like that happens. It totally takes the focus of the real issues.

I honestly don't know why people ask crap like that. It's not like MLSE builds roads, highways, and transit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE plants people to ask dumbass questions so that they can kill time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The most effective protest would have been not to go to this event.
    KD.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

... to be fair they did give us 2 drink tickets each so no complaints.
    Fuck me. I knew I should have gone.
    KD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty much what Darlo said. Those looking for anything more than the concacaf tickets being dropped will be not very happy as I cannot see anything else being done. They avoided a lot of the ticket pricing questions and genuinely did not feel that they were overpricing anyone. They might do a small u turn down the line to say that we really listened but even if they do it will not be much and I cannot see it happening unless they are already planning for this and are playing us.

Basically what I took from all of this is that this is the MLSE, this is the way we do business and if you are not happy about then that is up to you but we are not going to change anything. As long as you understand that TFC is going to be run like the raptors and the leafs then you will be fine but if you are looking for something different then don't kid yourself. Money is the main factor before the supporter, until this club hits some really bad times ie people not renewing then do not expect them to lower ticket prices or even freeze them.

They did not sound convincing about the future either ie new manager or new GM and Paul B basically said that himself. He said that he does not expect any supporter to be convinced about the future until they see who they bring in. I do not have a lot of hope in this respect, I cannot see them bringing in a great coach but who knows? They did also claim that Preki had a solid past in management, that is contrary to what I have read here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the heads up to all that went. Gives me/us more ammunition for Monday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    MLSE plants people to ask dumbass questions so that they can kill time.
    I actually thought that for a moment too, the traffic question and the voyagers cup question, WTF?